Things that make you go GRRR...

Gun related chat that doesn't fit in another forum

Things that make you go GRRR...

Postby ex-LT on Sun Jun 28, 2020 9:56 am

I had the misfortune to listen in on a political solicitation call from the DFL endorsed candidate for the state House of Representatives (district 58A) yesterday. I sat politely by, ignoring her drivel, until she brought up "Gun Safety". When she mentioned that the majority of gun sales in Minnesota do not require a criminal background check, I almost lost it. However, instead of correcting her on the spot, I waited until after the phone call, got an email address off her campaign website (where I discovered that she is endorsed by Moms Demand Action, and Every Town for Gun Confiscation Safety), and sent her an email shredding her stance on gun RIGHTS and the Second Amendment. I also informed her that based solely on her anti Second Amendment stance, that no one in our household will support her candidacy.

At last check, I have not received a response from her (or her campaign), and I really don't care if I do.
DNR Certified Firearms Safety Instructor
NRA Certified Range Safety Officer
NRA Certified Instructor - Pistol, Rifle, and Shotgun
NRA Endowment Life Member
MN Gun Owners Caucus Life Member
Member Post 435 Gun Club
ex-LT
Inspector Gadget

Re: Things that make you go GRRR...

Postby Lumpy on Sun Jun 28, 2020 11:51 am

ex-LT wrote:At last check, I have not received a response from her (or her campaign),
Of course not, you're a "deplorable".
Lumpy

Postby bstrawse on Mon Jun 29, 2020 12:14 pm

ex-LT wrote:I had the misfortune to listen in on a political solicitation call from the DFL endorsed candidate for the state House of Representatives (district 58A) yesterday. I sat politely by, ignoring her drivel, until she brought up "Gun Safety". When she mentioned that the majority of gun sales in Minnesota do not require a criminal background check, I almost lost it. However, instead of correcting her on the spot, I waited until after the phone call, got an email address off her campaign website (where I discovered that she is endorsed by Moms Demand Action, and Every Town for Gun Confiscation Safety), and sent her an email shredding her stance on gun RIGHTS and the Second Amendment. I also informed her that based solely on her anti Second Amendment stance, that no one in our household will support her candidacy.

At last check, I have not received a response from her (or her campaign), and I really don't care if I do.

Erin Preese? She is not only endorsed by all the anti-gun groups, but she's also been one of their key volunteers in the state for the last several years.
Chair, Minnesota Gun Owners Caucus & Minnesota Gun Owners Political Action Committee - Join the Caucus TODAY
MN Permit to Carry Instructor| NRA Instructor | NRA Chief Range Safety Officer | Twitter | Facebook
bstrawse

Postby jdege on Mon Jun 29, 2020 12:41 pm

bstrawse wrote:Erin Preese? She is not only endorsed by all the anti-gun groups, but she's also been one of their key volunteers in the state for the last several years.

I thought they didn't have volunteers, only paid staff.
jdege

Postby ex-LT on Mon Jun 29, 2020 12:53 pm

bstrawse wrote:
ex-LT wrote:I had the misfortune to listen in on a political solicitation call from the DFL endorsed candidate for the state House of Representatives (district 58A) yesterday. I sat politely by, ignoring her drivel, until she brought up "Gun Safety". When she mentioned that the majority of gun sales in Minnesota do not require a criminal background check, I almost lost it. However, instead of correcting her on the spot, I waited until after the phone call, got an email address off her campaign website (where I discovered that she is endorsed by Moms Demand Action, and Every Town for Gun Confiscation Safety), and sent her an email shredding her stance on gun RIGHTS and the Second Amendment. I also informed her that based solely on her anti Second Amendment stance, that no one in our household will support her candidacy.

Erin Preese? She is not only endorsed by all the anti-gun groups, but she's also been one of their key volunteers in the state for the last several years.

Yes, Erin Preese.
DNR Certified Firearms Safety Instructor
NRA Certified Range Safety Officer
NRA Certified Instructor - Pistol, Rifle, and Shotgun
NRA Endowment Life Member
MN Gun Owners Caucus Life Member
Member Post 435 Gun Club
ex-LT
Inspector Gadget

Postby bstrawse on Mon Jun 29, 2020 9:46 pm

jdege wrote:
bstrawse wrote:Erin Preese? She is not only endorsed by all the anti-gun groups, but she's also been one of their key volunteers in the state for the last several years.

I thought they didn't have volunteers, only paid staff.

Erin is not paid staff, she was a volunteer
Chair, Minnesota Gun Owners Caucus & Minnesota Gun Owners Political Action Committee - Join the Caucus TODAY
MN Permit to Carry Instructor| NRA Instructor | NRA Chief Range Safety Officer | Twitter | Facebook
bstrawse

Return to General Gun Chat