Anybody going to the gun show this weekend?

Gun related chat that doesn't fit in another forum

Anybody going to the gun show this weekend?

Postby Magnum Mikie on Sat Mar 21, 2009 7:26 am

I'm thinking about going to the MWCA show at the fairgrounds today. I thought I read somewhere that MWCA doesn't allow anyone except cops to carry in the show. Is this true?
Magnum Mikie

Re: Anybody going to the gun show this weekend?

Postby Ironbear on Sat Mar 21, 2009 7:31 am

Magnum Mikie wrote:I thought I read somewhere that MWCA doesn't allow anyone except cops to carry in the show. Is this true?

Yes. You can carry, just not loaded... your gun that is...
"Justice and power must be brought together, so that whatever is just may be powerful, and whatever is powerful may be just.” ~Blaise Pascal~
Ironbear

Postby jackson1911 on Sat Mar 21, 2009 7:35 am

I've been to the show while armed and all they do is ask you to unload and they will strap (zip tie?) the gun. They asked me to go outside the building to unload. MIght be a good idea to unload first.

Jack
jackson1911

Postby mnglocker on Sat Mar 21, 2009 11:41 am

Cover it up and STFU.
-Get a rope Tuco.
What happens in the basement stays in the basement.

http://www.ronpaul2012.com/
mnglocker

Postby macphisto on Sat Mar 21, 2009 11:44 am

mnglocker wrote:Cover it up and STFU.

+1
macphisto

Postby 1911fan on Sat Mar 21, 2009 11:59 am

seeing the only one perfessunal enuf to carry a loaded gun at the show, managed to have a ND the last time, I think the hundred thousand or so carrying patrons over the last many year pretty much shows keep it in your pants and your be ok.
1911fan

Postby Magnum Mikie on Sat Mar 21, 2009 1:47 pm

macphisto wrote:

+1

Hey Matt,
I decided to go to Cabellas instead of the gun show. I figure I'd rather spend money at businesses that honor my legal right to carry. I doubt I'll be going to any MWCA gun shows in the future unless they get their priorities straight. A gun show, of all places, should be the last place to prohibit legally armed patrons. JMHO
Magnum Mikie

Postby MNShooter on Sat Mar 21, 2009 7:29 pm

Magnum Mikie wrote:
macphisto wrote:

+1

Hey Matt,
I decided to go to Cabellas instead of the gun show. I figure I'd rather spend money at businesses that honor my legal right to carry. I doubt I'll be going to any MWCA gun shows in the future unless they get their priorities straight. A gun show, of all places, should be the last place to prohibit legally armed patrons. JMHO

very good point
MNShooter

Postby MaddMedic on Sat Mar 21, 2009 8:24 pm

Went
Carried my weapon on my hip where it belongs, no problem.
Bought some ammo, what I could find!! :|
Bought a few other items. :D
Met some nice folks and chatted with a number of them. :)
Met the owner of the Frontiersman. Decent sort, pleasant to chat with.
Lots of stuff and lots of folks there.
MaddMedic

Postby mnmike59 on Sat Mar 21, 2009 8:55 pm

This show was a joke IMHO. the isles were so narrow that people could not be standing at the tables with room for people to pass by. The outer ring wasn't that bad, but inside the coliseum ring. :shock: :o
Never again!
"Just remember boys, this is America. Just because you get more votes it doesn't mean you win."
Fox Mulder.
mnmike59

Postby onebohemian on Sat Mar 21, 2009 9:00 pm

mnmike59 wrote:This show was a joke IMHO. the isles were so narrow that people could not be standing at the tables with room for people to pass by. The outer ring wasn't that bad, but inside the coliseum ring. :shock: :o
Never again!

+1000
Mark

"Edited to remove prohibited content."(2009).

"It turns out that what you have is less important than what you do with it." (In honor of 'Goalie,' 2013).
onebohemian

Postby ComradeBurg on Sat Mar 21, 2009 9:16 pm

I went today and carried my gun. Out of sight out of mind is my motto there.

But yes it was crowded and hard to move around. Heck if there were handguns on a table good luck getting in there to look at them. The same went for any table selling "assault weapons." On the upside it did die down a bit during the afternoon. At least the outer ring was easier to navigate.

I did manage to chat with several nice people and help a couple others out. There are a lot of new gun owners out there I've learned and it felt good being able to guide them a bit.

I also managed to find an AK-47 (more precisely a converted Saiga) for a really good price (these days). But it took me several hours to find it.
Check out my Truth About Guns podcast at http://truthaboutguns.com/

Also check out my blog at http://blog.christopherburg.com/
ComradeBurg

Postby Holland&Holland on Sat Mar 21, 2009 9:33 pm

I frankly find the behavior disturbing of those who have stated that they indeed carried when it clearly was posted. What message are you sending to those who would take our rights away? If you do not like the terms, then do not participate. I can and do support an ethos of not supporting business that post, that is how you make your statement.
Holland&Holland

Postby plblark on Sat Mar 21, 2009 10:06 pm

It was clearly posted? Really?You;d think we had a law which clearly specified the exact verbage and placement / font / etc ... None of those signs around. They want to have their cake and eat it too.
private or small grou permit classes available
"I'll take a huge order of fiscal responsibility, a side of small government, hold the religion please. " Paraphrase from Tamara K
RIP 1911Fan
plblark

Postby Holland&Holland on Sat Mar 21, 2009 10:13 pm

plblark wrote:It was clearly posted? Really?You;d think we had a law which clearly specified the exact verbage and placement / font / etc ... None of those signs around. They want to have their cake and eat it too.

I did not go to the one at the state fair grounds but I did attend the last one at the convention center and it was quite clear and up front. Furthermore while I will not debate you one the "law" I find your attitude rude and insulting. Clearly the members who posted above knew they were doing so against the wishes of the organizers of the event. That is just wrong and send the wrong message. It states that we who carry concealed will not respect your wishes and will use every loophole we know to circumnavigate them. No wonder there is a strong contingent who wants to take them away from us. I am a gun guy who loves his right to bear arms, but I also realize that every action I take within that right may be scrutinized and judged by others some of whom might not want me to continue to enjoy that right. It is our actions that in the end dictate our fate.
Holland&Holland

Next

Return to General Gun Chat