What is the status of Coonan?

Gun related chat that doesn't fit in another forum

Re: What is the status of Coonan?

Postby BigDog58 on Sun Jan 06, 2019 2:20 am

A 1911 chambered in grendel, awesome!

Oldman has a Pistol in 444 Marlin. That might fit the bill for someone wanting a real hand canon
NRA RSO
"Never anger a man that can end you, from another zip code

If necessary to fight, I will Fight like I'm the 3rd Monkey on the ramp to Noah's Arc, and brother, it's starting to rain.
BigDog58

Postby Holland&Holland on Sun Jan 06, 2019 8:46 am

BigDog58 wrote:
A 1911 chambered in grendel, awesome!

Oldman has a Pistol in 444 Marlin. That might fit the bill for someone wanting a real hand canon

I have a revolver in .45-70 and a single shot in 7mm-08 so I have the hand cannon area covered in my collection.
Holland&Holland

Postby brad3579 on Sun Jan 06, 2019 10:23 am

I went to Fleet Farm Friday so for chits and giggles I thought that I would drive by their shop (is a few blocks from Fleet farm).
No cars parked there, snow not shoveled off the walk and looked to be pretty dark inside.
Feel sorry for anyone with money involved.
brad3579

Postby grimbeaver on Mon Jan 07, 2019 6:30 am

brad3579 wrote:I went to Fleet Farm Friday so for chits and giggles I thought that I would drive by their shop (is a few blocks from Fleet farm).
No cars parked there, snow not shoveled off the walk and looked to be pretty dark inside.
Feel sorry for anyone with money involved.

Well that sucks. I feel more sorry for the people who's guns are still in there for repair. Someone who had something on order can likely get their money back from their credit card company. But if they have your gun for repair :cry:

gun_fan111v2 wrote:Could not agree more! Every enthusiast should own at least one 1911 :)

While I agree I do not yet own one. Too many other things on the list and have not seen a must have one yet.

I shot the Coonan 10mm at Shooters Roundup in 2017. I also shot the Ruger 10mm that day. Definitely felt like the Coonan ran smoother and was more comfortable to shoot. Dan told me something about different timing reducing the recoil. I assume this would be due to the linkless design. Unfortunately I do not recall exactly what he said.

Now that Springfield released a reasonable priced 10mm I may get one before too long. Having a 1911 in 45ACP just does not interest me. For a while I was looking at the 22TCM but I did not like the double stack grip (single stack was not out yet) and reloading is more difficult.
grimbeaver

Postby Ghost on Mon Jan 07, 2019 7:26 pm

Hate to see any gun company struggle, excluding those that support the enemy.
Ghost

Postby Holland&Holland on Mon Jan 07, 2019 8:35 pm

Ghost wrote:Hate to see any gun company struggle, excluding those that support the enemy.

I would tender such a company is NOT a gun company despite what they have on their shelves. ;)
Holland&Holland

Postby grimbeaver on Mon Jan 28, 2019 11:52 am

Looks like their website has disappeared. Probably have not paid their hosting bill in a while.
grimbeaver

Postby LarryFlew on Mon Jan 28, 2019 4:09 pm

http://www.coonaninc.com still works - nothing new though
If you're having second thoughts you're two ahead of most Democrats
LarryFlew

Location: Hamburg, MN - CZ fan - Class of 66 - USAF 66-70 - NRA life since 1970

Postby Ghost on Mon Jan 28, 2019 6:18 pm

LarryFlew wrote:http://www.coonaninc.com still works - nothing new though

Contract obligations?

Coonan Inc. is NOT GONE!
Due to contractual obligations, we have been unable to discuss the big changes that are happening.

We sincerely apologize for the lack of communication. This process has taken far longer than we had anticipated, but there have been a lot of things going on behind the scenes. We have been working very hard to restructure the company in ways that will allow us to serve our customer’s needs better and faster. These changes will also allow us to pursue even more exciting new projects.

While obstacles can pop up easily during this type of transition, we do hope to have things up and running by the end of November. Once we have completed the process, we will contact our customers with delivery dates on orders for pistols, FAL receivers, and accessories.
Ghost

Postby xd ED on Mon Jan 28, 2019 6:21 pm

Ghost wrote:

Contract obligations?

Coonan Inc. is NOT GONE!
Due to contractual obligations, we have been unable to discuss the big changes that are happening.

We sincerely apologize for the lack of communication. This process has taken far longer than we had anticipated, but there have been a lot of things going on behind the scenes. We have been working very hard to restructure the company in ways that will allow us to serve our customer’s needs better and faster. These changes will also allow us to pursue even more exciting new projects.

While obstacles can pop up easily during this type of transition, we do hope to have things up and running by the end of November. Once we have completed the process, we will contact our customers with delivery dates on orders for pistols, FAL receivers, and accessories.

Confidentiality clause in a pending sale, perhaps?
LET'S GO BRANDON
xd ED

Postby Holland&Holland on Mon Jan 28, 2019 10:13 pm

Sure sounds like it.
Holland&Holland

Postby Ghost on Mon Jan 28, 2019 10:14 pm

xd ED wrote:
Ghost wrote:

Contract obligations?

Coonan Inc. is NOT GONE!

Confidentiality clause in a pending sale, perhaps?

Remington?
Ghost

Postby Holland&Holland on Mon Jan 28, 2019 10:15 pm

Might as well ruin another franchise
Holland&Holland

Postby Ghost on Mon Jan 28, 2019 11:04 pm

Holland&Holland wrote:Might as well ruin another franchise

That’s my guess
Ghost

Postby grimbeaver on Tue Jan 29, 2019 6:14 am

It was not coming up for me earlier in the day. Even checked with one of the "is it down" sites and it said it was too.

Looks like the message has not changed. Still says end of November. Not sure why we are discussing it again.
grimbeaver

PreviousNext

Return to General Gun Chat