ordered a new gun

Gun related chat that doesn't fit in another forum

ordered a new gun

Postby stonegraham on Thu Oct 29, 2020 3:42 pm

Seems like I haven't bought a gun in years. I reckon I was looking for something to pop up that caught my eye.....and it just did. I just ordered the Springfield Armory Ronin with the 4.25" barrel in 45ACP. After spending days and days looking at Commander size 1911's I discovered two things.
First of all, there don't seem to be many guns of any kind available. Damndest thing I ever saw.
Secondly, it takes quite a bit of study when deciding on which gun to buy. There really are several good choices in the Commander size 1911. Prices are being held at or even above MSRP. I felt good to get this for $50 under MSRP. Ammo is scarce as well. But, if all goes well, I should have the gun the end of this week, and I happen to have a few rounds of ammo at the house. Two friends of mine have recently bought new pistols and want to come to the house to shoot. I guess their purchases got my interest up. It has been fun and even tiring the last several days looking at so many guns.
stonegraham
Scammer-banned

ordered a new gun

Postby gun_fan111v2 on Thu Oct 29, 2020 4:36 pm

Congrats on your new 1911! What were your top 3 before you went with Springfield?

Here is some ammo if you don’t mind the price https://www.natchezss.com/federal-champ ... 00-ct.html
gun_fan111v2

Re: ordered a new gun

Postby wrench on Thu Oct 29, 2020 7:51 pm

Ooooooh new gun day! Congrats, we'll want a pic and a range report.
And welcome to the forum 8-)
Remember, gun control is not about guns, it's about control.
wrench

Re: ordered a new gun

Postby grimbeaver on Thu Oct 29, 2020 10:07 pm

When the Ronin was announced I told my local gun shop to let me know when they get a full size in 45 ACP in. Still waiting for one thanks to covid. But that's alright. Sure I could buy one online but not in a rush.
grimbeaver

Return to General Gun Chat