Gander Promo Code 1/16/18 Only

Gun related chat that doesn't fit in another forum

Re: Gander Promo Code 1/16/18 Only

Postby FJ540 on Tue Jan 30, 2018 3:32 am

Happened to be driving past the Baxter store yesterday. Whole lot of nothing happening there.

If they're reopening it, they either have more manpower than Dick's or it's not going to happen before the snow melts.

Dick's now has a store by Costco, and it's taken them 6 months to build it out and open.
FJ540

Postby warrlac on Tue Jan 30, 2018 9:31 am

It's January 30th and the only response I've received from GO was a confirmation that the 12 Gauge Remington Target Club was on backorder (there's plenty in the store however). The other two orders seem to have been ignored. No credit card charge and no acknowledgements...

In comparison to the best-in-class on-line sportsman stores, GO's website and system seems lacking and very immature. The store employees (some were there before) are very nice, but they seem to be just as puzzled as I am about these orders. If GO customer service cancelled the other orders (and I'm sure they did), the local team does not appear to know or be in communication.

warrlac wrote:I received order confirmations like the rest of you.

Then another notice that one of the items was on back order...

All my orders are pick-up at store. I've been there once (the 19th), but I've received nothing in the way of notice that the orders were shipped. Probably go back there this coming Friday with copies of my orders to see if they know anything?
warrlac

Postby yukonjasper on Tue Jan 30, 2018 9:59 am

Correct, the local team doesn't seem to be in the know on how the internet orders delivered to the store system works. The guy that helped me admitted that it was a new thing that they didn't know much about and that they just get the packages and put them in a room and wait for people to show up and pick up. He didn't ask for Proof of Identity or anything. His advice for question on the Internet ordering was to call the 800 number on the website. I think there is much work to be done to fully evolve their internet presence and processes. Does anyone have any experience with Camping World? You'd think they could adapt that system, redesign the front end and get something functional up and running. Maybe Camping Worlds website stinks also.........
Deo Adjuvante Non Timendum - (with the help of God there is nothing to be afraid of)
Spectamur Agendo - (We are proven by our actions)
Non Ducor, Duco - (I am not led, I lead)
NRA Life Member
yukonjasper

Postby Holland&Holland on Tue Jan 30, 2018 10:26 am

Customer service over the phone is not much better. I called and read them for some fun, talked to a rep and then a supervisor. Read them the riot act abit on how they managed this.

Honestly, about what I expected. A couple of nits though. When asked why the web site allowed orders to go through rather than inform the person that the code had been used or was one use only, they claimed they had no control over the web site because it is out on the "web" and it is only until it gets to their system that these things can be identified. Asked why there was no pop up message stating this could only be used once per household. Once again they have no control over what happens on the "web". I dunno, maybe they don't own their own web site?

My only real complaint is that there is no email back at some point in the process stating that the order has been canceled. That would have been nice. They stated they do not have the staffing for that. Even now, I can click on the link in the confirmation email I received and it still states my order is in process. But he confirmed that none other than the 1st are in their system. So...

That is what I know, I guess I will just go pickup my free box of ammo and enjoy.
Holland&Holland

Postby Ghost on Tue Jan 30, 2018 12:03 pm

Just returned from the store under the BFF. I successfully picked up my second and last order.

I did get an ID check but the only reason was because the staffer had looked in the box and saw my 4 lbs of tannerite and was concerned that it could be used for nefarious purposes. Not a bad order for $5.35.

It is pretty crazy that they didn't set things up better for online order pickup. I don't see how any "new" store going forward wouldn't put a priority on ship to store orders with online ordering becoming the norm. I shouldn't have to walk to the gear tech center or whatever they convinced themselves they do so that they can bring me a box that was in the room next to the front door. There should be a counter near the front door and somebody should be manning it.

I'm still quite satisfied with my haul. Not bad spending under $7 for 5 lbs of tannerite and a folding fillet/boning knife.
Ghost

Postby xd ED on Tue Jan 30, 2018 1:00 pm

I got to check out that flag everyone mentions...
LET'S GO BRANDON
xd ED

Postby INOR on Tue Jan 30, 2018 1:08 pm

It’s just a Garrison flag. Too bad they’re such a novelty these days.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
INOR

Postby warrlac on Sat Feb 17, 2018 10:20 pm

My order arrived at Gander Outdoors, Lakeville yesterday. Exactly one month from my order date. Cheap target loads at around $2.50/box with that $25 discount. Glad I wasn't in a hurry...
warrlac

Postby INOR on Sun Feb 18, 2018 10:55 am

I was reading a couple articles about data collection and marketing recently. They more than likely got their money’s worth out of you through this deal just by getting you in their system and selling your data. It’s a huge industry. Anybody ever wonder how Facebook and other social media makes money and yet doesn’t charge you a thing for using it? Companies collect data on every single purchase we make and they’re building profiles on all of us.

That becomes interesting in a gun control environment. We think that we’re not registered as owners of various guns and accessories but there is a record of it in databases. We buy 5.56/.223 ammo or accessories and we’re on the radar as a AR owner. All our purchases are being tracked and they’re running algorithms on the purchase data to predict what else we might be interested in so they can send us emails marketing that stuff to us to get us to buy. Think that the government doesn’t have access to that data? I detest marketing in general but we all need to know that this stuff is defacto gun registration.

INOR

Postby Holland&Holland on Sun Feb 18, 2018 12:34 pm

INOR wrote:I was reading a couple articles about data collection and marketing recently. They more than likely got their money’s worth out of you through this deal just by getting you in their system and selling your data. It’s a huge industry. Anybody ever wonder how Facebook and other social media makes money and yet doesn’t charge you a thing for using it? Companies collect data on every single purchase we make and they’re building profiles on all of us.

That becomes interesting in a gun control environment. We think that we’re not registered as owners of various guns and accessories but there is a record of it in databases. We buy 5.56/.223 ammo or accessories and we’re on the radar as a AR owner. All our purchases are being tracked and they’re running algorithms on the purchase data to predict what else we might be interested in so they can send us emails marketing that stuff to us to get us to buy. Think that the government doesn’t have access to that data? I detest marketing in general but we all need to know that this stuff is defacto gun registration.

Too late

Have a carry permit? Already in a data base.
Holland&Holland

Postby Ghost on Sun Feb 18, 2018 1:03 pm

I haven't received a single email from them other than my order emails.
Ghost

Postby INOR on Sun Feb 18, 2018 1:07 pm

It’s not just about them marketing to you. It’s about collecting your purchase history and preferences and selling it to other interested parties.

INOR

Postby Ghost on Sun Feb 18, 2018 1:34 pm

INOR wrote:It’s not just about them marketing to you. It’s about collecting your purchase history and preferences and selling it to other interested parties.

Pretty sure with the amount of stuff I've bought online in the last 15-20 years, they already have me.

If a company that has at least three businesses (camping world, overtons and gander outdoors) wants to sell info so their competitors can market stuff to me, have at it.
Ghost

Postby Holland&Holland on Sun Feb 18, 2018 8:33 pm

INOR wrote:It’s not just about them marketing to you. It’s about collecting your purchase history and preferences and selling it to other interested parties.

You must not have entered an order, if you had your opinion of their ability to actually collect said data would be severely impacted.
Holland&Holland

Postby FJ540 on Mon Feb 19, 2018 12:24 am

Holland&Holland wrote:

You must not have entered an order, if you had your opinion of their ability to actually collect said data would be severely impacted.

:lol: :lol: :lol:
FJ540

PreviousNext

Return to General Gun Chat