Disturbing DL renewal form

Gun related chat that doesn't fit in another forum

Re: Disturbing DL renewal form

Postby Randygmn on Sun Mar 18, 2018 8:32 am

I just completed a “snowbird” DL renewal as I’ve been in NYC longer than I’d like without getting back to MPLS. Didn’t notice the presence of “firearm” on that portion, but it’s for internal use only, so not a question to be answered by the person renewing, fwiw. And yeah, it’s a little disturbing for whatever reason that it’s on there. Wonder if it’s an internal cross reference for PTC holders?
Randygmn

Postby Ghost on Sun Mar 18, 2018 8:37 am

In this thread I have found out I need a snowmobile safety class. Oops.
Ghost

Postby Uffdaphil on Sun Mar 18, 2018 10:21 am

So it’s another easy to compile list of probable gun owners along with the PTC and NFA folks come the day. But then tracking down gun forum members should be relatively easy too, so why sweat it? I expect the NSA already has the IDs of every NRA member and raid priority contingencies being continually updated.
NRA Endowment Member
Gun Owners Caucus Life Member
Viet Nam Veteran
High Information Voter
Uffdaphil

Postby Uffdaphil on Sun Mar 18, 2018 10:44 am

And imagine the glee with which the enhanced interrogation department compiles the list of gun forum members who have ever used the term”boating accident” online. Big job security right there.

Uh oh, now I am one.
NRA Endowment Member
Gun Owners Caucus Life Member
Viet Nam Veteran
High Information Voter
Uffdaphil

Postby MJY65 on Sun Mar 18, 2018 4:02 pm

2in2out wrote:Both my snowmobile and firearm safety courses were printed on paper and there's no online record of them, that I know of - that's how old they are. Still have them, too.

I think there is. I got my orange hunter safety card in 1976. I was never asked about it when applying for DLs, but it showed up on there sometime around 15 years ago. If "the man" is using the database of 12 year olds from 40 years ago as their door kicking list, we're in deep crap. PTC, hunting licenses, 4473s, etc. Any would be more relevant than hunter safety cards issued to kids.
MJY65

Postby Holland&Holland on Sun Mar 18, 2018 7:04 pm

Uffdaphil wrote:So it’s another easy to compile list of probable gun owners along with the PTC and NFA folks come the day. But then tracking down gun forum members should be relatively easy too, so why sweat it? I expect the NSA already has the IDs of every NRA member and raid priority contingencies being continually updated.

I think you give them way to much credit.
Holland&Holland

Postby Ghost on Sun Mar 18, 2018 7:21 pm

Holland&Holland wrote:
Uffdaphil wrote:So it’s another easy to compile list of probable gun owners along with the PTC and NFA folks come the day. But then tracking down gun forum members should be relatively easy too, so why sweat it? I expect the NSA already has the IDs of every NRA member and raid priority contingencies being continually updated.

I think you give them way to much credit.

I think CW2 would break out pretty quick if they started raiding NRA members. Isn't going to happen.
Ghost

Postby crbutler on Mon Mar 19, 2018 12:52 pm

Personally having it on my DL has saved me a lot of time and effort when hunting in other states or countries. My original class was back pre computer and I couldn’t find my card, so I retook the thing.

Frankly, I’m on so many lists I will probably disappear day one if we ever start going down that road...
crbutler

Previous

Return to General Gun Chat