Any Stock & Barrel club members?

Gun related chat that doesn't fit in another forum

Re: Any Stock & Barrel club members?

Postby Holland&Holland on Thu Jul 23, 2020 11:12 am

xd ED wrote:
mmcnx2 wrote:......air handling is strange, the draft pulls the smoke to the floor and through the shooters stall.....

So there's an even higher level of lead precipitate dust on the floor to track out of the room, as well clinging to pant legs and shoes....

Lead precipitate makes good base for hot sauce.
Holland&Holland

Postby speedy396 on Fri Jul 24, 2020 10:46 am

I’d also check out Modern Sportsman in Burnsville, too. The range looks pretty nice and supposedly one of the latest ventilation designs nationally according to the staff. Take that with a grain of salt, but it doesnlook nice. Have jot shot there. Nor sure what membership costs are. Abdullah Chocolates is next door to boot!
speedy396

Any Stock & Barrel club members?

Postby gun_fan111v2 on Fri Jul 24, 2020 3:34 pm

speedy396 wrote:I’d also check out Modern Sportsman in Burnsville, too. The range looks pretty nice and supposedly one of the latest ventilation designs nationally according to the staff. Take that with a grain of salt, but it doesnlook nice. Have jot shot there. Nor sure what membership costs are. Abdullah Chocolates is next door to boot!

Definitely a nice range, but with them renting guns out it is starting to feel more like Bill’s on the weekends...
gun_fan111v2

Postby linksep on Sun Jul 26, 2020 9:51 am

gman1868 wrote:Yeah, Mike Reilly was an interesting person. If he represented himself as the owner, that's not true. It's my understanding that Mike is no longer with the company.

Isn't he the wannabe Soda Popinski lookin' guy? If that's the guy I'm thinking of, he made a really bad impression on me when I overheard him making commissions at A.A. telling someone back in one of the panics between '12 and '14 that they "had to" spend 3x more on their optic than on their probably never to be fired ATI Omni or similarly low-end rifle. They weren't looking for a prairie-dog gun, they were buying their first gun out of bare-shelf recent mass-shooting guns are about to be banned panic.
Attachments
soda-popinski.jpg
Science: noun, Whatever answer will help to advance communism.
linksep

Postby grimbeaver on Mon Jul 27, 2020 10:58 am

speedy396 wrote:Abdullah Chocolates is next door to boot!

Let's hope that fancy ventilation system does not feed into the place next door then. Just made me think of Schlotzsky's in Edina. Good food but the place smells like the Firestone Auto next door.
grimbeaver

Postby hard h2o on Mon Jul 27, 2020 11:05 am

linksep wrote:
gman1868 wrote:Yeah, Mike Reilly was an interesting person. If he represented himself as the owner, that's not true. It's my understanding that Mike is no longer with the company.

Isn't he the wannabe Soda Popinski lookin' guy? If that's the guy I'm thinking of, he made a really bad impression on me when I overheard him making commissions at A.A. telling someone back in one of the panics between '12 and '14 that they "had to" spend 3x more on their optic than on their probably never to be fired ATI Omni or similarly low-end rifle. They weren't looking for a prairie-dog gun, they were buying their first gun out of bare-shelf recent mass-shooting guns are about to be banned panic.

I confirmed that he is a person who recently parted ways with a retail company I work for.
hard h2o

Postby Ghost on Thu Oct 08, 2020 6:32 pm

Question for members - if you have a membership can you bring a guest to share your lane?
Ghost

Postby MasonK on Sun Oct 11, 2020 9:56 am

Ghost wrote:Question for members - if you have a membership can you bring a guest to share your lane?

Nominal fee for guests.
MasonK

Postby Ghost on Sun Oct 11, 2020 1:21 pm

MasonK wrote:
Ghost wrote:Question for members - if you have a membership can you bring a guest to share your lane?

Nominal fee for guests.

I’ll have to stop over and check it out. How nominal is nominal?
Ghost

Postby MasonK on Tue Oct 13, 2020 9:01 am

Ghost wrote:
MasonK wrote:

Nominal fee for guests.

I’ll have to stop over and check it out. How nominal is nominal?

I think it was like $10-$15. I've never brought a guest, but they tried to charge me once for my for my kid even though she's on her Mom's account. Still better than SSP Rod and Gun where it's $25 each even when you share a lane.
MasonK

Previous

Return to General Gun Chat