Coin purse?

Gun related chat that doesn't fit in another forum

Coin purse?

Postby Drizzle on Wed Jan 18, 2023 5:50 pm

Can anyone refer me to the statute that goes toward carrying a coin purse with a handle and a zipper, with, say, quarters inside?

Obviously is there's other kinds of items you could carry that would work the same way, but I'm reluctant to mention that sort of thing directly. Thanks.
Drizzle

Re: Coin purse?

Postby rtk on Wed Jan 18, 2023 6:45 pm

Be a man and get a Fanny pack.
The sky is falling, the sky is falling....(Chicken Little)
rtk

Postby Erud on Wed Jan 18, 2023 8:52 pm

It’s 2023, you can carry whatever type of purse you like, ma’am.
Erud

Postby Sorcerer on Thu Jan 19, 2023 2:46 pm

A former member here sead “2 D cell batteries in a sock worked really well. Air port security didn’t blink. Most everything is a thing, until it’s used as a defensive weapon.
Sorcerer

Postby Lumpy on Thu Jan 19, 2023 9:17 pm

It might fall under https://www.revisor.mn.gov/statutes/2022/cite/609.66 Dangerous Weapons (isn't that an oxymoron?)

(3) manufactures or sells for any unlawful purpose any weapon known as a slungshot or sand club; or

(4) manufactures, transfers, or possesses metal knuckles or a switch blade knife opening automatically; or

(5) possesses any other dangerous article or substance for the purpose of being used unlawfully as a weapon against another;

ETA: the provisions about "unlawfully" and "unlawful purpose" make me suspect that the statute is mainly intended to be applied to muggers and other assailants using improvised blackjacks. YMMV, depending on the police and prosecutors.
Lumpy

Postby xd ED on Thu Jan 19, 2023 9:26 pm

Sorcerer wrote:A former member here sead “2 D cell batteries in a sock worked really well. Air port security didn’t blink. Most everything is a thing, until it’s used as a defensive weapon.

This post helps me understand, and become more comfortable with this thread.
LET'S GO BRANDON
xd ED

Postby Drizzle on Fri Jan 20, 2023 5:00 pm

I guess I should restate; any law in MN anyone is aware of about carrying saps, blackjacks, or the like?
Drizzle

Postby bstrawse on Fri Jan 20, 2023 6:28 pm

Drizzle wrote:I guess I should restate; any law in MN anyone is aware of about carrying saps, blackjacks, or the like?

There is generally nothing at a state level. However, several cities have ordinances prohibiting possession and/or carry. Check carefully.

b
Chair, Minnesota Gun Owners Caucus & Minnesota Gun Owners Political Action Committee - Join the Caucus TODAY
MN Permit to Carry Instructor| NRA Instructor | NRA Chief Range Safety Officer | Twitter | Facebook
bstrawse

Return to General Gun Chat