I'm discouraged...

Gun related chat that doesn't fit in another forum

Re: I'm discouraged...

Postby Holland&Holland on Thu Feb 22, 2018 8:58 am

INOR wrote:Did he really cave on his principles? He didn't commit to anything. He said he was "open to discussions," but in the end, he still has to vote and it's his final vote that really determines where he stands. He said he is in favor of raising purchase age to 21 (Trump is in agreement with that). He said he favors improving NCIS (Trump also in support of this). He said he thinks states need to be required to share more info with feds (for NCIS to work, that sort of has to happen). He said that we need to have uncomfortable discussions about the type of information that is shared (ie - loosening HIPPA laws so that docs and other med practitioners are able to share mental health and other information with NCIS). He said he is open to "discussions" about magazine capacity, but we'll see if he's that serious on that. He tried to hold ground against AWB and tried to articulate the fact that there's no difference between what people think of as "assault weapons" and other semi-automatic rifles. That didn't go over well, of course, because the mob was seemingly on board with getting rid of all semi-autos including hunting rifles and handguns. He tried to back the dem Representative (Deutsch?) and Sen Bill Nelson into a corner on whether they were advocating getting rid of all semi-auto including hunting rifles and handguns. I don't think that he did all that bad really given the hostile environment. Again, what will matter is how he votes and how he leads on the issues.

Yes he caved. What makes you think just because Trump supports it, it is in alignment with those of us who believe in rights and freedom?

21, I don't support it. I support that none of the mob in that arena should be allowed a gun, however I know many responsible ADULTS who are 18 who use guns responsible. Why don't you come out to a high school trap shoot? There you can see "kids" who know how to be responsible. Invite Trump and your liberal friends. All are welcome.

Bump stocks -WTF?

And he did state he was open to banning high cap mags. What a turn coat.
Holland&Holland

Postby INOR on Thu Feb 22, 2018 9:01 am

I agree. But Trump disagrees with you. He thinks the age should be raised to 21.

If they want to move it to 21, then move the voting age to 21, move the selective service registration age to 21, etc. If we're going to define people as children until that age, then be consistent.
INOR

Postby Ghost on Thu Feb 22, 2018 9:03 am

INOR wrote:I agree. But Trump disagrees with you. He thinks the age should be raised to 21.

If they want to move it to 21, then move the voting age to 21, move the selective service registration age to 21, etc. If we're going to define people as children until that age, then be consistent.

Trump is wrong on this. Congratulations you are now an adult, in three years you can have your rights... please vote for me!!!! Absolutely ridiculous.
Ghost

Postby INOR on Thu Feb 22, 2018 9:03 am

My last post was in response to Ghost. To be clear, I don't advocate moving the age to 21. I think it's ridiculous. What I'm saying is that if they do such a ridiculous thing, then they need to be consistent and use that age for determining "adulthood" for everything.
INOR

Postby Ghost on Thu Feb 22, 2018 9:06 am

INOR wrote:My last post was in response to Ghost. To be clear, I don't advocate moving the age to 21. I think it's ridiculous. What I'm saying is that if they do such a ridiculous thing, then they need to be consistent and use that age for determining "adulthood" for everything.

Agreed

It appears to me that they will pack these bills with so much bs that they’ll never have votes and it’ll die.
Ghost

Postby Holland&Holland on Thu Feb 22, 2018 9:07 am

INOR wrote:I agree. But Trump disagrees with you. He thinks the age should be raised to 21.

Exactly, so last night there was an arena full of people, many of whom where 18 or close to being 18 cheering for basically this. :doh:

So basically, they are saying they are not ready to be adults, fine, if you want to self select that you are not ready and your parents want to continue to support you, that is your business, but I know many who are ready, many have gone on to put their lives on the line for us. I don't know about you but I am not going to go up to them and tell them to their face that they have not earned adulthood.

On, Trump, just because he is 1 million times better than Hillary, does not mean I agree with everything he says. Now, is the media out to get him at every possible moment and do I see that and feel that is wrong? Sure, but I do not agree with every policy he has.
Holland&Holland

Postby Rip Van Winkle on Thu Feb 22, 2018 10:05 am

I'd be fine raising the purchase age to 21, as long as the voting age is raised accordingly.

A meme from a few years ago.
I will never apologize for being an American.
Post 435 Gun Club
North Star Rifle Club
cmpofficer@post435gunclub.org
48 down, Still in the hunt for a heavy!
President's Hundred (#48 2018)
Certified NRA RSO
Rip Van Winkle

Location: Unfashionable end of the western spiral arm, Galaxy Milky Way

Postby Jack's My dog on Thu Feb 22, 2018 10:09 am

Holland&Holland wrote:

Exactly, so last night there was an arena full of people, many of whom where 18 or close to being 18 cheering for basically this. :doh:

So basically, they are saying they are not ready to be adults, fine, if you want to self select that you are not ready and your parents want to continue to support you, that is your business, but I know many who are ready, many have gone on to put their lives on the line for us. I don't know about you but I am not going to go up to them and tell them to their face that they have not earned adulthood.

On, Trump, just because he is 1 million times better than Hillary, does not mean I agree with everything he says. Now, is the media out to get him at every possible moment and do I see that and feel that is wrong? Sure, but I do not agree with every policy he has.

Some of these same people have been arguing for reducing the voting age to 16. I am so confused.
Jack's My dog

Postby Holland&Holland on Thu Feb 22, 2018 10:14 am

Jack's My dog wrote:
Holland&Holland wrote:

Some of these same people have been arguing for reducing the voting age to 16. I am so confused.

It is simple, if you believe in personal liberty, freedom, and conservative values at such a young age, there must be something wrong with you and you should not be considered an adult. If you vote democrat, believe in government control, redistribution of wealth, and that the ideals of conservatism are outdated and wrong, then you have been appropriately indoctrinated and should be allowed to continue to push those values on the unenlightened.
Holland&Holland

Postby Jack's My dog on Thu Feb 22, 2018 10:20 am

*****Please do not take the below thought as though I am suggesting conceding to an AR-15 ban, as I am not*******

I was wondering this morning how many pro-control individuals would agree to a "weapon of war/ar-15 for civilians ban" that would sunset once the military moved to lasers and rails guns, as the AR-15 would no longer be a "weapon of war". It seems they are plenty comfortable with previous weapons of war, such as lever guns, bolt guns, pump actions, falling blocks-other forms of singleshots..you get my point....Starting to think Lasers are a common sense solution we can all get behind.
Jack's My dog

Postby Holland&Holland on Thu Feb 22, 2018 10:25 am

Jack's My dog wrote:*****Please do not take the below thought as though I am suggesting conceding to an AR-15 ban, as I am not*******

I was wondering this morning how many pro-control individuals would agree to a "weapon of war/ar-15 for civilians ban" that would sunset once the military moved to lasers and rails guns, as the AR-15 would no longer be a "weapon of war". It seems they are plenty comfortable with previous weapons of war, such as lever guns, bolt guns, pump actions, falling blocks-other forms of singleshots..you get my point....Starting to think Lasers are a common sense solution we can all get behind.

They would not, did you hear them last night? They want to START with AR-15s, their full agenda is the banning of all firearms period.
Holland&Holland

Postby Ghost on Thu Feb 22, 2018 10:34 am

Holland&Holland wrote:
Jack's My dog wrote:*****Please do not take the below thought as though I am suggesting conceding to an AR-15 ban, as I am not*******

They would not, did you hear them last night? They want to START with AR-15s, their full agenda is the banning of all firearms period.

Yep, start with the 220 and move towards Marco's 2000. From there, everything else.
Ghost

Postby Ghost on Thu Feb 22, 2018 10:48 am

Just watched the sheriff again. starts at 35s. "They aren't adults"

Ghost

Postby Jack's My dog on Thu Feb 22, 2018 11:04 am

You guys are going to make me watch the whole damn thing aren't you.
Jack's My dog

Postby Holland&Holland on Thu Feb 22, 2018 11:05 am

Jack's My dog wrote:You guys are going to make me watch the whole damn thing aren't you.

It really is not worth it, but yea... sorry
Holland&Holland

PreviousNext

Return to General Gun Chat