Character of people in general

Gun related chat that doesn't fit in another forum

Character of people in general

Postby samginko on Sun Dec 23, 2018 7:24 pm

I was browsing the Armslist today and came across couple of listings selling Bumpfire stocks. This left bad taste in my mouth. My experience with shooting community for past 37 years have been nothing but meeting honest, decent people. Selling something that will be illegal in a few months seems wrong on so many levels.

From Cowboy Action to long distance shooting, I run into great people who only want to help and share. I meet great vendors from Atomic tactical to Southwest Arms and never felt like I was taken advantage of.

Is this the state of our culture as whole? Or, am I just coming across more people due to internet?

Are things like honor, code, pride and shame things of the past?
samginko

Re: Character of people in general

Postby Ghost on Sun Dec 23, 2018 8:40 pm

I don't see what's so dishonest about it. Some people are trying to buy them before they can't. Some people want them.
Ghost

Postby Holland&Holland on Sun Dec 23, 2018 11:01 pm

samginko wrote:I was browsing the Armslist today and came across couple of listings selling Bumpfire stocks. This left bad taste in my mouth. My experience with shooting community for past 37 years have been nothing but meeting honest, decent people. Selling something that will be illegal in a few months seems wrong on so many levels.

From Cowboy Action to long distance shooting, I run into great people who only want to help and share. I meet great vendors from Atomic tactical to Southwest Arms and never felt like I was taken advantage of.

Is this the state of our culture as whole? Or, am I just coming across more people due to internet?

And why will it be illegal? Cabela's is still selling 30 round AR mags.
Holland&Holland

Postby BigDog58 on Mon Dec 24, 2018 5:28 am

samginko wrote:I was browsing the Armslist today and came across couple of listings selling Bumpfire stocks. This left bad taste in my mouth. My experience with shooting community for past 37 years have been nothing but meeting honest, decent people. Selling something that will be illegal in a few months seems wrong on so many levels.

Sam, I saw 2 for sale on Armslist. One was a registered individual, and is trying to rid himself of it ASAP. The second one listed is by a "Premium Vendor" with an actual store, here in the area. I'm guessing their philosophy, is "Dump it and let it be someone else's headache.
NRA RSO
"Never anger a man that can end you, from another zip code

If necessary to fight, I will Fight like I'm the 3rd Monkey on the ramp to Noah's Arc, and brother, it's starting to rain.
BigDog58

Postby Holland&Holland on Mon Dec 24, 2018 7:37 am

There were a large number of ARs for sale on here at exorbitant prices right after Sandy hook, you now can piece most of those low end ARs together for 300-350.

So lesson is free market bad?
Holland&Holland

Postby smurfman on Tue Dec 25, 2018 3:42 pm

I don't see an issue either as both sides likely know what is happening in a few weeks. I see this as the seller wanting to get something for their item and the seller wanting to get said item for a price they want. If anything, the buyer is the "dishonest" one if they are taking advantage of the upcoming law to get a product for cheap. It may be that the buyer is hoping to make a profit in the event a lawsuit is filed and won making the government pay for bump stocks that are turned in.

A person can be sickened by many things but this is not one that affects my taste in the least.
smurfman

Postby PHATSPEED7x on Tue Dec 25, 2018 4:24 pm

It's just like anything else in the gun community. Just be thankful there hasn't been any "mass shootings" and push for gun control that way. I can remember when the Newtown shooting happened. I unloaded both my AR15 rifles I owned at the time. One I nearly made 5 times what I paid for it just 3 months prior.

Since then I've been stocking up on firearms in the pending wake of gun contol 2019 coming up in the CA #2 (Minnesota). I'll be making at least one more purchase before the year is out.
"Amateurs train until they get it right... Professionals train until they get it wrong"
PHATSPEED7x

Postby MJY65 on Tue Dec 25, 2018 6:30 pm

PHATSPEED7x wrote:Since then I've been stocking up on firearms in the pending wake of gun contol 2019 coming up in the CA #2 (Minnesota). I'll be making at least one more purchase before the year is out.

If a "ban" passes, we'll be lucky to keep what we have. Selling at a profit will be the least of your concerns.
MJY65

Postby Ironbear on Wed Dec 26, 2018 11:21 am

If you regularly peruse Armslist; and only recently have encountered ads that seemed shady/weird/off/wonky, and people who are rude/ignorant/stupid/smarmy... then you have been mighty lucky IMHO.
"Justice and power must be brought together, so that whatever is just may be powerful, and whatever is powerful may be just.” ~Blaise Pascal~
Ironbear

Postby Ghost on Wed Dec 26, 2018 11:49 am

Ironbear wrote:If you regularly peruse Armslist; and only recently have encountered ads that seemed shady/weird/off/wonky, and people who are rude/ignorant/stupid/smarmy... then you have been mighty lucky IMHO.

LoL
Ghost

Return to General Gun Chat