Where are State Fair Carry threads?

Gun related chat that doesn't fit in another forum

Re: Where are State Fair Carry threads?

Postby Grayskies on Sat Aug 25, 2018 5:19 pm

Ghost wrote:Half way through my bucket and 5th glass of milk.

So So jealous! Have a great time! :D

I sense DQ in my future!
NRA Life Member & Certified Range Safety Officer
Honorably Discharged U.S. Army Veteran
General Class Amateur Radio Operator and ARRL VE and SkyWarn
Amateur Radio Emergency Service® (ARES)

P2C since August 2003
Grayskies

Postby Ghost on Sat Aug 25, 2018 5:26 pm

Grayskies wrote:

I sense DQ in my future!

That’s a good DQ up there I’d recommend something with their peanut butter sauce, maybe have them mix that and chocolate on a banana split.
Ghost

Postby Grayskies on Sat Aug 25, 2018 5:40 pm

Ghost wrote:
Grayskies wrote:

I sense DQ in my future!

That’s a good DQ up there I’d recommend something with their peanut butter sauce, maybe have them mix that and chocolate on a banana split.

I can't do the peanut butter sauce, but the banana split sounds really good! 8-)

Your right they are a great DQ!
NRA Life Member & Certified Range Safety Officer
Honorably Discharged U.S. Army Veteran
General Class Amateur Radio Operator and ARRL VE and SkyWarn
Amateur Radio Emergency Service® (ARES)

P2C since August 2003
Grayskies

Postby Holland&Holland on Sat Aug 25, 2018 11:39 pm

Wednesday looks like good weather, planning a full day ending with a bucket and over to the milk.
Holland&Holland

Postby Ghost on Sun Aug 26, 2018 6:23 am

Holland&Holland wrote:

Wednesday looks like good weather, planning a full day ending with a bucket and over to the milk.

Probably a good idea, it was Wall to Wall people yesterday.
Ghost

Postby Lumpy on Sun Aug 26, 2018 5:36 pm

Broke; on a strict low-carb diet; suffering from chronic fatigue; no one to go with. I'm a washout for the Fair this year. :|

Summary of previous State Fair Carry threads: the Fair bans firearms, which is probably illegal since the Fair is in almost every other way considered a public government entity. But since the Fair has its own police who enforce what they damn well feel like, and no one wants to be a test case, and even a legal "win" there might be a "lose" if it provoked a backlash, it's not considered politic to force the issue, especially when concealed is concealed. At least when I was there two years ago they weren't wanding at the nw entrance.
Lumpy

Postby Ghost on Sun Aug 26, 2018 5:46 pm

Lumpy wrote:Broke; on a strict low-carb diet; suffering from chronic fatigue; no one to go with. I'm a washout for the Fair this year. :|

Summary of previous State Fair Carry threads: the Fair bans firearms, which is probably illegal since the Fair is in almost every other way considered a public government entity. But since the Fair has its own police who enforce what they damn well feel like, and no one wants to be a test case, and even a legal "win" there might be a "lose" if it provoked a backlash, it's not considered politic to force the issue, especially when concealed is concealed. At least when I was there two years ago they weren't wanding at the nw entrance.

I normally eat Keto but for things like this I eat whatever sounds good.
Ghost

Postby Holland&Holland on Sun Aug 26, 2018 6:41 pm

Ghost wrote:
Lumpy wrote:Broke; on a strict low-carb diet; suffering from chronic fatigue; no one to go with. I'm a washout for the Fair this year. :|

I normally eat Keto but for things like this I eat whatever sounds good.

Cheese curds and all you can eat sweet Marthas sounds like a good stair fair diet to me :D
Holland&Holland

Postby hard h2o on Sun Aug 26, 2018 8:17 pm

Went out there today.I thought they wanded last year. Nothing this year. Just a cursory bag check. Could have carried no problem.

My wife makes better cookies than Martha's. She did buy a cone of them while we were waiting for the kids to show up late in the day. Good fresh.

The Bomba sandwich at Mancini's is outstanding. The Wild Bills Breakfast Bake, French toast bites made with ciabatta, and blueberry basil lemonade are very good at the Blue Barn.
hard h2o

Postby Holland&Holland on Sun Aug 26, 2018 10:57 pm

hard h2o wrote:Went out there today.I thought they wanded last year. Nothing this year. Just a cursory bag check. Could have carried no problem.

My wife makes better cookies than Martha's. She did buy a cone of them while we were waiting for the kids to show up late in the day. Good fresh.

The Bomba sandwich at Mancini's is outstanding. The Wild Bills Breakfast Bake, French toast bites made with ciabatta, and blueberry basil lemonade are very good at the Blue Barn.

Never been warned in the past, bag check has existed for a number of years.

I agree sweet Martha's are not the absolute best cookie out there but fresh and hot with cold all you can drink milk is a tough combo to beat. Highest grossing food at the fair.
Holland&Holland

Postby Holland&Holland on Sun Aug 26, 2018 11:06 pm

Plus, no offense meant, but I am guessing your wife can't cook 40,000 every 12 mins.
Holland&Holland

Postby hard h2o on Mon Aug 27, 2018 11:13 am

Holland&Holland wrote:Plus, no offense meant, but I am guessing your wife can't cook 40,000 every 12 mins.

She is the go to cookie mom for the groups we are members of. Retreats, funerals, birthdays, sports meetings, school events...

She might not have the volume they have but then her staff is limited to just me.
hard h2o

Where are State Fair Carry threads?

Postby gun_fan111v2 on Mon Aug 27, 2018 12:24 pm

hard h2o wrote:
Holland&Holland wrote:Plus, no offense meant, but I am guessing your wife can't cook 40,000 every 12 mins.

She is the go to cookie mom for the groups we are members of. Retreats, funerals, birthdays, sports meetings, school events...

She might not have the volume they have but then her staff is limited to just me.

Any chance we can get a recipe? Always on the lookout for tasty recipes.
gun_fan111v2

Postby Ghost on Mon Aug 27, 2018 12:34 pm

I’d agree there are better cookies but as H&H said the chewy gooeyness mixed with all you can drink milk is hard to beat at the fair.
Ghost

Postby hard h2o on Mon Aug 27, 2018 10:24 pm

Ghost wrote:I’d agree there are better cookies but as H&H said the chewy gooeyness mixed with all you can drink milk is hard to beat at the fair.

Just like the Krispy Kreme donuts. Fresh at the fair they are hard to beat. I remember back in the day standing at the all you can drink milk with my buddy and putting away gallons. Now I have to stay away from that stuff.

I am a bit spoiled with the cookies my wife makes.

She makes 11 or 12 different kinds for Christmas. Usually double or triple batches because we have to bring them to every get together and make tins up for certain people. She even ships them to a couple of people.

I am more of a savory eater at the fair. I also like to get my money's worth. Prices keep going up and up. Makes me glad I don't drink. If I had to buy beer the budget would be shot.
hard h2o

PreviousNext

Return to General Gun Chat