Low stock at Frontiersman?

Gun related chat that doesn't fit in another forum

Postby silvor on Sun Aug 12, 2018 8:31 am

I haven't been shooting much or hitting the gun shops in the past year, just busy with other stuff I guess.

I've bought 100's of guns from Frontiersman, Gunstop and others over the years. So I stop in Frontiersman last week and it almost looks like they were going out of business. Their stock was half what it used to be. Reminded me of the few months after Sandy Hook. But they had signs up that said something like "Notice our shelves are bare? Sell us your guns..."

Is the gun market weak? Or so good no one is selling? Economy?
silvor

Postby gun_fan111v2 on Sun Aug 12, 2018 9:18 am

With prices down, I can only imagine what you get these days selling to a store...
gun_fan111v2

Re: Low stock at Frontiersman?

Postby Sorcerer on Sun Aug 12, 2018 5:12 pm

Every one is holding until after the November elections. Just Incase.
Sorcerer

Postby RAGGED on Sat Sep 01, 2018 10:06 pm

gun_fan111v2 wrote:With prices down, I can only imagine what you get these days selling to a store...

It’s pretty bad, I just had 20+ guns appraised for my uncles estate, my aunt (the executor) said family could buy them for whatever their buy price was, I bought as many as I could :)
RAGGED

Postby Drizzle on Mon Sep 03, 2018 8:55 am

Might just be Frontiersman; Gunstop has plenty of stock, as does Metro Gun & Pawn.

I haven't been in Frontiersman in a while; I got yelled at by a clerk for asking if they had a price marked for a half case of .223. Since getting upset with customers isn't something I want to support in a store, I haven't been back. Maybe the clerk was having a bad day, but that's no excuse to take it out on someone who might be a customer.
Drizzle

Postby RAGGED on Mon Sep 17, 2018 10:07 pm

I should add that I dealt with Jesse H for the appraisals and his service was exceptional in every area,much better than most of the grumpy old timers you run into around town.
RAGGED

Postby Holland&Holland on Tue Sep 18, 2018 6:54 am

RAGGED wrote:I should add that I dealt with Jesse H for the appraisals and his service was exceptional in every area,much better than most of the grumpy old timers you run into around town.

Part of the experience
Holland&Holland

Postby Drizzle on Fri Jan 03, 2020 8:35 pm

Went in there today; stock was mostly used shotguns. Few used .22s or ARs, unless they're in back. A few Maks and Toks, several .40s by major makers that are probably be police trade-ins. And one guy who must not have known any better buying some kind of brand new full side XD.

The clerk was going to show him how to field strip it, and said the free range trip would explain lots of things.

God help him.
Drizzle

Postby Holland&Holland on Sat Jan 04, 2020 12:00 am

Drizzle wrote:Went in there today; stock was mostly used shotguns. Few used .22s or ARs, unless they're in back. A few Maks and Toks, several .40s by major makers that are probably be police trade-ins. And one guy who must not have known any better buying some kind of brand new full side XD.

The clerk was going to show him how to field strip it, and said the free range trip would explain lots of things.

God help him.

What free range trip?
Holland&Holland

Postby Drizzle on Thu Jan 09, 2020 6:01 pm

Didn't stick around to find out. The derp was strong in there.
Drizzle

Return to General Gun Chat