Old lever gun ‘smith needed

Gun related chat that doesn't fit in another forum

Old lever gun ‘smith needed

Postby Bergie on Fri May 10, 2024 6:55 am

I have an old Win 94 Centennial that was super rusty, so I disassembled the thing, soaked the barreled action in rust release, and now I have a million parts and a pitted unblued barrel still attached to a gold action.
I’m done.
I’m looking for someone to finish it off and reassemble it so I can sell it. Kobe doesn’t work on lever guns so he’s not an option. Anyone local that can be recommended to get this job done for me? (Will need a little more derust work, reblue of barrel and the rubiks cube of parts put back in.)(inexpensively)
Bergie

Re: Old lever gun ‘smith needed

Postby crbutler on Fri May 10, 2024 11:43 am

I think most gunsmith shops can accomplish that…. If you leave out the last word.

You are better off selling it at a gun show as a project/parts gun.

You are undoubtedly losing money now, and the more you put in, the more you lose.

With the exception of collector arms, lever guns are just not worth a lot.
crbutler

Postby Holland&Holland on Sat May 11, 2024 9:46 am

I would think Ahlman's would be a good bet to get it back together for you. IF you wanted to sink more money into it but I agree with the above.
Holland&Holland

Postby Bergie on Mon May 13, 2024 8:38 pm

OP here- I checked w/Flint and he said no. But he also said Ahlmans. I bought three long guns at an auction a couple years back- a 94 in 32 spec, an old 870 and the Centennial. The auction house said they were “sheer junk” and I was basically the only one interested. So by refinishing and selling the .32 I’ve already made my money back on the lot. So it all depends on how much I spend to blue/assemble the Centennial.
Bergie

Return to General Gun Chat