T-Mobile Censorship

Gun related chat that doesn't fit in another forum

Re: T-Mobile Censorship

Postby rtk on Fri Jan 29, 2021 3:52 pm

yukonjasper wrote:This is strange. I have been getting blocked on and off. I haven't been able to figure out any pattern. Definitely when I am on T mobile network, but on that now and this morning with mostly good access. Yesterday was spotty. Anyway good information from you guys.

I have noticed the same thing.
The sky is falling, the sky is falling....(Chicken Little)
rtk

Postby BigDog58 on Fri Jan 29, 2021 7:55 pm

I have T-Mobile and have checked into this and the other Minnesota Gun website, and I've had No Issues with either. Also checked Armslist and Gunbroker, No I issues with either.

I turned off my Wi-Fi to make sure I was utilizing T-Mobile access points.
NRA RSO
"Never anger a man that can end you, from another zip code

If necessary to fight, I will Fight like I'm the 3rd Monkey on the ramp to Noah's Arc, and brother, it's starting to rain.
BigDog58

Postby Bearcatrp on Fri Jan 29, 2021 8:58 pm

Bearcatrp

Postby BigDog58 on Fri Jan 29, 2021 9:12 pm

Bearcatrp wrote:Try this bigdog.

http://www.300blktalk.com/forum/index.php

No issues at all. I'm not a member, but I am able to read any of the posts
NRA RSO
"Never anger a man that can end you, from another zip code

If necessary to fight, I will Fight like I'm the 3rd Monkey on the ramp to Noah's Arc, and brother, it's starting to rain.
BigDog58

Postby Bearcatrp on Sat Jan 30, 2021 5:12 pm

Mine seems to work ok today. Still think this issue is a test before the dems go full retard and block anything they deem necessary.
Bearcatrp

Postby linksep on Sun Jan 31, 2021 10:30 pm

xd ED wrote:
linksep wrote:
yukonjasper wrote:Are there any downside risks with using a service like Proton?

You can't get to NorthernTool.com from your phone, it says "this website is not available in your country" or some such nonsense.

Might there also be issues with a site like GunBroker?
I recall Seismic Sam lamenting about the fact GunBroker would not let him enter a bid because he was indeed out of the country at the time.

Proton has servers in 54 countries. You can make it appear you are nearly anywhere in the world. If you're in Ireland and want to bid on stuff on gunbroker just pick the USA as your exit server and gunbroker will think you're in Chicago. If you're in the USA and you want to look up Tulsey Gabbard the day after the first Democrat debate you'd have to choose literally any non-North American server to find her campaign videos on Youtube or search for articles about her on Google because Google (which owns Youtube) shadow-banned her in the USA but her videos and news articles were easily found on the front page of search results in any non-North American country.
Science: noun, Whatever answer will help to advance communism.
linksep

Postby Bearcatrp on Mon Feb 08, 2021 9:07 am

I see this crap started up again today. Can get this site but won't let me see 300BLK forum.
Bearcatrp

Postby yukonjasper on Mon Feb 08, 2021 12:04 pm

It comes and goes with me. I did download the Proton app. Went with the free version at first to try it out. I don't quite understand the color coding and the percentages showing for the different servers....so, we will see.

Mostly working off my home wifi network, so don't know if I am getting any real benefit from that.
Deo Adjuvante Non Timendum - (with the help of God there is nothing to be afraid of)
Spectamur Agendo - (We are proven by our actions)
Non Ducor, Duco - (I am not led, I lead)
NRA Life Member
yukonjasper

Postby yukonjasper on Mon Feb 08, 2021 5:56 pm

So, home wifi, Proton on with server out of Chicago. Click on an email link from Sierra- clothing retailer. Access denied. Turn off Proton and in I go. What gives?
Deo Adjuvante Non Timendum - (with the help of God there is nothing to be afraid of)
Spectamur Agendo - (We are proven by our actions)
Non Ducor, Duco - (I am not led, I lead)
NRA Life Member
yukonjasper

Postby linksep on Mon Feb 08, 2021 10:19 pm

yukonjasper wrote:It comes and goes with me. I did download the Proton app. Went with the free version at first to try it out. I don't quite understand the color coding and the percentages showing for the different servers....so, we will see.

Mostly working off my home wifi network, so don't know if I am getting any real benefit from that.

Percentages are percent of that node's capacity that is currently used so lower is better.
linksep

Postby linksep on Mon Feb 08, 2021 10:23 pm

yukonjasper wrote:So, home wifi, Proton on with server out of Chicago. Click on an email link from Sierra- clothing retailer. Access denied. Turn off Proton and in I go. What gives?

linksep wrote:
yukonjasper wrote:Are there any downside risks with using a service like Proton?

You can't get to NorthernTool.com from your phone, it says "this website is not available in your country" or some such nonsense.

Apparently Sierra also blocks VPNs.
linksep

Postby Holland&Holland on Mon Feb 08, 2021 10:40 pm

Can’t wait for this whole inter web thing to implode.
Holland&Holland

Postby Bearcatrp on Tue Feb 09, 2021 6:05 am

Holland&Holland wrote:Can’t wait for this whole inter web thing to implode.

Think its already starting. Shutting down web sites the Dems don't like. Am waiting on AR15.com to go dark, then the smaller gun sites will be cut off soon after.
Bearcatrp

Postby Erud on Tue Feb 09, 2021 6:43 am

yukonjasper wrote:So, home wifi, Proton on with server out of Chicago. Click on an email link from Sierra- clothing retailer. Access denied. Turn off Proton and in I go. What gives?

You’ll get that occasionally when using a VPN. Websites want to track you, and many will block IP addresses for VPN servers when they find them. Even on this site I will occasionally get a message that says “You have been permanently banned from this site”. Switching to a different server generally fixes it.
Erud

Postby BigBlue on Tue Feb 09, 2021 7:55 am

One other thing that can lead to random blocking like this is a hosting site's blocklist/security. Often hosts will use a 3rd party list of 'bad actor' IPs to decide who to allow through or blacklist (deny access to). Sometimes an IP or a subnet (IP range) from an ISP (a cell provider is an ISP) gets flagged due to suspicious activity and gets added to the blacklist. Later, your phone gets that IP or an IP from the range and hosts (web sites) block traffic because of it. But if you get lucky and get your phone's IP from another part of our cell provider's range or another one of their datacenters then you get through. These situations can be really challenging to deal with because really it is the ISP that has to request to have the IP(s) removed from the blacklist.

TLDR; Sometimes your phone inadvertently gets an IP address someone previously crapped on and you pay the price. It's not always proactive filtering by your provider.
BigBlue

PreviousNext

Return to General Gun Chat