So how's that 'Red Flag' law ACTUALLY working in California

Gun related chat that doesn't fit in another forum

So how's that 'Red Flag' law ACTUALLY working in California

Postby daleamn on Wed Feb 20, 2019 5:11 am

Can Minnesota learn from other's mistakes? The following article tells about how California allocated $24 million to go get 20,000 guns from folk that shouldn't have them. Now, six years later, the money is gone and about 9,000 of the guns are still out there. How much better would we do in MN?
The article is here:
https://www.thetruthaboutguns.com/2019/ ... s-to-grow/
daleamn
 
Posts: 19 [View]
Joined: Fri Feb 08, 2019 2:10 pm
Location: Twin Cities

Re: So how's that 'Red Flag' law ACTUALLY working in California

Postby Holland&Holland on Wed Feb 20, 2019 11:56 am

What a complete waste.
User avatar
Holland&Holland
 
Posts: 7050 [View]
Joined: Mon Jan 12, 2009 9:17 am

Re: So how's that 'Red Flag' law ACTUALLY working in California

Postby OldmanFCSA on Wed Feb 20, 2019 12:50 pm

$2182 dollars per gun received.

If they offered a "buy-back" with $2182 per gun, they might get a few more "sheeple" to turn in their guns.

Not that I could after losing all my STUFF in the StCroix river in a boating accident.
OldmanFCSA
 
Posts: 2905 [View]
Joined: Sat Sep 24, 2011 9:55 pm
Location: Osceola, WI.

Re: So how's that 'Red Flag' law ACTUALLY working in California

Postby Holland&Holland on Wed Feb 20, 2019 1:05 pm

OldmanFCSA wrote:$2182 dollars per gun received.

If they offered a "buy-back" with $2182 per gun, they might get a few more "sheeple" to turn in their guns.

Not that I could after losing all my STUFF in the StCroix river in a boating accident.


At $2182 per gun I could buy, er I mean have, a lot of guns to turn in :D
User avatar
Holland&Holland
 
Posts: 7050 [View]
Joined: Mon Jan 12, 2009 9:17 am

Re: So how's that 'Red Flag' law ACTUALLY working in California

Postby Ironbear on Wed Feb 20, 2019 5:38 pm

Holland&Holland wrote:At $2182 per gun I could buy, er I mean have, a lot of guns to turn in :D


And Hi Points suddenly become best sellers!
"Justice and power must be brought together, so that whatever is just may be powerful, and whatever is powerful may be just.” ~Blaise Pascal~
User avatar
Ironbear
 
Posts: 1841 [View]
Joined: Sat Jul 28, 2007 4:38 pm
Location: A nondescript planet in the Milky Way galaxy

Re: So how's that 'Red Flag' law ACTUALLY working in California

Postby Holland&Holland on Wed Feb 20, 2019 9:09 pm

Ironbear wrote:
Holland&Holland wrote:At $2182 per gun I could buy, er I mean have, a lot of guns to turn in :D


And Hi Points suddenly become best sellers!


I was thinking red ryders at $29.99 each!
User avatar
Holland&Holland
 
Posts: 7050 [View]
Joined: Mon Jan 12, 2009 9:17 am

Re: So how's that 'Red Flag' law ACTUALLY working in California

Postby Ghost on Wed Feb 20, 2019 9:14 pm

Holland&Holland wrote:
Ironbear wrote:
Holland&Holland wrote:At $2182 per gun I could buy, er I mean have, a lot of guns to turn in :D


And Hi Points suddenly become best sellers!


I was thinking red ryders at $29.99 each!

That's some serious fire power now.
User avatar
Ghost
 
Posts: 6851 [View]
Joined: Wed Feb 05, 2014 8:49 pm

Re: So how's that 'Red Flag' law ACTUALLY working in California

Postby Holland&Holland on Wed Feb 20, 2019 9:29 pm

Ghost wrote:
Holland&Holland wrote:
I was thinking red ryders at $29.99 each!

That's some serious fire power now.


Enough to get you arrested for discharge of a firearm in many municipalities.
User avatar
Holland&Holland
 
Posts: 7050 [View]
Joined: Mon Jan 12, 2009 9:17 am

Re: So how's that 'Red Flag' law ACTUALLY working in California

Postby hammAR on Wed Feb 20, 2019 10:57 pm

........and put your eye out!
All men are created equal....It's what they do from there that matters!.
User avatar
hammAR
 
Posts: 11425 [View]
Joined: Wed Jul 25, 2007 3:31 pm
Location: Cultural Liaison....

Re: So how's that 'Red Flag' law ACTUALLY working in California

Postby Holland&Holland on Thu Feb 21, 2019 8:58 am

hammAR wrote:........and put your eye out!


Of course!
User avatar
Holland&Holland
 
Posts: 7050 [View]
Joined: Mon Jan 12, 2009 9:17 am


Return to General Gun Chat

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 5 guests

cron