Announcement from Sportsman's Warehouse

Gun related chat that doesn't fit in another forum

Announcement from Sportsman's Warehouse

Postby Stugotz on Tue Jan 18, 2022 3:32 pm

"To our valued customers,

A year ago, Sportsman’s Warehouse entered into a merger agreement with Great American Outdoors, parent company of Cabela’s and Bass Pro Shops. Effective December 2, 2021, that merger agreement was terminated. We at Sportsman’s Warehouse are excited to continue operating as a separate, independent and publicly-traded company (NASDAQ: SPWH).

As we enter 2022, we look forward to continuing our strong growth – adding more stores, improving Sportsmans.com, and expanding our product assortment and services. Our mission to provide outstanding gear and exceptional service remains unchanged.

Gear up for unforgettable!"
Speed is Fine, Accuracy is final....but accurate hits at extremely high speed is final much faster.
I don't think you understand, these boys killed my dog!
Taking the gun off safe increases the velocity by 100%
Stugotz

Re: Announcement from Sportsman's Warehouse

Postby Sorcerer on Tue Jan 18, 2022 7:21 pm

That’s a good thing. When Cabelas was sucked up their prices went up to Bass Pro’s.
Sorcerer

Postby Holland&Holland on Tue Jan 18, 2022 7:54 pm

Sorcerer wrote:That’s a good thing. When Cabelas was sucked up their prices went up to Bass Pro’s.

And their quality and service went down.
Holland&Holland

Postby Bearcatrp on Tue Jan 18, 2022 8:33 pm

Smart move. Cabelas was stupid to merge with bass pro.
Bearcatrp

Postby Holland&Holland on Tue Jan 18, 2022 9:24 pm

Bearcatrp wrote:Smart move. Cabelas was stupid to merge with bass pro.

Oh I doubt that. Cabelas was privately owned at the time I believe and the sale price if I recall correctly started with a 5 and had a B behind it so... I would not call that "stupid".
Holland&Holland

Postby hard h2o on Wed Jan 19, 2022 12:00 pm

There were some shady business practices on the part of Cabela's that left them in a bad position. If not for BPS buying them they would be out of business.

I worked at Cabela's and worked the customer service and hunting departments. Yes it was better under Cabela's policies.
hard h2o

Postby Holland&Holland on Wed Jan 19, 2022 12:52 pm

hard h2o wrote:

There were some shady business practices on the part of Cabela's that left them in a bad position. If not for BPS buying them they would be out of business.

I worked at Cabela's and worked the customer service and hunting departments. Yes it was better under Cabela's policies.

I doubt that a company that sold for $5.5 billion was close to going under.
Holland&Holland

Postby mmcnx2 on Thu Jan 20, 2022 8:47 am

Cabela's was no where near going under. The private owners wanted to cash out, having $5B in one asset is just bad financial planning. Happens all the time. Now that said BP has destroyed the Cabela's brand, the service, store layout and selection is beyond a joke. The Rogers store looks like a ghost town. Scheels is handing them their butt in the Midwest market. I was a huge Cabela's guy, spent thousands in the place every year between fishing and hunting stuff. I've spent maybe $100 since the BP change over has been fully implemented in Rogers.
mmcnx2

Postby Holland&Holland on Thu Jan 20, 2022 8:57 am

mmcnx2 wrote:Cabela's was no where near going under. The private owners wanted to cash out, having $5B in one asset is just bad financial planning. Happens all the time. Now that said BP has destroyed the Cabela's brand, the service, store layout and selection is beyond a joke. The Rogers store looks like a ghost town. Scheels is handing them their butt in the Midwest market. I was a huge Cabela's guy, spent thousands in the place every year between fishing and hunting stuff. I've spent maybe $100 since the BP change over has been fully implemented in Rogers.

This
Holland&Holland

Return to General Gun Chat