T-Mobile Censorship

Gun related chat that doesn't fit in another forum

Re: T-Mobile Censorship

Postby yukonjasper on Tue Feb 09, 2021 8:39 am

So, the fix is to log out and back in to get a new IP address that might not be diseased?
Deo Adjuvante Non Timendum - (with the help of God there is nothing to be afraid of)
Spectamur Agendo - (We are proven by our actions)
Non Ducor, Duco - (I am not led, I lead)
NRA Life Member
yukonjasper

Postby Erud on Tue Feb 09, 2021 8:42 am

I don't know how the Proton VPN app works, but on mine I can just select a different server or server region in the app.
Erud

Postby BigBlue on Tue Feb 09, 2021 10:00 am

yukonjasper wrote:So, the fix is to log out and back in to get a new IP address that might not be diseased?

That's certainly one thing to try. However, your phone and T-Mobile may cache assigned IPs so that it doesn't change them out for a certain period of time.

By the way, it wouldn't be 'log out', it would be disconnect from cell data service (i.e. go airplane mode) and reconnect.

The point is that sometimes it is out of your hands and out of T-Mobile's hands and isn't a malicious action, just a bad situation due to having $h1thead hackers out there in the world.
BigBlue

Postby linksep on Tue Feb 09, 2021 11:57 am

yukonjasper wrote:So, the fix is to log out and back in to get a new IP address that might not be diseased?

The two options are to turn off Proton VPN before you go to Sierra (so they can track you properly), or stop going to Sierra. I just turn off Proton if I want to look at NorthernTool.com on my phone.
Science: noun, Whatever answer will help to advance communism.
linksep

Postby Bearcatrp on Tue Feb 09, 2021 7:20 pm

Was in different parts of st cloud today. West side let me look at gun web sites. East side would not allow it!
Bearcatrp

Previous

Return to General Gun Chat