Using Gun Broker

Gun related chat that doesn't fit in another forum

Using Gun Broker

Postby Holland&Holland on Fri Jan 30, 2009 4:03 pm

Those who have used Gun Broker.com, what are your thoughts on risk to the buyer? I am assuming that if the buyer has been on and active for a couple of years or more and he has good feedback it is a fairly safe bet, but just have never used them. I have ordered on-line in the past but only through gun dealers whom the FFL I use has a history with (typicaly other gun stores in other states). Now someone has an item that I really do not want to pass-up. Seem solid but wanted to get some feedback from this forum on expericances with this service.

Thanks
Holland&Holland

Re: Using Gun Broker

Postby hammAR on Fri Jan 30, 2009 4:05 pm

I have sold a number of items through them and they were upright and great to deal with. Never bought one through them....
All men are created equal....It's what they do from there that matters!.
hammAR

Postby Pat Cannon on Fri Jan 30, 2009 4:15 pm

I've bought through Gunbroker, though it was only a couple speedloaders and a speedloader pouch. It was trouble-free and a good deal.
Pat Cannon

Postby Belgiboy on Fri Jan 30, 2009 4:16 pm

I have bought 4 rifles (SMLE, K31, SKS and a Win 94) plus a Rock River AR upper. No complaints whatsoever, all were as described or even better. And I love Gunbroker as a resource for all that is gun-related, it is very handy sometimes to be able to look up what a particular gun is going for.
I have a Colt Python and you don't so what do I care...

Mom, Dad.... I'm Gaelic

http://www.zazzle.com/belgiboy/gifts
Belgiboy

Postby Stradawhovious on Fri Jan 30, 2009 4:16 pm

I have only purchased small ticket items through them with great results. I would have a hard time buying a bigger ticket item from a seller I didn't know anything about for a variety of reasons. Especially a firearm. Especially one I haven't handled first. My humble .02
If you're reading this, there are better than even odds you are a d-bag.
Stradawhovious

Postby Holland&Holland on Fri Jan 30, 2009 4:18 pm

Thank you to all three of you. It is as I thought but wanted to get some confirmation before I trust a seller. He has over 100 positive feedback in the last 6 months so he seems to do quite a bit of business and has been a member since 2001 so I guess it is a sure a bet as any.

Thank guys.
Holland&Holland

Postby Stradawhovious on Fri Jan 30, 2009 4:23 pm

If you are still leery of the situation you could always ask the seller about the use of a neutral third part escrow. It would certainly keep both parties honest, and give you peace of mind throughout the transaction.
If you're reading this, there are better than even odds you are a d-bag.
Stradawhovious

Postby Fast351 on Fri Jan 30, 2009 7:29 pm

I have bought several firearms through gunbroker, and never had any disappointments. All guns were in as good or better shape than described.

I generally find gun people pretty damn honest. I'm sure people do get screwed on Gunbroker, but I bet it's a whole lot less likely than on Ebay.

All positive rating since 2001 is a good indicator that the person is a good guy.
Fast351

Postby David on Sat Jan 31, 2009 1:46 pm

In addition to GunBroker, people may want to check out gunsamerica.com. It's different because it's not an auction site. I've gotten a couple of guns on there, as well as a lot of accessories, including some hard-to-find vintage stuff. And for some really fun stuff, check out subguns.com.
David

Postby Magnum Mikie on Sun Feb 01, 2009 8:28 am

Auction Arms is another online gun site. I prefer it over GB because there is no "15 minute" rule.
http://www.auctionarms.com/
Magnum Mikie

Postby DeanC on Sun Feb 01, 2009 9:02 am

I bought 2 guns through them and was really pleased. 2 different sellers. One gun was NIB and came exactly that way. The other was used, and came exactly as described.
Decrypt the points of departure and return your head slowly and you do not cancel your hair.
DeanC

Postby tullibee on Sun Feb 01, 2009 10:24 am

I've gotten a couple things - one pistol and an AR upper. both were wonderful transactions. I really didn't research too much - I forget how long they had been members, but both had positive feedback. Communication was great from both, and transactions went quickly and smoothly. The AR gentleman was local, so I was able to meet up and save the shipping costs and hassle. Also found another local FFL for the pistol transfer (I think for $20). I'd be wary of new member with no feedback, but it wouldn't absolutely rule out a purchase if it was something I really wanted - I'd just want good communication before sending any funds!
tullibee

Postby Tutmos on Sun Feb 01, 2009 2:23 pm

Ditto on Gun Broker. Purchased a Combat Masterpiece without any problems.
Tutmos

Postby MrVvrroomm on Mon Feb 02, 2009 11:31 am

All of my gunbroker.com transactions have gone smoothly. I have made more purchases through them than I care to share. LOL
May I assume you're not here to inquire about the alcohol or the tobacco?

Certified Glock Armorer

engnerdan wrote:First he beat me up on the price. Then he made me deliver it. Then he made me drive to Roseville to pick up my money.
MrVvrroomm
Changed

Postby Ironbear on Mon Feb 02, 2009 11:37 am

I've had no problem with GunBroker purchases. The only hitch I had, turned out to be a Post Office problem, not a seller problem.
"Justice and power must be brought together, so that whatever is just may be powerful, and whatever is powerful may be just.” ~Blaise Pascal~
Ironbear

Return to General Gun Chat