Shot show 2019

Gun related chat that doesn't fit in another forum

Shot show 2019

Postby Holland&Holland on Wed Jan 30, 2019 8:55 am

SO are we a gun forum or just a group of crotchety folks that talk about the weather?

I have seen no one posting anything about the shot show. Come on guys what have you seen that excites you?

I am intrigued by Winchester's new .350 legend, I like the ballistics and the fact it uses a .223 head, unfortunately, with no taper and head spacing on the case mouth I am not thinking it will be a good AR cartridge but something similar would be lights out on deer with a suppressor in the MN woods. Maybe my next wildcat project?
Holland&Holland

Re: Shot show 2019

Postby photogpat on Wed Jan 30, 2019 9:01 am

Holland&Holland wrote:SO are we a gun forum or just a group of crotchety folks that talk about the weather?

I have seen no one posting anything about the shot show. Come on guys what have you seen that excites you?

I am intrigued by Winchester's new .350 legend, I like the ballistics and the fact it uses a .223 head, unfortunately, with no taper and head spacing on the case mouth I am not thinking it will be a good AR cartridge but something similar would be lights out on deer with a suppressor in the MN woods. Maybe my next wildcat project?

Minnesota doesn't have a straight wall rifle cartridge exception for deer hunting zones. .350 Legend is pretty specific for that application (at least until places like Ohio start passing performance based regs - in which case it's an obsolete cartridge overnight). You have WAY better rifle cartridge options ballistically speaking for rifle deer hunting here in MN.
Nothing to see here. Continue swimming.
photogpat

Postby DutchThrone on Wed Jan 30, 2019 9:25 am

The kel-tec cp33 looks like a lot of fun. If they function reliably and I can find one for a decent price I'll definitely be getting one.
DutchThrone

Postby Holland&Holland on Wed Jan 30, 2019 9:56 am

photogpat wrote:
Holland&Holland wrote:SO are we a gun forum or just a group of crotchety folks that talk about the weather?

Minnesota doesn't have a straight wall rifle cartridge exception for deer hunting zones. .350 Legend is pretty specific for that application (at least until places like Ohio start passing performance based regs - in which case it's an obsolete cartridge overnight). You have WAY better rifle cartridge options ballistically speaking for rifle deer hunting here in MN.

I agree in its current specifications it is a boutique cartridge that will soon be obsolete and I get why they brought it to market. I would contend though that for mn woods deer hunting it is about ideal ballistics.

I would love to replicate it in an AR

Of course I have also dreamed of a .357 Herrett in a revolver so I am weird I know
Holland&Holland

Postby yukonjasper on Wed Jan 30, 2019 10:53 am

I thought I was going to be in Vegas for a work concern and was scrambling to figure out how to get into the exhibit hall. They really regulate the heck out of that event. Turns out my dates changed, so I dropped my pursuit, but the vetting process is pretty rigorous.
This looked interesting:

Tactical Solutions Pac-Lite TSS Integrally Suppressed Upper

TacSol Pac-Lite TSS Integrally Suppressed Upper

For an amazingly quiet shooting experience, an integrally suppressed .22 LR gun is a great way to go. For 2019, the TacSol PAC-LITE TSS might be one of the best guns for teaching noise adverse shooters, introducing kids to shooting and for handling pests without disturbing the neighborhood.

The PAC-LITE TSS is an upper designed for the Ruger Mark I, II and III and the 22/45 pistols. With the integral suppressor, the unit weighs only 11 ounces. The upper has a 3.5″ barrel (bore length) with a 12.75″ overall length. The upper is made from aluminum while the interlocking baffles are made of titanium with a stainless steel split tube. Installation is easy and no gunsmithing is needed. Yes, the assembly can be disassembled for cleaning (tool included.)

TacSol includes a front fiber optic sight and a rear adjustable sight. It is also drilled and tapped for adding an optic rail. The MSRP is $599. You will, of course, need a tax stamp.

Read the original article here: http://www.gunsholstersandgear.com/shot-show-2019/ . Make sure you visit GunsHolstersAndGear.com for all of the latest gun news, reviews and SHOT Show coverage.

Standard Manufacturing S333 Thunderstruck

Standard S333 Thunderstruck

Standard Manufacturing announced a new revolver that looks very different, has two barrels and claims to fire “2 rounds simultaneously.” The new S333 (this is different from the Brownie-like S333 prototype the company showed at previous SHOT Shows) presumably doesn’t meet the US federal law definition of a machine gun. I’m not an NFA expert, so I’ll just give you the details on the gun as they are presented by the company.

The gun is a compact revolver chambered for the .22 WMR cartridge. It holds 8 rounds in the cylinder and has two barrels. Instead of a normal trigger guard, this weapon has a partial guard with a shallow W shaped trigger. Oddly, the trigger has Glock-like trigger safety on its face.

Both the 1.25″ barrels and cylinder are made of steel while the frame is crafted from 7075 anodized aluminum. Unloaded, the gun weighs 18 ounces. Both of the hammers are contained within the gun’s housing. The suggested retail price will be $369.

The company claims “THESE REVOLVERS ARE FAR MORE SUPERIOR TO ANY OTHER AUTOMATIC PISTOL WHICH ARE RENDERED USELESS WHEN THEY JAM OR MISFIRE.” Your mileage may vary.

Read the original article here: http://www.gunsholstersandgear.com/shot-show-2019/ . Make sure you visit GunsHolstersAndGear.com for all of the latest gun news, reviews and SHOT Show coverage.
Last edited by yukonjasper on Wed Jan 30, 2019 10:58 am, edited 1 time in total.
Deo Adjuvante Non Timendum - (with the help of God there is nothing to be afraid of)
Spectamur Agendo - (We are proven by our actions)
Non Ducor, Duco - (I am not led, I lead)
NRA Life Member
yukonjasper

Postby Jackpine Savage on Wed Jan 30, 2019 10:55 am

Holland&Holland wrote:I would love to replicate it in an AR

I was wondering how it would feed in an AR, but CMMG is marketing one. They had to come up with a new magazine for it.
Jackpine Savage

Postby Holland&Holland on Wed Jan 30, 2019 11:02 am

Jackpine Savage wrote:
Holland&Holland wrote:I would love to replicate it in an AR

I was wondering how it would feed in an AR, but CMMG is marketing one. They had to come up with a new magazine for it.

I am thinking with being a straight walled case it will be tough but I might try it someone markets AR mags and a barrel.
Holland&Holland

Postby BigDog58 on Wed Jan 30, 2019 10:17 pm

For your enjoyment H&H

NRA RSO
"Never anger a man that can end you, from another zip code

If necessary to fight, I will Fight like I'm the 3rd Monkey on the ramp to Noah's Arc, and brother, it's starting to rain.
BigDog58

Shot show 2019

Postby INOR on Thu Jan 31, 2019 5:37 am

I really haven’t seen too much for articles about what’s new at SHOT this year.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
INOR

Postby Ghost on Thu Jan 31, 2019 10:12 am

I haven't seen anything that impressed me.
Ghost

Postby Holland&Holland on Thu Jan 31, 2019 10:15 am

INOR wrote:I really haven’t seen too much for articles about what’s new at SHOT this year.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Guns America has been doing daily updates
Holland&Holland

Postby wasfuzz on Thu Jan 31, 2019 1:13 pm

Hi-Point introduced a new pistol. Aren't you all a twitter over it?
ONE* Training LLC - Mapleton, MN
Offering Training in;
NRA Basic Pistol
MN DPS/ BCA Approved Conceal Carry
WI,IA Conceal Carry
NRA LE Firearms Instructor & LEO HR 218 Training
MN DNR Hunter Safety
ASP Expandable Baton
wasfuzz

Postby Rowdy Roddy on Thu Jan 31, 2019 1:48 pm

Winchester's new .350 legend

If it runs good, I may have just found my next AR build.
Rowdy Roddy

Postby Holland&Holland on Thu Jan 31, 2019 3:08 pm

Rowdy Roddy wrote:
Winchester's new .350 legend

If it runs good, I may have just found my next AR build.

Me too :D
Holland&Holland

Postby Scratch on Thu Jan 31, 2019 3:47 pm

I'm interested in hearing more about Franklin Armorys Providence. The non semi auto AR:
01 FFL in Hudson Wisconsin
Scratch

Next

Return to General Gun Chat