Please contact the President and tell him NO on gun control

Gun related chat that doesn't fit in another forum

Re: Please contact the President and tell him NO on gun control

Postby Ghost on Thu Mar 01, 2018 10:16 pm

fingers wrote:We are getting what we deserve for electing a clown. We deserve the consequences of whatever we've unleashed on ourselves. People like Trump who show such remarkable disdain for people certainly don't want people to be armed. If Trump makes us suffer a little bit, it will be good for us. Perhaps we'll be dissuaded from continuing the trend and electing someone from the Jackass crew the next time we have an election.
I signed up here awhile ago but when everyone started getting excited that Trump was going to visit MN, I realized I wasn't really among people like myself and haven't visited here much since. Today I saw a video where he asks lawmakers to enact gun control legislation and accuses them of being afraid of the NRA, laughing at them. I remembered this website and came back to see if some of you were starting to realize the obvious fact that this guy is a clown. I'm impressed - instead of realizing the obvious, we're here doubling-down on Carrottop's grandpa.

Ghost

Postby fingers on Thu Mar 01, 2018 10:21 pm

xd ED wrote:
fingers wrote:We are getting what we deserve for electing a clown. We deserve the consequences of whatever we've unleashed on ourselves. People like Trump who show such remarkable disdain for people certainly don't want people to be armed. If Trump makes us suffer a little bit, it will be good for us. Perhaps we'll be dissuaded from continuing the trend and electing someone from the Jackass crew the next time we have an election.
I signed up here awhile ago but when everyone started getting excited that Trump was going to visit MN, I realized I wasn't really among people like myself and haven't visited here much since. Today I saw a video where he asks lawmakers to enact gun control legislation and accuses them of being afraid of the NRA, laughing at them. I remembered this website and came back to see if some of you were starting to realize the obvious fact that this guy is a clown. I'm impressed - instead of realizing the obvious, we're here doubling-down on Carrottop's grandpa.

So, would voting the alternative made for more security of our rights?

1) I don't know exactly what you mean by alternative; 2) even if I did know what you meant, I really can't predict the future outcome of an alternative past that never occurred; 3) this guy isn't after just our 2nd amendment rights, as he just revealed, he is after everything we hold dear.
fingers

Postby Holland&Holland on Thu Mar 01, 2018 10:24 pm

fingers wrote:
xd ED wrote:

So, would voting the alternative made for more security of our rights?

1) I don't know exactly what you mean by alternative; 2) even if I did know what you meant, I really can't predict the future outcome of an alternative past that never occurred; 3) this guy isn't after just our 2nd amendment rights, as he just revealed, he is after everything we hold dear.

So where you under a rock? Hillary is what was meant. Do you think she would have protected your gun rights?
Holland&Holland

Postby fingers on Thu Mar 01, 2018 10:30 pm

Ghost wrote:

You'll have to clarify if you are supporting my post or opposing it. On one hand, you might be implying that I am getting hysterical. On the other hand, you might be showing us that he really does look exactly like a clown.
fingers

Postby fingers on Thu Mar 01, 2018 10:35 pm

So where you under a rock? Hillary is what was meant. Do you think she would have protected your gun rights?

Well, I wasn't certain that he was trying to force me into a false dichotomy, but I did assume it. I certainly can't predict the future with certainty. I have to admit I didn't pay attention to Clinton's stated stance on gun rights, if it was ever published. But with everything thusfar and now this, can things possibly be worse? What is it you like about this guy, just curious.
fingers

Postby Holland&Holland on Thu Mar 01, 2018 10:38 pm

fingers wrote:

Well, I wasn't certain that he was trying to force me into a false dichotomy, but I did assume it. I certainly can't predict the future with certainty. I have to admit I didn't pay attention to Clinton's stated stance on gun rights, if it was ever published. But with everything thusfar and now this, can things possibly be worse? What is it you like about this guy, just curious.

Seriously, you don't know her stance on guns? Do you remember the CLINTON ERA ASSAULT WEAPONS BAN????

And you do seem to be predicting the future because you are assuming that the statements he makes now will become law tomorrow.
Last edited by Holland&Holland on Thu Mar 01, 2018 10:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Holland&Holland

Postby yukonjasper on Thu Mar 01, 2018 10:45 pm

You are entitled to your opinion but the results speak for themselves. Trump bashing is pretty easy but not an objective exercise. If you have an axe to grind I guess you are free to do so,but at least be honest enough to look at the body of work before taking cheap shots and stoop to name calling.

The Left just can't seem to get over the fact that the wife of Monica's boyfriend didn't win the election. They are so disturbed that they will continue to do all they can to discredit the election.

Trump is not a politician. He isn't going to behave like one.

BTW did you contact the President and voice your concerns?
Deo Adjuvante Non Timendum - (with the help of God there is nothing to be afraid of)
Spectamur Agendo - (We are proven by our actions)
Non Ducor, Duco - (I am not led, I lead)
NRA Life Member
yukonjasper

Postby fingers on Thu Mar 01, 2018 10:56 pm

Holland&Holland wrote:
fingers wrote:

Seriously, you don't know her stance on guns? Do you remember the CLINTON ERA ASSAULT WEAPONS BAN????

And you do seem to be predicting the future because you are assuming that the statements he makes now will become law tomorrow.

I do remember that. However, I don't really consider that recent, nor do I consider a reliable indicator of her views. I was asking if she actually did talk about the issue in the past year. Not that her views would matter to me anyway. I'm only saying that I usually notice when politicians mention something about gun rights and I can't say there was any blip on my radar concerning anything she said during the campaign.
fingers

Postby fingers on Thu Mar 01, 2018 11:03 pm

yukonjasper wrote:You are entitled to your opinion but the results speak for themselves. Trump bashing is pretty easy but not an objective exercise. If you have an axe to grind I guess you are free to do so,but at least be honest enough to look at the body of work before taking cheap shots and stoop to name calling.

The Left just can't seem to get over the fact that the wife of Monica's boyfriend didn't win the election. They are so disturbed that they will continue to do all they can to discredit the election.

Trump is not a politician. He isn't going to behave like one.

BTW did you contact the President and voice your concerns?

Hi Jasper, how are you. Please don't take anything I am saying as a personal attack, against you or anyone here. I doubt you remember me, but you assisted me once and I am still grateful. I'm not sure what you mean by "look at the body of work", I could respond better if I knew what you meant. Do you mean Trump's body of work? I know he is a real estate professional and also did some TV, I don't know what you mean for certain though. Maybe you are talking about Clinton? I am not sure how that'd be relevant to anything about Trump's recent comments.

You think I am disturbed? You are right. How does everyone accept this "new normal". Its quite disturbing. Its something new everyday with this guy and today it was gun rights.

No I did not voice my concerns. As my first post indicates, I take responsibility for this s**t show and accept whatever consequences he has in store for us.
fingers

Postby Holland&Holland on Thu Mar 01, 2018 11:04 pm

I think it is pretty evident where she stands on guns but if you really want to know, just look up some of her comments after Sandy hook
Holland&Holland

Postby fingers on Thu Mar 01, 2018 11:12 pm

Holland&Holland wrote:I think it is pretty evident where she stands on guns but if you really want to know, just look up some of her comments after Sandy hook

So you are saying we were forced to choose between the lesser of two evils? Thats encouraging because I thought everyone across the board here supported Trump.
I did a cursory search, did not find any specific comments other than that she and Sanders were bitching at one another over Sandy Hook.
fingers

Postby Holland&Holland on Thu Mar 01, 2018 11:22 pm

fingers wrote:
Holland&Holland wrote:I think it is pretty evident where she stands on guns but if you really want to know, just look up some of her comments after Sandy hook

So you are saying we were forced to choose between the lesser of two evils? Thats encouraging because I thought everyone across the board here supported Trump.
I did a cursory search, did not find any specific comments other than that she and Sanders were bitching at one another over Sandy Hook.

Your search skills on both fronts are lacking.

And I never said he was the lesser of 2 weevils. Just because one supports him does not mean they agree with every issue.
Holland&Holland

Postby xd ED on Thu Mar 01, 2018 11:27 pm

fingers wrote:

You participate on a forum of firearms enthusiasts and you didn't know the candidates in most recent presidential election, or their respective stances on gun rights, and the second amendment? Is that what I'm being asked to believe?
LET'S GO BRANDON
xd ED

Postby fingers on Thu Mar 01, 2018 11:34 pm

Holland&Holland wrote:
fingers wrote:

Your search skills on both fronts are lacking.

And I never said he was the lesser of 2 weevils. Just because one supports him does not mean they agree with every issue.

Ok, well what is it you like about him then? just curious.
fingers

Postby fingers on Thu Mar 01, 2018 11:39 pm

xd ED wrote:
fingers wrote:

You participate on a forum of firearms enthusiasts and you didn't know the candidates in most recent presidential election, or their respective stances on gun rights, and the second amendment? Is that what I'm being asked to believe?

I'm not sure how I (or Clinton) ever becomes the topic of conversation when a person criticizes Trump. Its magic how people do that. I didn't even see it happening and I'm still not sure how it happened. But anyway, if you must, you can believe I could care less about Trump's views concerning anything, nor could I care less about Clinton's views concerning anything. Now that we have those issues out of the way - lets talk Trump. What do you like about him? I'll take any answer. Even if you like something about him that I don't like, I will accept it. Just as long as you can come up with anything at all that I can somewhat wrap my head around. You do realize we are talking about Donald Trump, right??
fingers

PreviousNext

Return to General Gun Chat