Investing In BannedRrifles etc

Gun related chat that doesn't fit in another forum

Re: Investing In BannedRrifles etc

Postby linksep on Sun Aug 23, 2020 8:18 pm

smurfman wrote:"Eventually" is the key word and one that means after a long time and much trouble. I don't see next November being a long time from now, nor Janurary so do not see any reason for these riots to stop. I do not see political backing of these organizations disappearing any time soon either which is what allowed these "protests" to grow into the mess they are.

What you propose to happen is as concerning as what is happening now. Neither bodes well for the future and would usher in a very different way of life.

After the election, win or lose, Trump has nothing to lose so he can throw the ban-hammer hard and really use the insurrection act.
Science: noun, Whatever answer will help to advance communism.
linksep

Postby Ghost on Sun Aug 23, 2020 8:45 pm

linksep wrote:
smurfman wrote:"Eventually" is the key word and one that means after a long time and much trouble. I don't see next November being a long time from now, nor Janurary so do not see any reason for these riots to stop. I do not see political backing of these organizations disappearing any time soon either which is what allowed these "protests" to grow into the mess they are.

What you propose to happen is as concerning as what is happening now. Neither bodes well for the future and would usher in a very different way of life.

After the election, win or lose, Trump has nothing to lose so he can throw the ban-hammer hard and really use the insurrection act.

I would love to see it play out that way
Ghost

Postby smurfman on Sun Aug 23, 2020 10:28 pm

Holland&Holland wrote:
smurfman wrote:
"Eventually" is the key word and one that means after a long time and much trouble. I don't see next November being a long time from now, nor Janurary so do not see any reason for these riots to stop. I do not see political backing of these organizations disappearing any time soon either which is what allowed these "protests" to grow into the mess they are.

What allowed them to happen was week leaders who do not care about the effects to the average citizen or the cost to society.

I think you give the "protesters" too much credit.

And you seem to think that will all change if Trump is re-elected. The same "week" [sic] leaders will be in office or others just like them if not worse. The riots will continue and likely grow worse. Couple that with the production slow downs and/or stoppages due to the Chinese flu as governors attempt to add their influences to the mix. Without local support, there is not a lot the Federal government can do.

In any event, firearm prices aren't going to go down any time soon nor is the availability going to increase. The same will go for ammunition and reloading components. And it won't matter which side "wins" this fall just the reasons for the shortages will be different in some ways.
smurfman

Postby smurfman on Sun Aug 23, 2020 10:35 pm

Ghost wrote:
linksep wrote:

That is a fear of mine. Stopping such actions would probably mean gutting a major party and I am not sure that would be good either. Ending up with only one viable party with the majority of the power has not been a successful venture in other places. Saying that power wouldn't be abused is as likely as those wishing for a change to Communism believing that they can do it correctly. Absolute power corrupts absolutely has shown itself to be a very real prophecy no matter which end of the political system has the power.
smurfman

Postby linksep on Sun Aug 23, 2020 11:10 pm

smurfman wrote:
Ghost wrote:
linksep wrote:After the election, win or lose, Trump has nothing to lose so he can throw the ban-hammer hard and really use the insurrection act.

That is a fear of mine. Stopping such actions would probably mean gutting a major party and I am not sure that would be good either. Ending up with only one viable party with the majority of the power has not been a successful venture in other places. Saying that power wouldn't be abused is as likely as those wishing for a change to Communism believing that they can do it correctly. Absolute power corrupts absolutely has shown itself to be a very real prophecy no matter which end of the political system has the power.

Stopping such actions means arresting like 500 George Soros paid agitators nation-wide and prosecuting them as domestic terrorists with no plea deals to lesser charges. There is a super tiny number of people responsible for a huge majority of the destruction/fires/violence.

Screenshot_2020-08-24 Police seek 3 masked suspects in arson death of 5 members of a Senegalese family.png

Hey, you three, come firebomb my house and we'll see if you can out-run my new $24 .30-06. I can see 1 mile+ in every direction from my upstairs windows.
Science: noun, Whatever answer will help to advance communism.
linksep

Postby Holland&Holland on Mon Aug 24, 2020 7:17 am

smurfman wrote:
Holland&Holland wrote:
smurfman wrote:
"Eventually" is the key word and one that means after a long time and much trouble. I don't see next November being a long time from now, nor Janurary so do not see any reason for these riots to stop. I do not see political backing of these organizations disappearing any time soon either which is what allowed these "protests" to grow into the mess they are.

What allowed them to happen was week leaders who do not care about the effects to the average citizen or the cost to society.

I think you give the "protesters" too much credit.

And you seem to think that will all change if Trump is re-elected. The same "week" [sic] leaders will be in office or others just like them if not worse. The riots will continue and likely grow worse. Couple that with the production slow downs and/or stoppages due to the Chinese flu as governors attempt to add their influences to the mix. Without local support, there is not a lot the Federal government can do.

In any event, firearm prices aren't going to go down any time soon nor is the availability going to increase. The same will go for ammunition and reloading components. And it won't matter which side "wins" this fall just the reasons for the shortages will be different in some ways.

It changed on a dime every time. Go ahead and vote for Biden if you want.
Holland&Holland

Postby smurfman on Mon Aug 24, 2020 9:39 am

Holland&Holland wrote:It changed on a dime every time. Go ahead and vote for Biden if you want.

Attempt to discredit the messenger rather than the message is commonly seen as proof the message is true. Thanks for the tacit admission.

I'm decent at history but I am unaware of a situation such as this occurring in our history that changed for the better after a single election. If you referring to the 2016 election I believe that today's issues are the result of that election. If Trump wins it is a pipe dream the rioters are going to take their footballs and go home. Especially as they have the outright backing and support of government officials at nearly every other level of government. It is also unlikely the policies set in place in the individual states regarding Chinese flu will change if Trump is re-elected and I have little faith that some governors won't use their powers to "punish" their citizens if they vote "wrong". And this does not take into account the threats of various government entities The above will prevent gun and ammunition prices and availability from returning to normal in a relatively short time in the event of a Trump win.

If Biden wins, the riots will continue but for different reasons. With the backing of government at the highest levels there is no reason for them to stop. Biden has made the claim to tighten gun laws including the outright ban of some firearm types and placing limits and restrictions on other aspects of gun ownership. THAT will not cause an drop in the price or demand for forearms or ammunition.

Cracking down on dissidents, regardless of political side, is historically not a good outcome. A one party system has never turned out well for any but the highest levels. One only has to look at North Korea, Iran, Russia, Venezuela, California, New York City, Chicago, Minneapolis for examples. The best outcome would be similar to the Reconstruction Period in the South after the American Civil War but I don't think that is something I wish to see in this country again.

That I wish for a different outcome than the destruction of a political party is due to seeing it may come down to that and the historical examples are not pretty. There is no guarantee that one's preferred side will be victorious and victory can be as oppressive as defeat depending on the victors. I don't see this as a fist fight over a disagreement where the one is knocked down, settling the disagreement, then helped back up. Instead, I see one knocked to the ground and the boots being taken to them until the defeated is unable to resist - ever.

Forgive me for being so gloomy but I don't see pleasure in what looks inevitable. I don't see the coming fights as a good thing regardless of outcome. Like any family feud, it causes more problems than it solves.
smurfman

Postby smurfman on Mon Aug 24, 2020 9:47 am

linksep wrote:Stopping such actions means arresting like 500 George Soros paid agitators nation-wide and prosecuting them as domestic terrorists with no plea deals to lesser charges. There is a super tiny number of people responsible for a huge majority of the destruction/fires/.

I think it is past the time such arrests will make a positive difference. Maybe if the arrests were made by local and state officials in places such as Portland, Seattle, New York City, etc and lead to convictions with meaningful prison terms but that is unlikely at best. if done at the Federal level it would be adding fuel to the fire as it will be deemed political in nature. Actions such as proposed are what feeds a rebellion and turns it into a revolution. Look to our own country's history to see the proof of that.
smurfman

Postby Holland&Holland on Mon Aug 24, 2020 11:18 am

smurfman wrote:
Holland&Holland wrote:It changed on a dime every time. Go ahead and vote for Biden if you want.

Attempt to discredit the messenger rather than the message is commonly seen as proof the message is true. Thanks for the tacit admission.

I'm decent at history but I am unaware of a situation such as this occurring in our history that changed for the better after a single election. If you referring to the 2016 election I believe that today's issues are the result of that election. If Trump wins it is a pipe dream the rioters are going to take their footballs and go home. Especially as they have the outright backing and support of government officials at nearly every other level of government. It is also unlikely the policies set in place in the individual states regarding Chinese flu will change if Trump is re-elected and I have little faith that some governors won't use their powers to "punish" their citizens if they vote "wrong". And this does not take into account the threats of various government entities The above will prevent gun and ammunition prices and availability from returning to normal in a relatively short time in the event of a Trump win.

If Biden wins, the riots will continue but for different reasons. With the backing of government at the highest levels there is no reason for them to stop. Biden has made the claim to tighten gun laws including the outright ban of some firearm types and placing limits and restrictions on other aspects of gun ownership. THAT will not cause an drop in the price or demand for forearms or ammunition.

Cracking down on dissidents, regardless of political side, is historically not a good outcome. A one party system has never turned out well for any but the highest levels. One only has to look at North Korea, Iran, Russia, Venezuela, California, New York City, Chicago, Minneapolis for examples. The best outcome would be similar to the Reconstruction Period in the South after the American Civil War but I don't think that is something I wish to see in this country again.

That I wish for a different outcome than the destruction of a political party is due to seeing it may come down to that and the historical examples are not pretty. There is no guarantee that one's preferred side will be victorious and victory can be as oppressive as defeat depending on the victors. I don't see this as a fist fight over a disagreement where the one is knocked down, settling the disagreement, then helped back up. Instead, I see one knocked to the ground and the boots being taken to them until the defeated is unable to resist - ever.

Forgive me for being so gloomy but I don't see pleasure in what looks inevitable. I don't see the coming fights as a good thing regardless of outcome. Like any family feud, it causes more problems than it solves.

Wow, get grip dude. You read a lot into short comments online.
Holland&Holland

Previous

Return to General Gun Chat