Need a inexpensive gun safe?

Gun related chat that doesn't fit in another forum

Need a inexpensive gun safe?

Postby Bearcatrp on Wed Apr 03, 2024 11:45 am

Got mine at Home Depot for $219 with free delivery. Just got mine.
https://www.homedepot.com/p/STACK-ON-18 ... /206049208
Bearcatrp

Re: Need a inexpensive gun safe?

Postby Bearcatrp on Wed Apr 03, 2024 1:47 pm

Just to add, this is a bit flimsier than my green stack on I bought 10 years ago. The pins holding the door on when opening/closing were broke during shipment. Trying to get replacements but will jury rig it until then. With the BS law this state is about to pass for gun safes, this cheap one will fit the bill. Have to put it together, the inside. Still not bad for the price.
Bearcatrp

Postby Lumpy on Wed Apr 03, 2024 2:26 pm

How do you guys bolt down your safes? It's not secure if burglars could just wheel it out on a dolly to crack later at their leisure.
Lumpy

Postby Bearcatrp on Wed Apr 03, 2024 4:54 pm

If they want it bad enough, nothing will stop them getting it. Bolt it to a wall and they will rip it out damaging the wall. I just put enough weight in mine to make sure it will take 2 to 3 idiots to move it. Another thing. Unless you live in a heavy crime area, if someone breaks in and goes only after your safe, someone told them what’s inside.
Bearcatrp

Postby daleamn on Thu Apr 04, 2024 10:40 am

I just put enough weight in mine to make sure it will take 2 to 3 idiots to move it.

OF COURSE!!!
THAT'S why I had to buy my shotgun---and whatever I decide to get in the future. To put more weight in the safe!!!
Brilliant.
Thank you.
daleamn

Postby westhope on Thu Apr 04, 2024 2:56 pm

daleamn wrote:
I just put enough weight in mine to make sure it will take 2 to 3 idiots to move it.

OF COURSE!!!
THAT'S why I had to buy my shotgun---and whatever I decide to get in the future. To put more weight in the safe!!!
Brilliant.
Thank you.

That theory only works until your current safe is full and you just must have another gun and the additional safe to keep it in. But then you need to “weight” that new safe down again with more guns.

(I’m on my third safe now.)
Because I care, I carry.
westhope

Postby Holland&Holland on Thu Apr 04, 2024 7:05 pm

westhope wrote:
daleamn wrote:

OF COURSE!!!
Brilliant.
Thank you.

That theory only works until your current safe is full and you just must have another gun and the additional safe to keep it in. But then you need to “weight” that new safe down again with more guns.

(I’m on my third safe now.)

One can do like my oldest son and put it in a basement where you have to remove the door and frame to get it in. Sure, they may get it back out with 4 guys and a saws all but they will be at it for awhile.
Holland&Holland

Postby xd ED on Fri Apr 05, 2024 6:39 am

Lumpy wrote:How do you guys bolt down your safes? It's not secure if burglars could just wheel it out on a dolly to crack later at their leisure.

One simple, and clever plan I heard about was to lay 2 large timbers (4x4, 6x6, etc) lengthwise in a closet, and bolt the safe to the timbers. the timbers would have to be cut to get the locked safe out.
If time, and money is not an issue, order a Zanotti.
It's a modular safe that could be moved, piece by piece to almost anywhere in a building, and then assembled at that location....
z2-jpeg-600dpi-768x593.jpg
z2-jpeg-600dpi-768x593.jpg (7.64 KB) Viewed 568 times
LET'S GO BRANDON
xd ED

Return to General Gun Chat