Anti-gun people are different

Gun related chat that doesn't fit in another forum

Re: Anti-gun people are different

Postby Lumpy on Wed Sep 18, 2019 10:57 am

xd ED wrote:I had it once explained that some people are so desperate to sustain their 'illusion of invulnerability' - being unable to accept the fragility, and uncertainty of life, that they will blindly cling to anything that allows perpetuation of the belief they can be truly safe and secure.
Seconded. They want to be in a "safe" environment- one possessing no threats- rather than take any pro-active steps to defend themselves.
Lumpy

Postby yukonjasper on Wed Sep 18, 2019 11:39 am

I was cringing at the news story with footage of the St Paul police meeting with citizens on the topic of recent violence and Officer involved shootings. One woman asked why they needed to shoot to kill, why couldn't they just shoot them in the arm or leg or knee or something.........
Don't know why anyone would choose Law Enforcement...thankless and treacherous.

I guess the police departments will be hiring psychiatry graduates from here on...that appears to be what the "public" expects.
Deo Adjuvante Non Timendum - (with the help of God there is nothing to be afraid of)
Spectamur Agendo - (We are proven by our actions)
Non Ducor, Duco - (I am not led, I lead)
NRA Life Member
yukonjasper

Postby Bearcatrp on Wed Sep 18, 2019 4:16 pm

yukonjasper wrote:I was cringing at the news story with footage of the St Paul police meeting with citizens on the topic of recent violence and Officer involved shootings. One woman asked why they needed to shoot to kill, why couldn't they just shoot them in the arm or leg or knee or something.........

I guess the police departments will be hiring psychiatry graduates from here on...that appears to be what the "public" expects.

Saw that. She needs to go on a ride along and let her talk down someone with a weapon. Bet her mind will change will quick when the perp tries to kill her.
Bearcatrp

Postby xd ED on Wed Sep 18, 2019 4:42 pm

yukonjasper wrote:I was cringing at the news story with footage of the St Paul police meeting with citizens on the topic of recent violence and Officer involved shootings. One woman asked why they needed to shoot to kill, why couldn't they just shoot them in the arm or leg or knee or something.........

These are essentially the same people that say only the police should have guns. . . .except when the police actually use their guns.
LET'S GO BRANDON
xd ED

Postby Holland&Holland on Wed Sep 18, 2019 5:35 pm

Bearcatrp wrote:

Saw that. She needs to go on a ride along and let her talk down someone with a weapon. Bet her mind will change will quick when the perp tries to kill her.

Tries?
Holland&Holland

Previous

Return to General Gun Chat