Remington Asset Bid Revealed

Gun related chat that doesn't fit in another forum

Remington Asset Bid Revealed

Postby ex-LT on Mon Sep 28, 2020 1:45 pm

Remington Asset Bids Revealed

The bankruptcy court still needs to approve the successful bids, but they are as follows:

• Vista Outdoor, Inc. as the Successful Bidder pursuant to the terms of the Asset Purchase Agreement attached hereto as Exhibit A with respect to the Lonoke Ammunitions Business and certain IP assets; and SIG Sauer, Inc. as the Backup Bidder thereto pursuant to the terms of the Asset Purchase Agreement attached hereto as Exhibit B with respect to the Lonoke Ammunitions Business;

• Roundhill Group, LLC as the Successful Bidder pursuant to the terms of the Asset Purchase Agreement attached hereto as Exhibit C with respect to the non-Marlin Firearms Business; and Huntsman Holdings, LLC and Century Arms, Inc. as the Backup Bidders thereto pursuant to the terms of the Asset Purchase Agreement attached hereto as Exhibit D with respect to certain Firearms Business IP assets and Exhibit E with respect to certain non-Marlin Firearms Business inventory, respectively;

• Sierra Bullets, L.L.C. as the Successful Bidder pursuant to the terms of the Asset Purchase Agreement attached hereto as Exhibit F with respect to the Barnes Ammunitions Business; and Barnes Acquisition LLC as the Backup Bidder thereto pursuant to the terms of the Asset Purchase Agreement attached hereto as Exhibit G with respect to the Barnes Ammunitions Business;

• Sturm, Ruger & Company, Inc. as the Successful Bidder pursuant to the terms of the Asset Purchase Agreement attached hereto as Exhibit H with respect to the Marlin Firearms Business; and Long Range Acquisition LLC as the Backup Bidder thereto pursuant to the terms of the Asset Purchase Agreement attached hereto as Exhibit I with respect to the Marlin Firearms Business;

• JJE Capital Holdings, LLC as the Successful Bidder with respect to the DPMS, H&R, Stormlake, AAC, and Parker brands;

• Franklin Armory Holdings, Inc., or its designated assignee, as the Successful Bidder with respect to the Bushmaster brand and certain related assets; and

• Sportsman’s Warehouse, Inc. as the Successful Bidder with respect to the Tapco brand.
DNR Certified Firearms Safety Instructor
NRA Certified Range Safety Officer
NRA Certified Instructor - Pistol, Rifle, and Shotgun
NRA Endowment Life Member
MN Gun Owners Caucus Life Member
Member Post 435 Gun Club
ex-LT
Inspector Gadget

Re: Remington Asset Bid Revealed

Postby BigBlue on Mon Sep 28, 2020 2:53 pm

Vista Outdoors is the parent of Federal. Happy to see that (as far as I can see) the ownership will stay within US companies. I thought I heard at one point a Chinese company was looking to buy Rem.

BB
BigBlue

Postby Ghost on Mon Sep 28, 2020 3:14 pm

Ruger buying Marlin cool
Ghost

Postby Holland&Holland on Mon Sep 28, 2020 7:38 pm

BigBlue wrote:Vista Outdoors is the parent of Federal. Happy to see that (as far as I can see) the ownership will stay within US companies. I thought I heard at one point a Chinese company was looking to buy Rem.

BB

Didn’t Federal and Vista split a few years ago? So technically Wasn’t Federal the parent company in that relationship? Federal ammunition is one of their business lines.

Looks like they are taking the ammo business, not sure that is the best for the industry long term.

I do like Ruger getting Marlin though.
Holland&Holland

Postby Ghost on Mon Sep 28, 2020 7:57 pm

Holland&Holland wrote:
BigBlue wrote:Vista Outdoors is the parent of Federal. Happy to see that (as far as I can see) the ownership will stay within US companies. I thought I heard at one point a Chinese company was looking to buy Rem.

BB

Didn’t Federal and Vista split a few years ago? So technically Wasn’t Federal the parent company in that relationship? Federal ammunition is one of their business lines.

Looks like they are taking the ammo business, not sure that is the best for the industry long term.

I’m thinking I may be able to finally get that 45-70 guide gun I’ve always wanted.
Ghost

Postby Holland&Holland on Mon Sep 28, 2020 8:23 pm

Ghost wrote:
Holland&Holland wrote:

BB

I’m thinking I may be able to finally get that 45-70 guide gun I’ve always wanted.

That would be sweet.
Holland&Holland

Postby BigBlue on Mon Sep 28, 2020 9:04 pm

Holland&Holland wrote:Didn’t Federal and Vista split a few years ago? So technically Wasn’t Federal the parent company in that relationship? Federal ammunition is one of their business lines.

Multiple news articles mention Vista as Federal's parent company.

https://www.bizjournals.com/twincities/ ... ories.html
BigBlue

Postby Holland&Holland on Mon Sep 28, 2020 9:38 pm

BigBlue wrote:
Holland&Holland wrote:Didn’t Federal and Vista split a few years ago? So technically Wasn’t Federal the parent company in that relationship? Federal ammunition is one of their business lines.

Multiple news articles mention Vista as Federal's parent company.

https://www.bizjournals.com/twincities/ ... ories.html

I guess when I think “Federal” I am thinking Federal ATK not just Federal ammo.
Holland&Holland

Postby grimbeaver on Tue Sep 29, 2020 4:56 am

No Vista was formed in a split from ATK back in 2015. Federal has always been part of it. I jokingly told my friend that now he can expect to find Top Gun in his Gun Club boxes. He was not happy about the prospect.
grimbeaver

Postby crbutler on Tue Sep 29, 2020 12:15 pm

I suspect the biggest reason for trying to acquire Remington’s ammo business is to increase their presence with running Lake City. They just lost the management to Winchester, and the feds rotate it amongst the big domestic ammo makers.

DOD is where they make big bucks, so that is sensible.

But if ATK decides to get rid of the last CF shotshell hull, there are going to be a lot of unhappy reloaders.
crbutler

Postby Holland&Holland on Tue Sep 29, 2020 4:51 pm

crbutler wrote:I suspect the biggest reason for trying to acquire Remington’s ammo business is to increase their presence with running Lake City. They just lost the management to Winchester, and the feds rotate it amongst the big domestic ammo makers.

DOD is where they make big bucks, so that is sensible.

But if ATK decides to get rid of the last CF shotshell hull, there are going to be a lot of unhappy reloaders.

Wouldn’t that be Vista not ATK?
Holland&Holland

Postby stonegraham on Thu Nov 05, 2020 9:13 am

Ruger buying marlin, thats cool
stonegraham
Scammer-banned

Return to General Gun Chat