Please contact the President and tell him NO on gun control

Gun related chat that doesn't fit in another forum

Re: Please contact the President and tell him NO on gun control

Postby xd ED on Fri Mar 02, 2018 12:00 am

fingers wrote:
xd ED wrote:
fingers wrote:
Well, I wasn't certain that he was trying to force me into a false dichotomy, but I did assume it. I certainly can't predict the future with certainty. I have to admit I didn't pay attention to Clinton's stated stance on gun rights, if it was ever published. But with everything thusfar and now this, can things possibly be worse? What is it you like about this guy, just curious.

You participate on a forum of firearms enthusiasts and you didn't know the candidates in most recent presidential election, or their respective stances on gun rights, and the second amendment? Is that what I'm being asked to believe?

I'm not sure how I (or Clinton) ever becomes the topic of conversation when a person criticizes Trump. Its magic how people do that. I didn't even see it happening and I'm still not sure how it happened. But anyway, if you must, you can believe I could care less about Trump's views concerning anything, nor could I care less about Clinton's views concerning anything. Now that we have those issues out of the way - lets talk Trump. What do you like about him? I'll take any answer. Even if you like something about him that I don't like, I will accept it. Just as long as you can come up with anything at all that I can somewhat wrap my head around. You do realize we are talking about Donald Trump, right??

I think this became about you, and hillary not because you criticized Trump, but rather due to your stated (and I assume feigned) ignorance.
Trump wasn't my 1st, or even third choice, but I voted for him.
I think more of him, generally, now than before he was elected, because as others have said, he's not a pc politician who stays within the lines.
Why would you want to "talk Trump", as you write: "...I could care less about Trump's views concerning anything...".
In fact, given your similar sentiment about Clinton, why engage in political discussion at all?
LET'S GO BRANDON
xd ED

Postby fingers on Fri Mar 02, 2018 12:00 am

And even if you come up with something, ask yourself, is Trump the best way to get from point A to point B? All those candidates, like 13, and this is the one who gets picked? Even if, for example, you strongly desire a big border wall from California to Texas, Trumps the man to get it done? Its like, imagine if we wanted to go to Valley Fair but our car was leaking exhaust into the cabin. A worthy goal but the worst way to go about it. He has no respect for anyone, scams people out of money, that press conference where he had a pile of steaks. He isn't the person to choose to get anything done, worthy or not. You could have picked Bush or Rubio and I wouldn't be crying hysterically.
fingers

Postby linksep on Fri Mar 02, 2018 12:02 am

Contacted.
Science: noun, Whatever answer will help to advance communism.
linksep

Postby fingers on Fri Mar 02, 2018 12:08 am

xd ED wrote:I think this became about you, and hillary not because you criticized Trump, but rather due to your stated (and I assume feigned) ignorance.
Trump wasn't my 1st, or even third choice, but I voted for him.
I think more of him, generally, now than before he was elected, because as others have said, he's not a pc politician who stays within the lines.
Why would you want to "talk Trump", as you write: "...I could care less about Trump's views concerning anything...".
In fact, given your similar sentiment about Clinton, why engage in political discussion at all?

He's getting PC when it comes to gun grabbing. Shamelessly grilling lawmakers regarding their lack of progress to enact gun legislation, while the cameras are rolling. Yet you still think more of him. This makes me really sad. How can this be? I still don't know what you like about him. Yes, he is atypical, but so is the guy peeing on the sidewalk at 2:15 after being kicked out of the bar. You'll need to give me more than that.

Do you know what I am talking about, its this: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-1lxh93sgM8
fingers

Postby Ghost on Fri Mar 02, 2018 6:02 am

This thread hurts my brain.
Ghost

Postby Ghost on Fri Mar 02, 2018 6:05 am

Just a little help

https://www.hillaryclinton.com/issues/gun-violence-prevention/

As president, Hillary will:

Expand background checks to more gun sales—including by closing the gun show and internet sales loopholes—and strengthen the background check system by getting rid of the so-called “Charleston Loophole.”

Take on the gun lobby by removing the industry’s sweeping legal protection for illegal and irresponsible actions (which makes it almost impossible for people to hold them accountable), and revoking licenses from dealers who break the law.

Keep guns out of the hands of domestic abusers, other violent criminals, and the severely mentally ill by supporting laws that stop domestic abusers from buying and owning guns, making it a federal crime for someone to intentionally buy a gun for a person prohibited from owning one, and closing the loopholes that allow people suffering from severe mental illness to purchase and own guns. She will also support work to keep military-style weapons off our streets.

As senator, she co-sponsored and voted for legislation that would close the gun show loophole, voted against the dangerous immunity protections for gun dealers and manufacturers, and co-sponsored legislation to extend and reinstate the assault weapons ban.
Ghost

Postby Randygmn on Fri Mar 02, 2018 7:09 am

Hillary also said she would consider Australian style “buybacks” (CONFISCATION FOR COMPRNSATION).

Anyway- as others have said- Trump wasn’t my first choice, but he’s proven excellent so far on EVERYTHING he’s done/signed, including Gorsuch on the Supreme Court and dozens of like minded federal judges. We also got significantly consequential tax cuts. Those 3 areas are on the opposite spectrum of what we would’ve gotten with any other Liberal Terrorist™️ and specifically that vile, fetid traitor, Hillary.

I truly believe Trump is trolling the leftists on guns. He has since walked back his comments and he met last night with the NRA. Their official statement said something tonthe effect of that Trump doesn’t want gun control. But since I’m a single issue voter, I felt it prudent to tell him directly and have my voice heard.
Randygmn

Postby INOR on Fri Mar 02, 2018 7:13 am

Fingers...head over to the Donald trump thread in the off topic politics board. There you’ll find both cheerleading and criticism.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
INOR

Postby INOR on Fri Mar 02, 2018 7:17 am

Ghost....isn’t that pretty much what trump was proposing the other day? Did he copy his playbook from Clinton?

INOR

Postby Ghost on Fri Mar 02, 2018 7:26 am

INOR wrote:Ghost....isn’t that pretty much what trump was proposing the other day? Did he copy his playbook from Clinton?

At this point I don’t know what he’s proposing on the gun front. He’s seemingly upheld every campaign promise so far and he promised to protect the second. It makes no sense for him to concede anything on the gun front without getting something in return, he’s too smart for that. He will not be re-elected if he is against guns.
Ghost

Postby LarryFlew on Fri Mar 02, 2018 3:49 pm

For a bit I thought the unicorn was back.
If you're having second thoughts you're two ahead of most Democrats
LarryFlew

Location: Hamburg, MN - CZ fan - Class of 66 - USAF 66-70 - NRA life since 1970

Postby xd ED on Fri Mar 02, 2018 4:01 pm

LarryFlew wrote:For a bit I thought the unicorn was back.

Yeah, I was having pink flashbacks myself.
LET'S GO BRANDON
xd ED

Postby Amazi on Fri Mar 02, 2018 4:37 pm

If a Republican went on a liberal forum and did something like this they would be banned in a matter of minutes.
Amazi

Postby Ghost on Fri Mar 02, 2018 4:40 pm

Amazi wrote:If a Republican went on a liberal forum and did something like this they would be banned in a matter of minutes.

But will he/she return?
Ghost

Postby ttousi on Fri Mar 02, 2018 7:45 pm

:busy:
MN Permit Instructor
http://www.tomtgun.com
NRA Training Counselor/Instructor (Pistol, Rifle, Shotgun, Personal Protection)
DNR FAS Instructor

"I am not going to be intimidated by some punk with a moderator button."-darkwolf45
ttousi

Previous

Return to General Gun Chat