long range gun range in mn???

Gun related chat that doesn't fit in another forum

long range gun range in mn???

Postby NinjaMonkey on Wed Feb 21, 2018 1:03 am

hello i was wondering if any body know a good place to shoot long range.
i need to sight in my rifle but all the range here in the twin city is not long enough. Indoor or out door doesn't matter. I been to bills in Robindale. Burnsville pistol range, Ahlmans gun range. Not interested in the shooting range near Channhassen call stock and barrel ( too expensive for me).

i have a savage 10 fcp sr 308 win with nikon 308 3.5-12x50.
NinjaMonkey

Re: long range gun range in mn???

Postby minnesotatv on Wed Feb 21, 2018 5:52 am

Rush Lake Range.
Search here, and Facebook
minnesotatv

Postby grimbeaver on Wed Feb 21, 2018 6:30 am

For public shooting without having to join a club your best bet is probably Del-Tone/Luth outside of St. Cloud. Not too far from the metro and they have 50/100/200 yd ranges. However they have very limited hours this time of year and are basically only open when the weather is favorable. Check their website for details. http://del-tone-luth.com/
grimbeaver

Postby Bearcatrp on Wed Feb 21, 2018 7:28 am

GRRC up by Harris has a 1000 yard range but you need to be a member or go as a guest with a member. Was invited last year to shoot there as a guest. Sweet range. Rush lake is a public range up by New York mills. Been wanting to drive up there. I talked to one of the owners about their set up. If you go, call ahead because if they have a match going on, no shooting the 1200 yard area. They have metal targets already setup from what I was told.
Bearcatrp

Postby VMAX97 on Wed Feb 21, 2018 10:02 am

Faribault has a 600 yard range but again you have to be a member or a guest of a member. I am also a .308 shooter and a beginner FT/R shooter, when the weather warms up, I would be glad to bring you down there.

http://www.frpcmn.com/range/index.php
VMAX97

Postby OldmanFCSA on Wed Feb 21, 2018 1:18 pm

Looking for a longer range - anyone know a safe area with at least 4000 yard capability ????
OldmanFCSA

Postby Ghost on Wed Feb 21, 2018 1:40 pm

OldmanFCSA wrote:Looking for a longer range - anyone know a safe area with at least 4000 yard capability ????

Get in touch with these guys they do
https://www.gunsamerica.com/blog/americans-set-new-long-range-world-record-5000-yards-2-84-miles/
Ghost

Postby Erud on Wed Feb 21, 2018 2:51 pm

OldmanFCSA wrote:Looking for a longer range - anyone know a safe area with at least 4000 yard capability ????

Why, do you shoot a 50 BMG or something? :roll:
Erud

Postby wasfuzz on Wed Feb 21, 2018 5:10 pm

Erud wrote:

Why yes he does and competes regularly as does Bigdog! :D
ONE* Training LLC - Mapleton, MN
Offering Training in;
NRA Basic Pistol
MN DPS/ BCA Approved Conceal Carry
WI,IA Conceal Carry
NRA LE Firearms Instructor & LEO HR 218 Training
MN DNR Hunter Safety
ASP Expandable Baton
wasfuzz

Postby Erud on Wed Feb 21, 2018 5:25 pm

wasfuzz wrote:
Erud wrote:

Why yes he does and competes regularly as does Bigdog! :D

No way, I don’t think I’ve heard that before! :shock:
Erud

Postby Ghost on Wed Feb 21, 2018 5:26 pm

What’s a 50 BMG? That like a sawed off joe Biden double barrel?
Ghost

Postby unfitmother on Wed Feb 21, 2018 6:02 pm

grimbeaver wrote:For public shooting without having to join a club your best bet is probably Del-Tone/Luth outside of St. Cloud. Not too far from the metro and they have 50/100/200 yd ranges. However they have very limited hours this time of year and are basically only open when the weather is favorable. Check their website for details. http://del-tone-luth.com/

Never been to Del-Tone, but I was a member at Caribou Gun Club for over a year, run by a family of good people. They are open to the public: $20 (plus $5 for every gun after the 1st) and their range goes out to 500 yrds. They ask that you call the day before to reserve the rifle range.

Maybe you can't talk about it, but what about that National Guard range in MN where FCSA has done events?
Semper Gumby
unfitmother

Postby Bearcatrp on Wed Feb 21, 2018 9:06 pm

Am a member of del-tone in st cloud. Max range of 200 yards. The 200 yard range has you shooting through a metal tube. It sucks. But it works. Been hammering on them to build at least a 300 yard range or more but no go. they are still gun shy from the last almost shut down. Works for sighting in at 100 yards. You will want to wear double hearing protect for the 200 yard range. That tube really echos.
Bearcatrp

Postby OldmanFCSA on Thu Feb 22, 2018 12:04 am

unfitmother wrote:
grimbeaver wrote:

Maybe you can't talk about it, but what about that National Guard range in MN where FCSA has done events?

Never was a FCSA event at MN National Guard range - after working thru 17 pages of requirements - things stopped for stupid reasons.

Example of one - you must shoot while wear a complete "chemical warfare" suit over all required military clothing and gear.
And the hoops got bigger and changed everyday.

I gave up. A perfect range unavailable for use by the people who paid for it.
OldmanFCSA

Return to General Gun Chat