Amslist WTH!

Gun related chat that doesn't fit in another forum

Amslist WTH!

Postby Ironbear on Thu Aug 23, 2018 10:33 am

What's up with Armslist? Most of the filter selections disappeared!That's a huge negative for usability. :(
"Justice and power must be brought together, so that whatever is just may be powerful, and whatever is powerful may be just.” ~Blaise Pascal~
Ironbear

Re: Amslist WTH!

Postby BigDog58 on Thu Aug 23, 2018 5:10 pm

I just looked and all of the filters I regularly use are still there. What filter seems to be missing?
NRA RSO
"Never anger a man that can end you, from another zip code

If necessary to fight, I will Fight like I'm the 3rd Monkey on the ramp to Noah's Arc, and brother, it's starting to rain.
BigDog58

Postby Ironbear on Thu Aug 23, 2018 7:28 pm

Well. In Chrome, Explorer, and Edge (with cookies cleared) and Android mobile all I see is "State" and "Category" for filters. No more "Manufacturer", "Caliber", "Type", "Action"... etc.

Basically all that I can filter for is... "is it a firearm and what state it is in?" :(
"Justice and power must be brought together, so that whatever is just may be powerful, and whatever is powerful may be just.” ~Blaise Pascal~
Ironbear

Amslist WTH!

Postby Prepared4Survival on Thu Aug 23, 2018 8:49 pm

I've still got everything. Maybe it's fixed?

Sent from my Moto G (5) Plus using Tapatalk
Prepared4Survival

Postby linksep on Thu Aug 23, 2018 8:54 pm

I get the same as Ironbear.
Science: noun, Whatever answer will help to advance communism.
linksep

Postby BigDog58 on Fri Aug 24, 2018 1:33 am

I'm using Chrome on my laptop and see all the filters as I usually saw.
NRA RSO

If necessary to fight, I will Fight like I'm the 3rd Monkey on the ramp to Noah's Arc, and brother, it's starting to rain.
BigDog58

Postby ex-LT on Fri Aug 24, 2018 7:38 am

linksep wrote:I get the same as Ironbear.

Ditto. Chrome and Firefox, on Windoze 10.
DNR Certified Firearms Safety Instructor
NRA Certified Range Safety Officer
NRA Certified Instructor - Pistol, Rifle, and Shotgun
NRA Endowment Life Member
MN Gun Owners Caucus Life Member
Member Post 435 Gun Club
ex-LT
Inspector Gadget

Postby jdege on Fri Aug 24, 2018 9:23 am

Ironbear wrote:What's up with Armslist? Most of the filter selections disappeared!That's a huge negative for usability. :(

I'm seeing no difference in behavior.

Armslists's filters perform as poorly as they always have.

(I don't think it's just me - I find Armslist to be very annoying in how long it takes to respond to a change in filter. And in that it takes that long after every change of filter. It takes me ten minutes to filter down to the selection I'm interested in, because I have to apply half-a-dozen filter settings and each needs a 30-second refresh.)
jdege

Postby Ironbear on Fri Aug 24, 2018 11:49 am

jdege wrote:(I don't think it's just me - I find Armslist to be very annoying in how long it takes to respond to a change in filter. And in that it takes that long after every change of filter. It takes me ten minutes to filter down to the selection I'm interested in, because I have to apply half-a-dozen filter settings and each needs a 30-second refresh.)

I wasn't that bad for me. The mobile site seemed to have a slower interface and the filter overlay (or whatever they call it) seemed to not be reliable in loading; but since I used the desktop version.. that seemed to be noticeably faster than 30 seconds. The main problem with the filter was that it would update and compress the menu with EVERY change, so you couldn't make several changes, then apply the filters.

...which is moot.. since the only choices left to me are:
Capture.PNG
Ironbear

Postby darthdahl on Sat Aug 25, 2018 6:18 pm

Try this (just filter the location to Minnesota):
http://www.armslist.com/classifieds/powersearch
NRA Certified Basic Pistol Instructor
NRA Certified Personal Protection In The Home Instructor
NRA Certified Range Safety Officer
All-Around Good Guy
darthdahl

Postby BigDog58 on Sun Aug 26, 2018 2:20 am

Well, I have to say I was wrong. I see the change in the search filter. I'm sorry for the incorrect information.

I need to search for more than just reloading stuff and 50 BMG components... :oops:
NRA RSO

BigDog58

Postby Ironbear on Mon Aug 27, 2018 4:02 pm

FYI

We appreciate your email. We're sure you've likely witnessed the site being down and unresponsive at peak hours recently. There is an issue with the filter logic, and our team is actively working on it to bring that feature back as soon as possible. For now, we have removed the filters so that the site is still operational. Our apologies for any inconvenience this may have caused. We appreciate your patience, and thank you for using Armslist!
Ironbear

Postby jdege on Mon Aug 27, 2018 6:59 pm

Ironbear wrote:FYI

We appreciate your email. We're sure you've likely witnessed the site being down and unresponsive at peak hours recently. There is an issue with the filter logic, and our team is actively working on it to bring that feature back as soon as possible. For now, we have removed the filters so that the site is still operational. Our apologies for any inconvenience this may have caused. We appreciate your patience, and thank you for using Armslist!

Their filter logic is just wrong, and the entire architecture of the site is antiquated and fragile.
jdege

Postby Amazi on Fri Sep 07, 2018 10:41 pm

Iv noticed this to makes it like gunbroker and craigslist to me now basically worthless, lots of rude people selling a lot of overpriced things.
I hope it makes a comeback to the old ways but how everyone is offended by guns its sad to see it go.
Amazi

Postby Holland&Holland on Sat Sep 08, 2018 7:36 am

Amazi wrote:Iv noticed this to makes it like gunbroker and craigslist to me now basically worthless, lots of rude people selling a lot of overpriced things.
I hope it makes a comeback to the old ways but how everyone is offended by guns its sad to see it go.

:shock:
Holland&Holland

Return to General Gun Chat