I'm discouraged...

Gun related chat that doesn't fit in another forum

Re: I'm discouraged...

Postby yukonjasper on Wed Feb 21, 2018 12:37 pm

Fair enough - am not hip enough to know that "The Resistance" is an ALT Left movement. I agree, the irony is thick. Guys like Collin Noir is a great example. If I'm not mistaken, part of his message is that any member of an "oppressed" class should be supportive of the right to retain a means to resist that "oppression". That Oppression can take many forms including citizens of all races who are not able to flee a crime ridden neighborhood and must be prepared to assert their rights of quiet enjoyment and pursuit of happiness. The Rights are available to everyone as long as they haven't violated the Social Contract of respecting everyone else's rights and participate in a lawful way within the law. There are lots of angles in that debate - who's laws etc.- but in general if you are a law abiding citizen, All rights apply to you. If someone says different, well we have a means to correct that through legal means and in extreme cases where that won't work, we have the 2nd Amendment available to keep us empowered to set things right.

Government of the people, by the people, for the people, shall not perish from the Earth. - Abraham Lincoln
Deo Adjuvante Non Timendum - (with the help of God there is nothing to be afraid of)
Spectamur Agendo - (We are proven by our actions)
Non Ducor, Duco - (I am not led, I lead)
NRA Life Member
yukonjasper

Postby Ghost on Wed Feb 21, 2018 12:41 pm

Tonight at 8

https://www.mediaite.com/online/nra-spox-dana-loesch-joining-cnns-town-hall-with-parkland-shooting-survivors/

CNN’s town hall on gun control is primed to get even more interesting than previously expected.

The network announced that the National Rifle Association agreed to participate in their forum on gun violence prevention in light of last week’s school shooting in Parkland, Florida. Conservative pundit and NRA spokeswoman Dana Loesch will represent the organization tonight, and she will hear from the students and local community members affected by the tragedy.

The NRA has been under a lot of pressure recently since the shooting has prompted new calls for gun control and legislative action around the country. This may be having an effect on CPAC this year, since NRA chief Wayne LaPierre‘s name was conspicuously absent from their schedule even though he’s supposed to speak.

Multiple public officials and gun advocates on both sides were invited to attend tonight’s event. Florida governor Rick Scott declined to appear, but Florida Senators Bill Nelson (D), Marco Rubio (R) will appear along with Rep. Ted Deutch (D). President Trump was also asked to attend the forum, but he will instead hold his own “listening forum” with high school teachers and students today.

The town hall is scheduled for 9 p.m. EST, and CNN’s Jake Tapper will moderate the proceedings.
Ghost

Postby unfitmother on Wed Feb 21, 2018 5:34 pm

yukonjasper wrote:Please convince me that I'm wrong and unduly paranoid.

Read this study from last summer: http://www.people-press.org/2017/06/22/ ... bout-guns/
Semper Gumby
unfitmother

Postby Rip Van Winkle on Wed Feb 21, 2018 6:39 pm

An interesting article in Investor's Business Daily.
Gun Deaths: It's become commonplace to hear after a U.S. shooting tragedy that, when it comes to guns, America is just more violent than other countries, especially those in Europe, where many countries have stiff gun-control laws. It's a progressive shibboleth, but even some conservatives agree. The only problem is, it's not true.
https://www.investors.com/politics/editorials/sorry-despite-gun-control-advocates-claims-u-s-isnt-the-worst-country-for-mass-shootings/
I will never apologize for being an American.
Post 435 Gun Club
North Star Rifle Club
cmpofficer@post435gunclub.org
48 down, Still in the hunt for a heavy!
President's Hundred (#48 2018)
Certified NRA RSO
Rip Van Winkle

Location: Unfashionable end of the western spiral arm, Galaxy Milky Way

Postby Ghost on Wed Feb 21, 2018 7:24 pm

Rip Van Winkle wrote:An interesting article in Investor's Business Daily.
Gun Deaths: It's become commonplace to hear after a U.S. shooting tragedy that, when it comes to guns, America is just more violent than other countries, especially those in Europe, where many countries have stiff gun-control laws. It's a progressive shibboleth, but even some conservatives agree. The only problem is, it's not true.
https://www.investors.com/politics/editorials/sorry-despite-gun-control-advocates-claims-u-s-isnt-the-worst-country-for-mass-shootings/

Thanks for posting that
Ghost

Postby Ghost on Wed Feb 21, 2018 7:39 pm

Looks like gun grabbers will pay you and give you a sign

Ghost

Postby INOR on Wed Feb 21, 2018 8:23 pm

Gotta respect Rubio for being there to stand up and state his position and take the inevitable abuse from a very pissed off crowd.
INOR

Postby Holland&Holland on Wed Feb 21, 2018 8:56 pm

INOR wrote:Gotta respect Rubio for being there to stand up and state his position and take the inevitable abuse from a very pissed off crowd.

What a circus.
Holland&Holland

Postby Holland&Holland on Wed Feb 21, 2018 9:04 pm

So Rubio just said he will support a magazine ban.
WTF???
Holland&Holland

Postby Ghost on Wed Feb 21, 2018 9:06 pm

Holland&Holland wrote:So Rubio just said he will support a magazine ban.
WTF???

May have just ended his political career
Ghost

Postby Holland&Holland on Wed Feb 21, 2018 9:08 pm

Ghost wrote:
Holland&Holland wrote:So Rubio just said he will support a magazine ban.
WTF???

May have just ended his political career

I sure hope so.
Holland&Holland

Postby Ghost on Wed Feb 21, 2018 9:11 pm

This is a S show
Ghost

Postby unfitmother on Wed Feb 21, 2018 9:18 pm

Semper Gumby
unfitmother