It’s been awhile

Gun related chat that doesn't fit in another forum

It’s been awhile

Postby jshuberg on Fri Dec 07, 2018 1:14 pm

Hey, it’s been awhile since I’ve visited this forum. Gonna try to correct that and get more involved again.

Below is a pic of what I’ve been up to lately. So what’s been up with all you guys I haven’t talked to for awhile?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
NRA Certified Basic Pistol Instructor
NRA Certified Personal Protection In The Home Instructor
NRA Life Member
MCPPA Certified Instructor
Gulf War Veteran
jshuberg

Re: It’s been awhile

Postby Ghost on Fri Dec 07, 2018 1:25 pm

That looks like fun
Ghost

Postby BigBlue on Fri Dec 07, 2018 1:30 pm

I like it!!
BigBlue

Postby Bitter Bastard on Fri Dec 07, 2018 3:13 pm

That's pretty damn cool. How quiet is it with the suppressor? Is there any sort of soft-mount/recoil attenuation with the tripod mount? When (if?) you switch barrels, how much shift in zero do you see?

I have one from about 2010-ish. I'd love to meet you at the range sometime next summer and compare notes and generational differences over the years, as well as see how quiet yours really is.

Good luck!

Bitter Bastard
Bitter Bastard

Postby yukonjasper on Fri Dec 07, 2018 9:01 pm

Great to have you back. As i remember, you have a magnificent collection. :mrgreen:
Deo Adjuvante Non Timendum - (with the help of God there is nothing to be afraid of)
Spectamur Agendo - (We are proven by our actions)
Non Ducor, Duco - (I am not led, I lead)
NRA Life Member
yukonjasper

Postby jshuberg on Sun Dec 16, 2018 1:43 am

Bitter Bastard wrote:That's pretty damn cool. How quiet is it with the suppressor? Is there any sort of soft-mount/recoil attenuation with the tripod mount? When (if?) you switch barrels, how much shift in zero do you see?

I have one from about 2010-ish. I'd love to meet you at the range sometime next summer and compare notes and generational differences over the years, as well as see how quiet yours really is.

Good luck!

Bitter Bastard

Its pretty quiet, I'm running a Saker on it. It's heavy, but can handle full auto without any issues. It's a 7.62 can with a 5.56 endcap out of an abundance of caution to prevent baffle strikes. I still use hearing protection when shooting it, but the difference with the can is huge. The suppressor maxes out my laser thermometer at 600 degrees after a couple of short burst strings :)

The mount is just a 1913 rail to camera ball head plate adapter. The ball head is rated for 33lbs, sitting on top of a normal camera tripod. The mount and tripod don't buffer vibration or anything, but it's 5.56 - it doesn't really need anything like that so long as theres a shoulder behind the stock. I've toyed with the idea of getting the KNS spade grip for it, but that would lock me into that particular configuration until I decided to disassemble and swap out the buffer tube and all that. I do plan on having a swing-up mount built for the rollcage of my Jeep. Cause that would just be ridiculous, and make me smile :)
NRA Certified Basic Pistol Instructor
NRA Certified Personal Protection In The Home Instructor
NRA Life Member
MCPPA Certified Instructor
Gulf War Veteran
jshuberg

Postby yukonjasper on Sun Dec 16, 2018 9:25 am

Makes me smile thinking of it.
Deo Adjuvante Non Timendum - (with the help of God there is nothing to be afraid of)
Spectamur Agendo - (We are proven by our actions)
Non Ducor, Duco - (I am not led, I lead)
NRA Life Member
yukonjasper

Return to General Gun Chat