An account worth reading

Gun related chat that doesn't fit in another forum

An account worth reading

Postby jdege on Thu Apr 04, 2019 10:42 pm

I ran across this on another forum:

https://www.quora.com/If-we-don-t-own-a-gun-and-someone-is-breaking-through-the-front-door-what-is-our-best-course-of-action/answers/131650128?ch=10&share=0f5b242a&srid=zLXC

Here’s a personal experience…

I’m a lawyer and a woman, and when I was in law school I interned one summer at a large city DA’s office. Naturally, I was in contact with a lot of criminals, and being young and somewhat naive, I always tried to be friendly to them.

One was a twenty-something gang member that was about to go to trial, and I remember wishing him good luck. He looks me over and says something about maybe getting together if he manages to beat the charges. It made me nervous, but I remember thinking that it was late in the summer and I was about to pack up and head back to school in a few weeks, so I didn’t worry too much about him.

A few days later, the thug calls the DA’s office to speak with me and I find out that he was arrested on a minor charge and released as part of a plea deal. At first, I just wouldn’t take his call, but he kept calling and calling, and finally I made the mistake of inadvertently picking up the phone and it was him. I politely tried to tell him I was leaving soon and that I just was too busy for socializing, and from the tone of his voice, I could tell he was insulted. I remember every word of his chilling response to this day: “aw, but you’re so pretty - you can’t keep that all to yourself…maybe I should come visit you with some of my boys one night and you’ll change your mind”.

[...]

And it goes on from there.
jdege

Re: An account worth reading

Postby hammAR on Fri Apr 05, 2019 9:26 am

Some day, probably too late, people will wake up and realize that there are genuine bad people out there................................ :hammer:
All men are created equal....It's what they do from there that matters!.
hammAR

Postby jdege on Fri Apr 05, 2019 10:14 am

More...

I came home to find that my apartment door just didn’t look right. It had been kicked in, and someone leaned it back against the opening so it looked like the door was still closed. I thought maybe we’d been robbed, but I could hear muffled cries from what I thought might be my roommate. I knew she’d been in a few bad relationships, so I thought perhaps some ex of hers showed up and she might need help. Well, it was worse than I ever expected.

Thinking her life might be in danger, I walked in and saw that some sort of fight had taken place…everything was upside down, and there was broken stuff everywhere. I turned the corner and there she was - naked, beaten and covered in blood. Her face was so swollen, her eyes were barely open, and it looked to me she had been violently raped.

It was the thug from the DA’s office and one of his friends, and now they were just sitting there on my sofa making small talk while my friend was bleeding to death.

“Oh, I was wondering when you’d be home sweetie…what? You think you’re that hard to find?”

I consider myself to be pretty tough, but it was too much for me. I was frozen with fear in a way I would have never imagined before.
jdege

Postby Ghost on Fri Apr 05, 2019 1:54 pm

Thanks for posting. Worth the read.
Ghost

Postby atomic41 on Sat Apr 13, 2019 8:50 am

That was a very good read.
atomic41

Postby INOR on Sat Apr 13, 2019 9:14 am

Really good. I need to share that with my daughter. And wife. And well....pretty much everybody. Too bad the posting was "anonymous" though.
INOR

Postby Lumpy on Sat Apr 13, 2019 9:34 am

I saw that on Quora, definitely a great read and sobering story.
Lumpy

Return to General Gun Chat