Bump fire stocks

Gun related chat that doesn't fit in another forum

Bump fire stocks

Postby BuckKlier on Fri May 18, 2018 10:50 pm

What has happened, did the ban on these get passed? Or can you still buy and leagly own one?
BuckKlier

Re: Bump fire stocks

Postby Holland&Holland on Fri May 18, 2018 11:07 pm

BuckKlier wrote:What has happened, did the ban on these get passed? Or can you still buy and leagly own one?

Not yet but at is working on reclassification to make it a machine gun per trump. Slide fire is effectively out of business so get them while you can.
Holland&Holland

Postby BigDog58 on Sat May 19, 2018 3:04 am

STORE NOTICE
ALL SALES FINAL – On Sunday, May 20, 2018 at midnight CDT, Slide Fire will cease taking orders for its products and shut down its website. Orders placed prior to May 20th, 2018 will all be processed and shipped. We thank you for your support.

https://slidefire.com/
NRA RSO
"Never anger a man that can end you, from another zip code

If necessary to fight, I will Fight like I'm the 3rd Monkey on the ramp to Noah's Arc, and brother, it's starting to rain.
BigDog58

Postby Ghost on Sat May 19, 2018 5:27 am

BigDog58 wrote:
STORE NOTICE
ALL SALES FINAL – On Sunday, May 20, 2018 at midnight CDT, Slide Fire will cease taking orders for its products and shut down its website. Orders placed prior to May 20th, 2018 will all be processed and shipped. We thank you for your support.

https://slidefire.com/

So sad. They do deliver fairly quickly though.
Ghost

Postby Bearcatrp on Sat May 19, 2018 6:27 am

I removed mine from my 15-22 just in case the law changes. My brother removed his from his AR15 5.56 too. Debating on selling or just hold on until they decide to change the law. Something tells me that changing the law on these may be more difficult than they thought.
Bearcatrp

Postby Ghost on Sat May 19, 2018 7:01 am

Bearcatrp wrote:I removed mine from my 15-22 just in case the law changes. My brother removed his from his AR15 5.56 too. Debating on selling or just hold on until they decide to change the law. Something tells me that changing the law on these may be more difficult than they thought.

Why remove them? What does that change?
Ghost

Postby Erud on Sat May 19, 2018 9:20 am

Bearcatrp wrote:I removed mine from my 15-22 just in case the law changes. My brother removed his from his AR15 5.56 too. Debating on selling or just hold on until they decide to change the law. Something tells me that changing the law on these may be more difficult than they thought.

Pre-emptive compliance with a potential law change? The folks in power must love that, all they need to do is threaten changes and people start to fall right in line without it even happening.
Erud

Postby Randygmn on Sat May 19, 2018 6:56 pm

Unfortunately, if they are reclassified as “machine guns”, on the federal level, they will be worthless. There is no way to legally grandfather without literally an act of Congress (never gonna happen). The Gun Control Act of 1986 says that no “machine gun” manufactured afterwards can be legally transferred to a civilian. That would mean that everyone that owns one would mean they’re in possession of an illegal machine gun, which is a felony punishable by 10 years in prison. I believe that even offering a “buyback“ or any other kind of reimbursement would also require an act of Congress. Congress could open up the registry, have the owners serialize pre-existing bump stocks, and offer them amnesty. It happened once before. But in this political climate, it’s impossible, IMO. If you can sell it, preferably to a Liberal, I would. Otherwise take it boating.
Randygmn

Postby Holland&Holland on Sat May 19, 2018 10:16 pm

Randygmn wrote:Unfortunately, if they are reclassified as “machine guns”, on the federal level, they will be worthless. There is no way to legally grandfather without literally an act of Congress (never gonna happen). The Gun Control Act of 1986 says that no “machine gun” manufactured afterwards can be legally transferred to a civilian. That would mean that everyone that owns one would mean they’re in possession of an illegal machine gun, which is a felony punishable by 10 years in prison. I believe that even offering a “buyback“ or any other kind of reimbursement would also require an act of Congress. Congress could open up the registry, have the owners serialize pre-existing bump stocks, and offer them amnesty. It happened once before. But in this political climate, it’s impossible, IMO. If you can sell it, preferably to a Liberal, I would. Otherwise take it boating.

Really, that is your assessment? So just accept the sentence, not oh I don't know, maybe fight it in court and shot that it is in fact NOT a machine gun and that by classifying it as such the ATF has stepped over their bounds but making law?
Holland&Holland

Postby Ghost on Sun May 20, 2018 6:37 am

We shall see but I think the fat lady is busy at the buffet and won’t be singing about bumpstocks for quite some time.
Ghost

Bump fire stocks

Postby INOR on Thu Nov 29, 2018 8:00 am

Read a couple articles this week that said Trump is announcing the finality of his bump stock ban sometime this week. Includes a provision for required destruction or turn in to authorities within 90 days apparently. Or presumably confiscation? Guess we’ll see when he announces it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
INOR

Postby Ghost on Thu Nov 29, 2018 8:02 am

INOR wrote:Read a couple articles this week that said Trump is announcing the finality of his bump stock ban sometime this week. Includes a provision for required destruction or turn in to authorities within 90 days apparently. Or presumably confiscation? Guess we’ll see when he announces it.

I assume there will be a court case to slow things down. Maybe a Hawaiian judge will get involved.
Ghost

Bump fire stocks

Postby INOR on Thu Nov 29, 2018 8:11 am

Here’s the most recent one I read.

http://amp.timeinc.net/fortune/2018/11/ ... nouncement

INOR

Postby Holland&Holland on Thu Nov 29, 2018 8:15 am

INOR wrote:Read a couple articles this week that said Trump is announcing the finality of his bump stock ban sometime this week. Includes a provision for required destruction or turn in to authorities within 90 days apparently. Or presumably confiscation? Guess we’ll see when he announces it.

That should be a fun lawsuit to watch. Federal confiscation of private property with no compensation?
Holland&Holland

Postby Bearcatrp on Thu Nov 29, 2018 5:26 pm

Glad I sold mine
Bearcatrp

Next

Return to General Gun Chat