Gander Lakeville

Gun related chat that doesn't fit in another forum

Re: Gander Lakeville

Postby xd ED on Sat Nov 30, 2019 1:15 pm

atomic41 wrote:

You should be thankful they allow you to shop there ;)[/quote]

Yeah the new CEO said that if you voted for Trump to stay out of his stores. Ok, no arguments from me...I will never spend another penny there.[/quote]

Don't think I heard about the CEO's comments; good to know...also read up on him a bit; seems he has a habit of making rash statements, and walking them back when they blow up in his face; both the remarks about Trump voters, and hunting big game....

Anti-hunting groups started a media firestorm when pictures of Trump’s sons, Eric and Donald Jr, after an African hunting trip came to light. They were pictured with an elephant, leopard, crocodile, kudu, civet cat and waterbuck. These pictures were the typical grip and grin pictures you see on most African Hunting websites, nothing out of the ordinary.

After the pictures were released Camping world, CEO Marcus Lemonis decided that he was pulling sponsorship from the show stating, “Celebrity Apprentice, wouldn’t spend another nickel with them.”

Lemonis adds, “I am totally disgusted by the [hunting] pics I have seen and was surprised to see them … Money is spent but wow I’m really shocked.”

At the time hunter pushed pack against Camping World and called for a boycott. In response Camping World issued this statement.

“To clarify our position, Camping World as America’s Largest Outdoor company, believes in personal freedom. In this country, people are free to choose. This issue at hand is not about whether people should be able to hunt or not. Our company is neither for nor against hunting. We are for personal choice and having people enjoy the outdoors in whatever fashion they choose. However, in our opinion, if and when the hunting of endangered species occurs, whether in the United States or abroad, it is not acceptable to even the most avid of hunters. We remain strong in our conviction of preserving the outdoors, protecting our great country’s lands and the freedom to choose. “

LET'S GO BRANDON
xd ED

Postby atomic41 on Sat Nov 30, 2019 1:52 pm

There are too many businesses fighting for my $$ that will offer great customer service and have competitive pricing. So I don't have a need to spend money at any store that wants to get political, especially if they support anti-American, anti-liberty, communists in the democrat party.
I mean seriously, you have to be better than your competition so alienating your customers by asking them to not shop your store if they don't think the way you want them to is a pretty stupid move and I have no patience for it.
atomic41

Postby Ghost on Sat Nov 30, 2019 2:43 pm

atomic41 wrote:
You should be thankful they allow you to shop there ;)

Yeah the new CEO said that if you voted for Trump to stay out of his stores. Ok, no arguments from me...I will never spend another penny there.

Trump may outlast his stores
Ghost

Postby Holland&Holland on Sun Dec 01, 2019 9:05 pm

atomic41 wrote:There are too many businesses fighting for my $$ that will offer great customer service and have competitive pricing. So I don't have a need to spend money at any store that wants to get political, especially if they support anti-American, anti-liberty, communists in the democrat party.
I mean seriously, you have to be better than your competition so alienating your customers by asking them to not shop your store if they don't think the way you want them to is a pretty stupid move and I have no patience for it.

Well it is Gander Mountain after all. Smarts are not something they stock.
Holland&Holland

Previous

Return to General Gun Chat