Shot show 2018... Exciting new stuff or not?

Gun related chat that doesn't fit in another forum

Re: Shot show 2018... Exciting new stuff or not?

Postby goosed on Thu Jan 25, 2018 6:58 pm

It's a good time to be a custom bolt fan...

New action from Bighorn the Origin and another one from Gunwerks GRB finally offering custom actions at sub-$1k prices ($850).

New action from ARC the nucleus $1000 Image

ARC released a quick barrel change system called "barloc" $150 Image

Curtis Vector action is coming... won't be cheap ($1400), but it has an amazing feature list and is the first true quick barrel change custom action I'm aware of Image
goosed

Postby ex-LT on Thu Jan 25, 2018 7:01 pm

goosed wrote:The ruger precision rimfire does not excite me even though I own and enjoy the RPR. Youtube videos confirmed my fears: plenty of chassis flex and significant bolt slop.

Anschutz NA announced they will offer a 54 sporter action in an fiberglass stock with adjustable cheek riser. Not sure what the fiberglass stocks brings to the table the GRS stocks don't... I guess options are good anyways. MSRP $2700

The tikka T1x is the most exciting rimfire rifle (to me). Sounds like all the things I like about the T3 lineup (at least per accurateshooter.com) just scaled down. MSRP $499, street ~$400

Someone should tell the Sako/Tikka marketing department that when you take a publicity photo of a new gun, you really need to make sure the ammunition shown in the photo matches the gun. Not as big of an oops as HK's "load the cartridges backwards", but .223 casings in a photo shoot for .22 LR is still an "OOPS".
DNR Certified Firearms Safety Instructor
NRA Certified Range Safety Officer
NRA Certified Instructor - Pistol, Rifle, and Shotgun
NRA Endowment Life Member
MN Gun Owners Caucus Life Member
Member Post 435 Gun Club
ex-LT
Inspector Gadget

Postby goosed on Thu Jan 25, 2018 7:21 pm

This one caught me off guard... This is CZ's new integral 22lr suppressor. Baffles thread into the barrel. Being able to tune baffle spacing could be fun, but I'm skeptical... how long before threads are too clogged to move/remove the baffles (20/50/100) ?
goosed

Postby goosed on Thu Jan 25, 2018 7:29 pm

ex-LT wrote:Someone should tell the Sako/Tikka marketing department that when you take a publicity photo of a new gun, you really need to make sure the ammunition shown in the photo matches the gun. Not as big of an oops as HK's "load the cartridges backwards", but .223 casings in a photo shoot for .22 LR is still an "OOPS".

Picture is from range day at shot show. Blame the slack jawed media taking random photos and posting them, not the marketing dept. Still the video on Tikka's website isn't going to win any awards.

Almost as bad as Magpul's video when they released their first Remington 700 stock...
goosed

Postby goosed on Thu Jan 25, 2018 7:36 pm

Randygmn wrote:Everything I’ve seen has explicitly stated law enforcement and military. They are going for all the foreign MP5 contracts. Haven’t read a single word about civilians other than “we are waiting to see about civilian sales”. Fwiw. If you find it, please post. But don’t go to far out of your way. We’ll know in the next few days. Thx!

Nothing I found that 100% confirms it though it appears more and more likely the rifle won't be available.

What it appears we civilians will get instead, the civilian legal pistol "Evo 3 S2 Micro w/brace" and the S2 Reflex suppressor each sold separately. Not a bad compromise... imo.
goosed

Postby Randygmn on Thu Jan 25, 2018 8:14 pm

goosed wrote:
Randygmn wrote:Everything I’ve seen has explicitly stated law enforcement and military. They are going for all the foreign MP5 contracts. Haven’t read a single word about civilians other than “we are waiting to see about civilian sales”. Fwiw. If you find it, please post. But don’t go to far out of your way. We’ll know in the next few days. Thx!

Nothing I found that 100% confirms it though it appears more and more likely the rifle won't be available.

What it appears we civilians will get instead, the civilian legal pistol "Evo 3 S2 Micro w/brace" and the S2 Reflex suppressor each sold separately. Not a bad compromise... imo.

Yup, I had a feeling. It’s an omen when every bit of exposure only talks about LEO and MIL. But, I found something better, lol. I read about this company about 2 weeks ago and then saw a video about their products. It’s definitely my next major purchase. When I have an extra few minutes I’m going to prepare a separate thread about it here. I haven’t been this excited about a firearm and or component in years.

Oh, and by the way- the Sig 365 has got a tingling going up my leg. Wow. And I don’t really like Sigs.
Randygmn

Postby ex-LT on Sun Jan 28, 2018 5:17 pm

DNR Certified Firearms Safety Instructor
NRA Certified Range Safety Officer
NRA Certified Instructor - Pistol, Rifle, and Shotgun
NRA Endowment Life Member
MN Gun Owners Caucus Life Member
Member Post 435 Gun Club
ex-LT
Inspector Gadget

Postby Ghost on Sun Jan 28, 2018 5:55 pm

Nicely written. Congratulations to them.
Ghost

Previous

Return to General Gun Chat