Who does barrel cutting

Gun related chat that doesn't fit in another forum

Re: Who does barrel cutting

Postby atomic41 on Sun Jan 05, 2020 11:48 am

Bearcatrp wrote:
OldmanFCSA wrote:what length gas system is on your barrel ???

Never built an upper so would have to say carbine length. Think I’ll just leave it as it and put my thermal on it. The weaver comment got me thinking. Have always bought uppers complete so I wouldn’t have to deal with issues. Since I have an empty lower after dumping the Grendel, maybe I’ll try putting one together after I get my Howa mini action put together I just got today.

You are going to need pistol length gas and I'm pretty sure it would cost you more to cut and thread anyway than it would be to just buy one. You mentioned you found one for 100, there are other options around that price if you shop sales.
atomic41

Postby Ghost on Sun Jan 05, 2020 3:53 pm

Bearcatrp wrote:
OldmanFCSA wrote:what length gas system is on your barrel ???

Never built an upper so would have to say carbine length. Think I’ll just leave it as it and put my thermal on it. The weaver comment got me thinking. Have always bought uppers complete so I wouldn’t have to deal with issues. Since I have an empty lower after dumping the Grendel, maybe I’ll try putting one together after I get my Howa mini action put together I just got today.

I think you should build one. I wouldn’t cut a barrel when you could just buy one for $50, see below. If it’s less than 16” you’ve got a pistol unless you pay for permission from the government to have an SBR.

https://www.bearcreekarsenal.com/bca-ar-15-barrel-10-5-4150-parkerized-heavy-barrel-300-blackout-pistol-length-gas-system-w-1-8-twist
Ghost

Postby Bearcatrp on Sun Jan 05, 2020 8:37 pm

Never ordered from them. Good company to deal with if issues arise? Thats the cheapest i've seen for a 10.5 barrel. Will wait though until I get the new bolt action together and shooting. Thanks for the info though.
Bearcatrp

Postby Ghost on Sun Jan 05, 2020 8:49 pm

Bearcatrp wrote:Never ordered from them. Good company to deal with if issues arise? Thats the cheapest i've seen for a 10.5 barrel. Will wait though until I get the new bolt action together and shooting. Thanks for the info though.

No idea, never bought from them. $50 is worth a try though.
Ghost

Previous

Return to General Gun Chat