Armslist add (troll) Dems shopping on Armslist ??

Gun related chat that doesn't fit in another forum

Re: Armslist add (troll) Dems shopping on Armslist ??

Postby Holland&Holland on Sun Dec 13, 2020 10:58 am

Erud wrote:
westwood wrote:I flagged it right away. I urge everyone else to do the same.

Why?

Why not? It is a free market for now.
Holland&Holland

Postby Erud on Sun Dec 13, 2020 11:53 am

Holland&Holland wrote:
Erud wrote:

Why?

Why not? It is a free market for now.

I don’t know. I wouldn’t post an ad on arms list about it, but I can certainly understand the possible thinking behind it.
Erud

Postby LarryFlew on Sun Dec 13, 2020 4:17 pm

Also why? STUPID but legal in MN. If he finds someone dumber than he is he can legally do the purchase.
If you're having second thoughts you're two ahead of most Democrats
LarryFlew

Location: Hamburg, MN - CZ fan - Class of 66 - USAF 66-70 - NRA life since 1970

Postby LarryP on Sun Dec 13, 2020 10:54 pm

In this day & age we all need to take proper steps to be sure who we're selling a gun to. I would never sell a gun to someone with a ad like that

Erud wrote:Probably up to no good, but what does it say about us that we can’t stand the idea of someone purchasing a handgun without government permission? Should we really have a problem with this?
LarryP

Postby jdege on Sun Dec 13, 2020 11:44 pm

LarryFlew wrote:

Also why? STUPID but legal in MN. If he finds someone dumber than he is he can legally do the purchase.

Not necessarily legal.

https://www.revisor.mn.gov/statutes/cite/624.7132
§Subd. 14.Transfer to unknown party. (a) No person shall transfer a pistol or semiautomatic military-style assault weapon to another who is not personally known to the transferor unless the proposed transferee presents evidence of identity to the transferor.
(b) No person who is not personally known to the transferor shall become a transferee of a pistol or semiautomatic military-style assault weapon unless the person presents evidence of identity to the transferor.

(c) The evidence of identity shall contain the name, residence address, date of birth, and photograph of the proposed transferee; must be made or issued by or under the authority of the United States government, a state, a political subdivision of a state, a foreign government, a political subdivision of a foreign government, an international governmental or an international quasi-governmental organization; and must be of a type commonly accepted for the purpose of identification of individuals.

(d) A person who becomes a transferee of a pistol or semiautomatic military-style assault weapon in violation of this subdivision is guilty of a misdemeanor.

https://www.revisor.mn.gov/statutes/2020/cite/624.7141
624.7141 TRANSFER TO INELIGIBLE PERSON.
Subdivision 1.Transfer prohibited. A person is guilty of a gross misdemeanor who intentionally transfers a pistol or semiautomatic military-style assault weapon to another if the person knows that the transferee:
(1) has been denied a permit to carry under section 624.714 because the transferee is not eligible under section 624.713 to possess a pistol or semiautomatic military-style assault weapon;

(2) has been found ineligible to possess a pistol or semiautomatic military-style assault weapon by a chief of police or sheriff as a result of an application for a transferee permit or a transfer report; or

(3) is disqualified under section 624.713 from possessing a pistol or semiautomatic military-style assault weapon.

Subd. 2.Felony. A violation of this section is a felony if the transferee possesses or uses the weapon within one year after the transfer in furtherance of a felony crime of violence.
Subd. 3.Subsequent eligibility. This section is not applicable to a transfer to a person who became eligible to possess a pistol or semiautomatic military-style assault weapon under section 624.713 after the transfer occurred but before the transferee used or possessed the weapon in furtherance of any crime.
jdege

Postby Holland&Holland on Sun Dec 13, 2020 11:50 pm

LarryP wrote:In this day & age we all need to take proper steps to be sure who we're selling a gun to. I would never sell a gun to someone with a ad like that

Erud wrote:Probably up to no good, but what does it say about us that we can’t stand the idea of someone purchasing a handgun without government permission? Should we really have a problem with this?

Then don’t.
Holland&Holland

Postby Holland&Holland on Sun Dec 13, 2020 11:52 pm

jdege wrote:
LarryFlew wrote:

Not necessarily legal.

https://www.revisor.mn.gov/statutes/cite/624.7132
§Subd. 14.Transfer to unknown party. (a) No person shall transfer a pistol or semiautomatic military-style assault weapon to another who is not personally known to the transferor unless the proposed transferee presents evidence of identity to the transferor.
(b) No person who is not personally known to the transferor shall become a transferee of a pistol or semiautomatic military-style assault weapon unless the person presents evidence of identity to the transferor.

(c) The evidence of identity shall contain the name, residence address, date of birth, and photograph of the proposed transferee; must be made or issued by or under the authority of the United States government, a state, a political subdivision of a state, a foreign government, a political subdivision of a foreign government, an international governmental or an international quasi-governmental organization; and must be of a type commonly accepted for the purpose of identification of individuals.

(d) A person who becomes a transferee of a pistol or semiautomatic military-style assault weapon in violation of this subdivision is guilty of a misdemeanor.

https://www.revisor.mn.gov/statutes/2020/cite/624.7141
624.7141 TRANSFER TO INELIGIBLE PERSON.
Subdivision 1.Transfer prohibited. A person is guilty of a gross misdemeanor who intentionally transfers a pistol or semiautomatic military-style assault weapon to another if the person knows that the transferee:
(1) has been denied a permit to carry under section 624.714 because the transferee is not eligible under section 624.713 to possess a pistol or semiautomatic military-style assault weapon;

(2) has been found ineligible to possess a pistol or semiautomatic military-style assault weapon by a chief of police or sheriff as a result of an application for a transferee permit or a transfer report; or

(3) is disqualified under section 624.713 from possessing a pistol or semiautomatic military-style assault weapon.

Subd. 2.Felony. A violation of this section is a felony if the transferee possesses or uses the weapon within one year after the transfer in furtherance of a felony crime of violence.
Subd. 3.Subsequent eligibility. This section is not applicable to a transfer to a person who became eligible to possess a pistol or semiautomatic military-style assault weapon under section 624.713 after the transfer occurred but before the transferee used or possessed the weapon in furtherance of any crime.

So you know this person then?
Holland&Holland

Postby jdege on Mon Dec 14, 2020 1:39 am

Holland&Holland wrote:So you know this person then?

Exactly.

If you're selling a firearm to a stranger, and you don't see a driver's license and either a permit to carry or a permit to purchase, you're exposing yourself to some significant liability.
jdege

Postby Bearcatrp on Mon Dec 14, 2020 7:08 am

Thought Minnesota requires all semi auto pistols/rifles must go through a FFL to sell.
Bearcatrp

Postby jdege on Mon Dec 14, 2020 7:16 am

Bearcatrp wrote:Thought Minnesota requires all semi auto pistols/rifles must go through a FFL to sell.

That'd be news to me.
jdege

Postby LarryFlew on Mon Dec 14, 2020 9:10 am

jdege wrote:

Exactly.

If you're selling a firearm to a stranger, and you don't see a driver's license and either a permit to carry or a permit to purchase, you're exposing yourself to some significant liability.

No one said he wouldn't provide ID, just that he wanted to buy without the FFL hassle. No way to "know" he has a felony etc and if he provides the ID........................ Not required to have a PTC or PTP in MN which IMO is one of our better laws. Requiring those defeats the purpose of the law doesn't it? State doesn't even require that you do a receipt or keep his information although it may be smart to do so. You can even do the receipt and state MN Drivers License was his form of ID.
LarryFlew

Postby Holland&Holland on Mon Dec 14, 2020 4:42 pm

jdege wrote:

Exactly.

But all you HAVE to see is a DL or other government issued ID. So legal. Maybe stupid but legal. Right now, at least until Biden is sworn in we are still allowed to make our own decisions even if they are stupd.
Holland&Holland

Postby Holland&Holland on Mon Dec 14, 2020 4:44 pm

jdege wrote:
Bearcatrp wrote:Thought Minnesota requires all semi auto pistols/rifles must go through a FFL to sell.

That'd be news to me.

That would be not the case.
Holland&Holland

Postby samginko on Mon Dec 14, 2020 7:58 pm

Holland&Holland wrote:
jdege wrote:

That'd be news to me.

That would be not the case.

Holy cow!
samginko

Postby LarryFlew on Mon Dec 14, 2020 9:52 pm

Holland&Holland wrote:But all you HAVE to see is a DL or other government issued ID. So legal. Maybe stupid but legal. Right now, at least until Biden is sworn in we are still allowed to make our own decisions even if they are stupd.

And after that he will make our stupid decisions for us
LarryFlew

PreviousNext

Return to General Gun Chat