Vintage Ammo question

Gun related chat that doesn't fit in another forum

Vintage Ammo question

Postby Drizzle on Sat Oct 13, 2018 6:23 pm

32Win.jpg
32 Winchester
I don't know anything about old ammo, but I found four boxes at an estate sale of Remington Kleanbore 32 Winchester special 170 grain softpoints. Green boxes in decent shape, vintage 1934-1942 as clear as I can figure. Three boxes are full of 20, one if half full.

I looked on the internet to see what they might be worth, and the boxes alone of vintage rarer ammo are ten bucks apiece in some places, with full ones of odd calibers like 218 Bee and 30.40 Krag near a hundred bucks apiece, for example.

I see the folks at the show with their tables of old boxes and ammo collections, and I'll probably approach them later this month, but does anyone else have any idea what they might be worth or where I could ask? Maybe those collectors are on here, or other folks collect more casually and know things. I know advice on the internet is worth what you pay for it. And yes, before anyone asks, I plan to sell these boxes, so if you're interested in buying them, we can probably work something out.

Mods, this isn't really a for sale offer. I thought I'd find more answers here than on the for sale pages, but if it needs to be moved, of course do so. At this point, I'm really seeking more information to make an informed decision.

Thanks
Drizzle

Re: Vintage Ammo question

Postby Holland&Holland on Sat Oct 13, 2018 8:48 pm

I would watch gunbroker for awhile and see if you can see something similar actually sell. Anyone paying $100 for a box of 1940's .30-40 Krag over paid.
Holland&Holland

Re: Vintage Ammo question

Postby Drizzle on Sat Oct 13, 2018 9:01 pm

Yes, I understand that the fact that they're still on GB at that price, without bids, is somewhat significant...
Drizzle

Return to General Gun Chat