Investing In BannedRrifles etc

Gun related chat that doesn't fit in another forum

Investing In BannedRrifles etc

Postby LarryP on Sat Aug 22, 2020 2:41 pm

Wondering if anyone is going to be" investing" in the guns,clips etc that the Democrats in WA are going to target next January? I'm assuming the prices of AK'S etc will be going up then. Ammo to if they ban online stores. Might be a good time now to tuck a few rifles away?
LarryP

Re: Investing In BannedRrifles etc

Postby Rip Van Winkle on Sat Aug 22, 2020 2:56 pm

Too late.

The panic buying has been in full swing for months now.
I will never apologize for being an American.
Post 435 Gun Club
North Star Rifle Club
cmpofficer@post435gunclub.org
48 down, Still in the hunt for a heavy!
President's Hundred (#48 2018)
Certified NRA RSO
Rip Van Winkle

Location: Unfashionable end of the western spiral arm, Galaxy Milky Way

Postby MJY65 on Sat Aug 22, 2020 5:01 pm

Not a very good investment if transferring them becomes illegal or Biden gets his way and they are NFA items.
MJY65

Postby Holland&Holland on Sat Aug 22, 2020 11:18 pm

Good luck finding any.
Holland&Holland

Postby linksep on Sun Aug 23, 2020 7:51 am

The prices of AKs are up seemingly 50% since last January (assuming you can find one at all). Too late. I have been waiting patiently for AK prices to come back down from the last panic and they were just approaching reasonable (in my opinion) then POW! Chinese Cold Virus + Riots = guns gone and prices up 50% by March.
Science: noun, Whatever answer will help to advance communism.
linksep

Postby Holland&Holland on Sun Aug 23, 2020 8:19 am

linksep wrote:The prices of AKs are up seemingly 50% since last January (assuming you can find one at all). Too late. I have been waiting patiently for AK prices to come back down from the last panic and they were just approaching reasonable (in my opinion) then POW! Chinese Cold Virus + Riots = guns gone and prices up 50% by March.

After Trump wins they will come down again.
Holland&Holland

Postby Ghost on Sun Aug 23, 2020 9:44 am

Holland&Holland wrote:
linksep wrote:The prices of AKs are up seemingly 50% since last January (assuming you can find one at all). Too late. I have been waiting patiently for AK prices to come back down from the last panic and they were just approaching reasonable (in my opinion) then POW! Chinese Cold Virus + Riots = guns gone and prices up 50% by March.

This
Ghost

Postby smurfman on Sun Aug 23, 2020 12:04 pm

Ghost wrote:
Holland&Holland wrote:

This

It is a nice thought but probably no longer valid. I dearly hope I'm wrong but I don't see things improving on the firearms side no matter who wins. There is too much fear of what may happen for a single election to change things for the better in many people's minds while that same election could cause a shift to the worse for others.

The riots will continue and probably ramp up, demands for social, financial, and justice reforms will intensify, and so called "problems" with Wuhan flu will continue with governors maintaining their dictatorial lockdowns on goods and services - I wouldn't be surprised if some things currently considered "essential" aren't reclassified after the elections.
smurfman

Postby Holland&Holland on Sun Aug 23, 2020 3:24 pm

smurfman wrote:
Holland&Holland wrote:

It is a nice thought but probably no longer valid. I dearly hope I'm wrong but I don't see things improving on the firearms side no matter who wins. There is too much fear of what may happen for a single election to change things for the better in many people's minds while that same election could cause a shift to the worse for others.

The riots will continue and probably ramp up, demands for social, financial, and justice reforms will intensify, and so called "problems" with Wuhan flu will continue with governors maintaining their dictatorial lockdowns on goods and services - I wouldn't be surprised if some things currently considered "essential" aren't reclassified after the elections.

No they won't. You can only burn down so much until you have burned up all your resources and have to move to a different area. Eventually they will try to burn down the wrong neighborhood and they do not have the fortitude for what that will take.
Holland&Holland

Postby Bearcatrp on Sun Aug 23, 2020 3:38 pm

Seems like the new world order has started.
Bearcatrp

Postby smurfman on Sun Aug 23, 2020 5:24 pm

Holland&Holland wrote:
smurfman wrote:
Holland&Holland wrote:After Trump wins they will come down again.

No they won't. You can only burn down so much until you have burned up all your resources and have to move to a different area. Eventually they will try to burn down the wrong neighborhood and they do not have the fortitude for what that will take.

"Eventually" is the key word and one that means after a long time and much trouble. I don't see next November being a long time from now, nor Janurary so do not see any reason for these riots to stop. I do not see political backing of these organizations disappearing any time soon either which is what allowed these "protests" to grow into the mess they are.

What you propose to happen is as concerning as what is happening now. Neither bodes well for the future and would usher in a very different way of life.
smurfman

Postby smurfman on Sun Aug 23, 2020 5:25 pm

Bearcatrp wrote:Seems like the new world order has started.

Unfortunately, I think you are right.
smurfman

Postby linksep on Sun Aug 23, 2020 6:08 pm

Yeah, assuming Trump wins and the senate doesn't flip...and assuming there are no "mass" shooting events: prices will come back down but it will take a year plus to clear the backlogs, then rebuild inventory to levels that will drive prices back down to what I'm willing to pay.
Science: noun, Whatever answer will help to advance communism.
linksep

Postby Holland&Holland on Sun Aug 23, 2020 8:09 pm

linksep wrote:

Yeah, assuming Trump wins and the senate doesn't flip...and assuming there are no "mass" shooting events: prices will come back down but it will take a year plus to clear the backlogs, then rebuild inventory to levels that will drive prices back down to what I'm willing to pay.

Yup. Buy low sell high.
Holland&Holland

Postby Holland&Holland on Sun Aug 23, 2020 8:15 pm

smurfman wrote:
"Eventually" is the key word and one that means after a long time and much trouble. I don't see next November being a long time from now, nor Janurary so do not see any reason for these riots to stop. I do not see political backing of these organizations disappearing any time soon either which is what allowed these "protests" to grow into the mess they are.

What you propose to happen is as concerning as what is happening now. Neither bodes well for the future and would usher in a very different way of life.

What allowed them to happen was week leaders who do not care about the effects to the average citizen or the cost to society.

I think you give the "protesters" too much credit.
Holland&Holland

Next

Return to General Gun Chat