I'm discouraged...

Gun related chat that doesn't fit in another forum

Re: I'm discouraged...

Postby Holland&Holland on Wed Feb 21, 2018 9:52 pm

INOR wrote:Dana Loesch has a big set of balls too.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

She is well spoken, on point, and able to keep bringing it back to the core issues. Doing much better than anyone else on that stage.
Holland&Holland

Postby Holland&Holland on Wed Feb 21, 2018 9:54 pm

Ok, that was hilarious, they just played a Bass Proshops commercial. They know who is watching this ;)
Holland&Holland

Postby Ghost on Wed Feb 21, 2018 9:57 pm

She did well against a stacked deck. The Sheriff should be looking for another line of work. I missed the first hour or so, I’ll have to watch the rest tomorrow.
Ghost

Postby Holland&Holland on Wed Feb 21, 2018 10:02 pm

Ghost wrote:

She did well against a stacked deck. The Sheriff should be looking for another line of work. I missed the first hour or so, I’ll have to watch the rest tomorrow.

You did not miss much, here I will summarize.

Guns bad, need to all be banned and confiscated, yea!
Holland&Holland

Postby Ghost on Wed Feb 21, 2018 10:08 pm

Holland&Holland wrote:
Ghost wrote:

You did not miss much, here I will summarize.

Guns bad, need to all be banned and confiscated, yea!

Started when Rubio made an ass of himself
Ghost

Postby Ghost on Wed Feb 21, 2018 10:35 pm

$600 life memberships for the NRA for those who are still riding in the wagon
http://www.gunsholstersandgear.com/2017/01/02/nra-life-memberships-600-limited-time/
Ghost

I'm discouraged...

Postby INOR on Thu Feb 22, 2018 7:19 am

People can say what they want about Rubio but he did at least show up. Took balls to show up there and put himself in that untenable position. Outcome would have been worse had he declined. Gov Scott should have been there. I don’t think that trump should have been there as I don’t think that the secret service could put him in such a hostile situation without it being way more locked down. But Scott should have shown up.

INOR

Postby Rip Van Winkle on Thu Feb 22, 2018 7:41 am

I'm sorry, it doesn't take any courage to cave on your principals in front of a liberal rent-a-mob.

All Little Marko did was reenforce why he got trounced in the Presidential primary by a bombastic real estate mogul.
I will never apologize for being an American.
Post 435 Gun Club
North Star Rifle Club
cmpofficer@post435gunclub.org
48 down, Still in the hunt for a heavy!
President's Hundred (#48 2018)
Certified NRA RSO
Rip Van Winkle

Location: Unfashionable end of the western spiral arm, Galaxy Milky Way

Postby INOR on Thu Feb 22, 2018 8:33 am

Did he really cave on his principles? He didn't commit to anything. He said he was "open to discussions," but in the end, he still has to vote and it's his final vote that really determines where he stands. He said he is in favor of raising purchase age to 21 (Trump is in agreement with that). He said he favors improving NCIS (Trump also in support of this). He said he thinks states need to be required to share more info with feds (for NCIS to work, that sort of has to happen). He said that we need to have uncomfortable discussions about the type of information that is shared (ie - loosening HIPPA laws so that docs and other med practitioners are able to share mental health and other information with NCIS). He said he is open to "discussions" about magazine capacity, but we'll see if he's that serious on that. He tried to hold ground against AWB and tried to articulate the fact that there's no difference between what people think of as "assault weapons" and other semi-automatic rifles. That didn't go over well, of course, because the mob was seemingly on board with getting rid of all semi-autos including hunting rifles and handguns. He tried to back the dem Representative (Deutsch?) and Sen Bill Nelson into a corner on whether they were advocating getting rid of all semi-auto including hunting rifles and handguns. I don't think that he did all that bad really given the hostile environment. Again, what will matter is how he votes and how he leads on the issues.
Last edited by INOR on Thu Feb 22, 2018 8:52 am, edited 1 time in total.
INOR

Postby MJY65 on Thu Feb 22, 2018 8:45 am

INOR wrote:He said that we need to have uncomfortable discussions about the type of information that is shared (ie - loosening HIPPA laws so that docs and other med practitioners are able to share mental health and other information with NCIS).

Guys, we need to be careful with this one. That note in your chart where you told your physician that you were having some stress at work may come back to haunt you. It may start out with real, genuine dangerous mental illness, but could easily morph into someone taking Xanax for a few weeks being declared ineligible.
MJY65

Postby Holland&Holland on Thu Feb 22, 2018 8:48 am

MJY65 wrote:
INOR wrote:He said that we need to have uncomfortable discussions about the type of information that is shared (ie - loosening HIPPA laws so that docs and other med practitioners are able to share mental health and other information with NCIS).

Guys, we need to be careful with this one. That note in your chart where you told your physician that you were having some stress at work may come back to haunt you. It may start out with real, genuine dangerous mental illness, but could easily morph into someone taking Xanax for a few weeks being declared ineligible.

If the Browward County Sherriff has anything to say about it he will lock you up for 90 days without a hearing and take your guns.
Holland&Holland

Postby Ghost on Thu Feb 22, 2018 8:49 am

Watching the segments I missed this morning. I find it amazing that the culinary teacher Trump supporting Republican sheltered 65 kids in her room and didn’t come to the conclusion in her mind that if the shooter comes in my door, there’s nothing she can do.
Ghost

Postby INOR on Thu Feb 22, 2018 8:50 am

MJY65 wrote:

I completely agree! But, we can't sit and counter the antis arguments with "it's all about mental health and not about guns" and then stand firmly in the way of any improvements to mental health reporting. So, to be honest, I think we'll be in a better position to LEAD the way than to just stand in the way. Because eventually the dems and the antis will get the power back and they'll ramrod through the stuff that is really hurtful to gun rights.
INOR

Postby Holland&Holland on Thu Feb 22, 2018 8:51 am

INOR wrote:People can say what they want about Rubio but he did at least show up. Took balls to show up there and put himself in that untenable position. Outcome would have been worse had he declined. Gov Scott should have been there. I don’t think that trump should have been there as I don’t think that the secret service could put him in such a hostile situation without it being way more locked down. But Scott should have shown up.

Why? It was a stacked deck. A bunch of folk grieving and raging where no one with an opposing view could get any kind of fair treatment. I think Rubio should have stayed home. Did nothing, except give the shooter's legal team precedent to not have their client charged as an adult since everyone now agrees you are still a child until 21....
Holland&Holland

Postby Ghost on Thu Feb 22, 2018 8:54 am

Holland&Holland wrote:
INOR wrote:People can say what they want about Rubio but he did at least show up. Took balls to show up there and put himself in that untenable position. Outcome would have been worse had he declined. Gov Scott should have been there. I don’t think that trump should have been there as I don’t think that the secret service could put him in such a hostile situation without it being way more locked down. But Scott should have shown up.

Why? It was a stacked deck. A bunch of folk grieving and raging where no one with an opposing view could get any kind of fair treatment. I think Rubio should have stayed home. Did nothing, except give the shooter's legal team precedent to not have their client charged as an adult since everyone now agrees you are still a child until 21....

It’s ridiculous to say that an 18 year old can vote on who leads our country but isn’t qualified to buy a rifle.
Last edited by Ghost on Thu Feb 22, 2018 9:01 am, edited 1 time in total.
Ghost

PreviousNext

Return to General Gun Chat