Game Fair and Protect Minnesota

Gun related chat that doesn't fit in another forum

Game Fair and Protect Minnesota

Postby daleamn on Sun Aug 04, 2019 4:34 pm

I'm not sure if this should be in "General" area or "Political" area. Game Fair is coming Friday, Saturday and Sunday Aug. 9-11 and then again Aug. 16-18. It'll be at the Armstrong Ranch Kennels about 4.5 miles west of Anoka MN. Find out more about the event and activities here:
http://www.gamefair.com/

Protect Minnesota, the gun control group, says they will be at the event:

"The Game Fair is our [Protect Minnesota] biggest annual outreach event to hunters. We need a whole bunch of friendly volunteers–especially those with hunting experience–to help us welcome visitors to our booth, give out free trigger locks and suicide prevention information, collect petition signatures, sell our cool new “Another Hunter for Sensible Gun Laws” t-shirts and answer questions about Protect Minnesota.

Admission is $12.00 but we’ll reimburse you so you’ll get into the event for FREE! Shifts are only two hours long instead of the usual three, so you’ll have lots of time to enjoy the exhibits– and all the amazing dogs! And you’ll get your choice of t-shirt, to boot!

There are four shifts per day, 9am-11am, 11am-1pm, 1pm-3pm, and 3pm-5pm.We’d like at least two volunteers per shift. (This is a great opportunity to invite a friend who’s a hunter that supports our cause.)"

I guess it's fine with me if they show up. In the past year or so they have gone to great lengths to dial back their anti-gun rhetoric and try to enlist gun owners to their cause and they have said they are concentrating only on the "Universal Background Check" and "Red Flag Gun Confiscation" laws but at the heart of it I suspect they still want all the guns away from all the people. (I'll admit that getting rid of all the guns would end "gun violence"---I just don't think a ban on all guns would be a good idea.) Anyway I'm sure they will say that is not their goal (to take away guns) but overall I distrust them and their motives, which of course is my right just as it is for them to have their opinions about me.

The Protect Minnesota link is here:
https://protectmn.org/event/anoka-game-fair/
daleamn

Re: Game Fair and Protect Minnesota

Postby Holland&Holland on Sun Aug 04, 2019 10:15 pm

I don't attend anti gun rallies. If they let them in then this event should be boycotted by anyone who owns a gun.
Holland&Holland

Postby daleamn on Mon Aug 05, 2019 12:52 am

Maybe I should have done a search before I started this thread. I see Protect MN was at last year's Game Fair too and it was discussed on this site here:
viewtopic.php?f=21&t=60084&p=585567&hilit=game+fair#p585567

I still think we could discuss this year's Game Fair but in the future I'll try to make better use of the "Search" function on this site.
daleamn

Postby Ghost on Mon Aug 05, 2019 6:47 am

Holland&Holland wrote:I don't attend anti gun rallies. If they let them in then this event should be boycotted by anyone who owns a gun.

Death by a thousand cuts
Ghost

Postby Holland&Holland on Mon Aug 05, 2019 7:49 am

Ghost wrote:
Holland&Holland wrote:I don't attend anti gun rallies. If they let them in then this event should be boycotted by anyone who owns a gun.

Death by a thousand cuts

Yup.
Holland&Holland

Postby xd ED on Mon Aug 05, 2019 8:26 am

Holland&Holland wrote:
Ghost wrote:

Death by a thousand cuts

Yup.

Worse than that:
being seen as 'reasonable' by thousands of youngsters who own/ shoot 'good' guns...

The antis are not so ignorant to believe they can change the trajectory of a very popular sport, but they will attempt to be the voice of 'moderation' by giving approval to high school teams, nevertheless pointing out that their 'good' guns are not the evil weapons that need to disappear.

Getting them while they're young is an old trick.
LET'S GO BRANDON
xd ED

Postby yukonjasper on Mon Aug 05, 2019 10:41 am

Could they be banned and what would have been the fallout? If you think you have the superior argument, you are not afraid to engage. Should we be more angry that an Anti group is actively recruiting or that the Pro group is not engaged in the same pursuit?

Keyboard Commandos will get plowed under by those who actually show up and take action. What are 2nd Amendment groups doing at Game Fair? Is anyone planning to go and provide a counterpoint at the booth to challenge the Anti logic?
Deo Adjuvante Non Timendum - (with the help of God there is nothing to be afraid of)
Spectamur Agendo - (We are proven by our actions)
Non Ducor, Duco - (I am not led, I lead)
NRA Life Member
yukonjasper

Postby Holland&Holland on Mon Aug 05, 2019 11:03 am

yukonjasper wrote:Could they be banned and what would have been the fallout? If you think you have the superior argument, you are not afraid to engage. Should we be more angry that an Anti group is actively recruiting or that the Pro group is not engaged in the same pursuit?

Keyboard Commandos will get plowed under by those who actually show up and take action. What are 2nd Amendment groups doing at Game Fair? Is anyone planning to go and provide a counterpoint at the booth to challenge the Anti logic?

Yes, yes and yes. The pressure needs to be applied to the organizers for allowing them. The issue is that Protect MN is going to be very careful to keep to their talking points that they are only promoting gun safety.
Holland&Holland

Postby xd ED on Mon Aug 05, 2019 11:18 am

Would they allow p e t a to rent space?
LET'S GO BRANDON
xd ED

Postby Grayskies on Mon Aug 05, 2019 11:20 am

Has anyone tried talking with the fair organizer about this?
NRA Life Member & Certified Range Safety Officer
Honorably Discharged U.S. Army Veteran
General Class Amateur Radio Operator and ARRL VE and SkyWarn
Amateur Radio Emergency Service® (ARES)

P2C since August 2003
Grayskies

Postby Holland&Holland on Mon Aug 05, 2019 11:24 am

Grayskies wrote:Has anyone tried talking with the fair organizer about this?

I intend to, they have contact info on their page. Similar to the "no guns, no cash" cards I intend to inform them that I will not attend as long as they include gun control groups as part of their program. I did receive an email from Arnzen Arms this AM advertising their involvement and informed them that Protect MN will be there and that they should seriously reconsider their involvement.
Holland&Holland

Postby Holland&Holland on Mon Aug 05, 2019 11:37 am

I emailed them. Thought that might be better than a phone call.

Here is their email:

chuckoa@aol.com

Who still uses AOL BTW?
Holland&Holland

Postby yukonjasper on Mon Aug 05, 2019 1:08 pm

Chuckoa........i guess.....
Deo Adjuvante Non Timendum - (with the help of God there is nothing to be afraid of)
Spectamur Agendo - (We are proven by our actions)
Non Ducor, Duco - (I am not led, I lead)
NRA Life Member
yukonjasper

Postby bstrawse on Mon Aug 05, 2019 1:11 pm

They will be there.

So will we.

Bryan
Chair, Minnesota Gun Owners Caucus & Minnesota Gun Owners Political Action Committee - Join the Caucus TODAY
MN Permit to Carry Instructor| NRA Instructor | NRA Chief Range Safety Officer | Twitter | Facebook
bstrawse

Postby bstrawse on Mon Aug 05, 2019 1:13 pm

yukonjasper wrote:Could they be banned and what would have been the fallout? If you think you have the superior argument, you are not afraid to engage. Should we be more angry that an Anti group is actively recruiting or that the Pro group is not engaged in the same pursuit?

We have been at Game Fair every year since we started the PAC in 2013 - it's one of our biggest events. We'll be there with two gun raffles (Remington 870 home/field combo and a Armalite AR-15) along with legislative scorecards and our usual swag.

I don't believe PM will be allowed back - we've made Game Fair management aware of their agenda.

If you goto Game Fair, be sure to stop by their booth and tell them what you think - politely.
Chair, Minnesota Gun Owners Caucus & Minnesota Gun Owners Political Action Committee - Join the Caucus TODAY
MN Permit to Carry Instructor| NRA Instructor | NRA Chief Range Safety Officer | Twitter | Facebook
bstrawse

Next

Return to General Gun Chat