NOTICE: NEW MAILING ADDRESS FOR NFA FORMS

Gun related chat that doesn't fit in another forum

NOTICE: NEW MAILING ADDRESS FOR NFA FORMS

Postby BigDog58 on Wed Feb 06, 2019 10:31 am

I thought this might interest those of you needing to File Forms for NFA Regulated Items

As of February 1, 2019, the mailing address for NFA forms and applications has changed from Atlanta, Georgia to Portland, Oregon. The new address for Form 1 & 4 submissions is:

National Firearms Act Division (ATF Form 1 and Form 4)
P.O. Box 5015
Portland, OR 97208-5015

https://americansuppressorassociation.com/notice-new-mailing-address-for-nfa-forms/?mc_cid=bc536e8602&mc_eid=02217af599
NRA RSO
"Never anger a man that can end you, from another zip code

If necessary to fight, I will Fight like I'm the 3rd Monkey on the ramp to Noah's Arc, and brother, it's starting to rain.
BigDog58

Re: NOTICE: NEW MAILING ADDRESS FOR NFA FORMS

Postby Ghost on Wed Feb 06, 2019 11:46 am

I saw that earlier in my emails. I'm not sure that I'm kosher with this.
Ghost

Postby hammAR on Wed Feb 06, 2019 12:36 pm

No fear, nothing can go wrong...............
All men are created equal....It's what they do from there that matters!.
hammAR

Postby yukonjasper on Wed Feb 06, 2019 1:48 pm

You mean moving the processing to the pro gun area known as Portland? I'm sure there won't be any documentation misplaced- just like the revelations from other areas of government who admitted sandbagging and actively obstructing processes and decisions to "slow down" the current administration.

What could go wrong?!
Deo Adjuvante Non Timendum - (with the help of God there is nothing to be afraid of)
Spectamur Agendo - (We are proven by our actions)
Non Ducor, Duco - (I am not led, I lead)
NRA Life Member
yukonjasper

Postby Ghost on Wed Feb 06, 2019 2:04 pm

yukonjasper wrote:You mean moving the processing to the pro gun area known as Portland? I'm sure there won't be any documentation misplaced- just like the revelations from other areas of government who admitted sandbagging and actively obstructing processes and decisions to "slow down" the current administration.

What could go wrong?!

I assume this means all new processors too.
Ghost

Postby yukonjasper on Wed Feb 06, 2019 2:22 pm

I can't imagine the positions making enough to qualify for relocation packages, so I would assume new staffers. I don't have and direct information. The overwhelming liberal bias in that area may not be an accident. Finding allies is all part of the plan to obstruct and undermine. Will be interesting to see if the process slows or resulting pass decision ratios change. Is there a public grievance process ?
Deo Adjuvante Non Timendum - (with the help of God there is nothing to be afraid of)
NRA Life Member
yukonjasper

Postby Ghost on Wed Feb 06, 2019 2:46 pm

According to a quick google search and ar15.com post, it’s no big deal

No, it's only a change in where the check is cashed. Not where the examiners are located.

Someone else - Then why is it necessary to mail the forms there instead of just the checks?

You're asking for logic from the federal government?

This is how it's been for years, even with the current ATL mailing address. They open the package, take the check out, cash it, and forward the rest of your packet to the NFA Branch in WV.
Ghost

Postby BigDog58 on Wed Feb 06, 2019 3:54 pm

Ghost wrote:According to a quick google search and ar15.com post, it’s no big deal

No, it's only a change in where the check is cashed. Not where the examiners are located.

Someone else - Then why is it necessary to mail the forms there instead of just the checks?

This is how it's been for years, even with the current ATL mailing address. They open the package, take the check out, cash it, and forward the rest of your packet to the NFA Branch in WV.

Thanks for looking this up. While I don't see myself needing the services of the BATFE any time soon (for NFA Items), I thought I'd post this for those it will affect.

Like what was posted by others above, I found it odd, that they would move the address to Portland, OR, given their very Anti-Gun stance.

I had to sell my NFA Firearms in 2002, just before I moved to MN. They would not have been welcomed here.
NRA RSO
"Never anger a man that can end you, from another zip code

If necessary to fight, I will Fight like I'm the 3rd Monkey on the ramp to Noah's Arc, and brother, it's starting to rain.
BigDog58

Postby Ghost on Wed Feb 06, 2019 4:17 pm

BigDog58 wrote:
Ghost wrote:According to a quick google search and ar15.com post, it’s no big deal

Thanks for looking this up. While I don't see myself needing the services of the BATFE any time soon (for NFA Items), I thought I'd post this for those it will affect.

Like what was posted by others above, I found it odd, that they would move the address to Portland, OR, given their very Anti-Gun stance.

I had to sell my NFA Firearms in 2002, just before I moved to MN. They would not have been welcomed here.

It’s definitely good to know it changed. I’d love to know the why.
Ghost

Postby yukonjasper on Wed Feb 06, 2019 4:39 pm

So now the payment will be tossed. Same effect.
NRA Life Member
yukonjasper

Return to General Gun Chat