Firearms price ranges

Gun related chat that doesn't fit in another forum

Firearms price ranges

Postby gun_fan111v2 on Thu Jan 07, 2021 11:28 pm

Lumpy wrote:Now I wish I'd held off a few days and tried to buy one locally. But I've already put a hefty down payment so I'm locked in.

Your call of course, but for things that may or may not come months later most stores will give a refund without much questions
gun_fan111v2

Re: Firearms price ranges

Postby hard h2o on Fri Jan 08, 2021 1:29 pm

Lumpy wrote:Okay, it's done: Springfield Saint Victor in .300BLK, 9" barrel. I'm looking at a six-month shipping time, which I fear may- one way or the other- be moot by that time.

Are you going suppressed with that?

Not sure about that chambering unless you are going to put a can on it.
hard h2o

Postby samginko on Fri Jan 08, 2021 1:59 pm

I know it's too late, but for information purposes parts can still be found online. I just built an 11 1/2" 5.56 upper for about $400. I could have built a 10.5" 300blk upper for about the same price. This did not include bcg and charging handle, but they can be found online for about $150.

I found most of what I needed from at3 tactical.com, but I could have used multiple vendors.

On a side note, if your are intending to suppress the uppers, I would look at gas piston uppers that gives suppressor mode or no cycle mode. Not only quieter, you don't get the gas in your face.
samginko

Postby crbutler on Fri Jan 08, 2021 3:53 pm

What do you mean by gas in your face?

I have a factory gas op AR pistol that I have shot suppressed a bit.

A bit more carbon to clean off the bolt? Sure.

Not sure why a certain type of piston op is better- maybe a bit cleaner, but safer and more reliable (for those who maintain things at least minimally) ? Not really seeing this- and I do own both...
crbutler

Previous

Return to General Gun Chat