I'm discouraged...

Gun related chat that doesn't fit in another forum

Re: I'm discouraged...

Postby Ghost on Sat Feb 24, 2018 1:14 pm

Lumpy wrote:
ex-LT wrote:
Jack's My dog wrote:It was mentioned more than once that they need to ban just plain old semi-automatics. They just dumped in a lot of Fudds with their 10-22's, A5's, and 1187's.

My guess, given the rarity in which they have been used in mass shootings, is that shotguns will be exempted from a semi-auto ban. However, that still leaves A LOT of Remington 740/742/4/7400/750s (plus a handful of BARs and some old Winchester Model 100s) that would be banned.

A man killed seven and wounded thirty-two with a break-action double-barreled shotgun- in 1915:

http://www.glynngen.com/history/bwkmassacre.htm
MANY WERE SAVED BY SMALL SHOT—Had All Shells Been Loaded With Buckshot Many Would Have Been Killed.

Oddly enough though, as far as I know there were no calls to ban shotguns or require a license to own one. I guess everyone was a "gun stroker" back then. :roll:

What stopped the rampage?
Mr. Butts, who had been struck by a shot from Phillips’ gun, rushed to a hardware store and, obtaining a pistol, began firing at the crazed timber dealer. A bullet from the lawyer’s pistol finally struck Phillips and he fell to the sidewalk, dying within a few minutes.

Probably one of shotgun Joe Biden’s relatives.
Ghost

Postby LarryFlew on Sat Feb 24, 2018 4:52 pm

Rip Van Winkle wrote:I'd be fine raising the purchase age to 21, as long as the voting age is raised accordingly.

A meme from a few years ago.

In 1966 there a kind of draft, if you are 18 your IN. Better have good reason backed by Dems like be in college, only son left at home etc. Most joined something while still in high school (signed up in Feb during school into AF in August). Seriously I was all about defending freedom but no consideration for voting at all. Of course owned a rifle and shotgun at about 15 and could walk down main street, stop and talk to the town cop and continue on.
If you're having second thoughts you're two ahead of most Democrats
LarryFlew

Location: Hamburg, MN - CZ fan - Class of 66 - USAF 66-70 - NRA life since 1970

Postby Ghost on Mon Feb 26, 2018 12:34 pm

At least you can't be as discouraged as Florida gun owners right now. Their senate votes today.

Amendment 772096 makes the Dept of Ag transfer 10% of all fees from CCW permits be spent on repaying Trauma Centers for the medical costs of caring for patients of "Mass Shootings". The term "mass shooting" means an incident in which four or more people are killed or injured by firearms in one or more locations in close proximity.

Amendment 411458 is the Assault Weapons Ban.

Amendment 812202 makes possession of a Bump Stock a Felony.

Amendment 697008 makes a requirement to have a safe, trigger lock, etc... basically you cannot keep a gun unlocked or loaded in your home.

Amendment 197998 makes registration legal in Florida.

Amendment 504798 makes universal background checks and ends private sales.
Ghost

Postby Lumpy on Mon Feb 26, 2018 3:09 pm

Ouch; and this after Florida lead the way in Shall Issue. :cry:
Lumpy

Postby yukonjasper on Mon Feb 26, 2018 3:13 pm

how much of that legislation is waaaayyy left loony over reaction which will be shot down by the cooler heads. Just because something is proposed, doesn't mean it will be law...............

That said, the people interested in freedom and the 2nd Amendment, need to be mobilized and active or they could be steam rolled by the "do something" crowd.
Deo Adjuvante Non Timendum - (with the help of God there is nothing to be afraid of)
Spectamur Agendo - (We are proven by our actions)
Non Ducor, Duco - (I am not led, I lead)
NRA Life Member
yukonjasper

Postby MJY65 on Mon Feb 26, 2018 5:17 pm

yukonjasper wrote:how much of that legislation is waaaayyy left loony over reaction which will be shot down by the cooler heads. Just because something is proposed, doesn't mean it will be law...............

Probably all of it. There is garbage like this every year.
MJY65

Postby Ghost on Mon Feb 26, 2018 5:20 pm

Ghost wrote:At least you can't be as discouraged as Florida gun owners right now. Their senate votes today.

Amendment 772096 makes the Dept of Ag transfer 10% of all fees from CCW permits be spent on repaying Trauma Centers for the medical costs of caring for patients of "Mass Shootings". The term "mass shooting" means an incident in which four or more people are killed or injured by firearms in one or more locations in close proximity.

Amendment 411458 is the Assault Weapons Ban.

Amendment 812202 makes possession of a Bump Stock a Felony.

Amendment 697008 makes a requirement to have a safe, trigger lock, etc... basically you cannot keep a gun unlocked or loaded in your home.

Amendment 197998 makes registration legal in Florida.

Amendment 504798 makes universal background checks and ends private sales.

They got by mostly unscathed. The 10% thing is moving forward.
Ghost

Postby Ghost on Sun Mar 25, 2018 6:11 pm

I’m discouraged. Having pizza in Northfield and the table near us was full of near elderly people discussing guns. One old guy said all we need is singleshots and then one of the younger ladies started talking about how the Vegas shooter built a ghost gun that could shoot faster than normal guns. :o :(
Ghost

I'm discouraged...

Postby INOR on Sun Mar 25, 2018 8:17 pm

Northfield is the Berkeley of Minnesota, Ghost. Stay away from there. Nothing good comes from that liberal sewer.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
INOR

Postby Ghost on Mon Mar 26, 2018 12:51 pm

INOR wrote:Northfield is the Berkeley of Minnesota, Ghost. Stay away from there. Nothing good comes from that liberal sewer.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I was half tempted to go correct their discussion but it was 6 on 2 so I decided why ruin my night.
Ghost

Postby yukonjasper on Mon Mar 26, 2018 12:58 pm

Besides that, they were probably packing heat, because gun control is for everyone else, not the intellectual elite.
Deo Adjuvante Non Timendum - (with the help of God there is nothing to be afraid of)
Spectamur Agendo - (We are proven by our actions)
Non Ducor, Duco - (I am not led, I lead)
NRA Life Member
yukonjasper

Postby Ghost on Mon Mar 26, 2018 4:18 pm

yukonjasper wrote:Besides that, they were probably packing heat, because gun control is for everyone else, not the intellectual elite.

They were clueless about the rest of their discussion, I doubt it. But they were probably quick to resort to violence of some sort.
Ghost

Postby Lumpy on Tue Mar 27, 2018 7:02 pm

yukonjasper wrote:Besides that, they were probably packing heat, because gun control is for everyone else, not the intellectual elite.

No, anti-gunners never pack heat; their bodyguards do.
Lumpy

Postby Ghost on Thu Mar 29, 2018 5:37 am

Obviously the first interviewee must’ve talking about a grendel.

Ghost

Postby ex-LT on Thu Mar 29, 2018 6:48 am

Ghost wrote:Obviously the first interviewee must’ve talking about a grendel.

I made it through less than five minutes. Even at that, I could feel my blood pressure rising, and my IQ dropping.
DNR Certified Firearms Safety Instructor
NRA Certified Range Safety Officer
NRA Certified Instructor - Pistol, Rifle, and Shotgun
NRA Endowment Life Member
MN Gun Owners Caucus Life Member
Member Post 435 Gun Club
ex-LT
Inspector Gadget

PreviousNext

Return to General Gun Chat