Dakota County Permit Times 2018

Gun related chat that doesn't fit in another forum

Dakota County Permit Times 2018

Postby MasonK on Sat Sep 22, 2018 1:05 pm

Been a while since I was in here...

Just dropping off the current issue time for Dakota County. I saw that Leslie had been taking the full 30 to issue and mail so I was expecting close to a month and that’s about where it was

My first permit was issued by Bellows in 14 days which included Labor Day. Leslie did it in 26 days, also including Labor Day.

Can’t complain since it was done in the statutory time. No issues and the new permit office in Apple Valley made it really convenient. Nice staff there, too. Last time I went to Hastings and the deputy was not nearly as welcoming of permit applications.
MasonK

Re: Dakota County Permit Times 2018

Postby sprigfan on Sun Sep 23, 2018 10:13 am

MasonK wrote:Been a while since I was in here...

Just dropping off the current issue time for Dakota County. I saw that Leslie had been taking the full 30 to issue and mail so I was expecting close to a month and that’s about where it was

My first permit was issued by Bellows in 14 days which included Labor Day. Leslie did it in 26 days, also including Labor Day.

Can’t complain since it was done in the statutory time. No issues and the new permit office in Apple Valley made it really convenient. Nice staff there, too. Last time I went to Hastings and the deputy was not nearly as welcoming of permit applications.
Glad to see there is now a permit office in Apple Valley. I did not know that.
Real knowledge is to know the extent of one's ignorance.
sprigfan

Re: Dakota County Permit Times 2018

Postby andrewP on Mon Sep 24, 2018 8:50 pm

sprigfan wrote:Glad to see there is now a permit office in Apple Valley. I did not know that.

Sure would be nice if Ramsey would set up an alternate time/place than 8-4 M-F in downtown St. Paul. It's awkward to have to move your work schedule around and/or take time off from work to submit your application. Of course, why would they want to make the process easy for gun owners? :roll:
andrewP

Return to General Gun Chat