Looking for good home for Black Lab

Sell anything here, doesn't have to be firearm related

Re: Looking for good home for Black Lab

Postby Widge on Wed Dec 16, 2009 5:34 pm

What's he like in cars? If I took him, he'd have to come to work with me in the squad.
I got a fever, and the only prescription... is more cowbell!
Widge

Postby JJ on Wed Dec 16, 2009 8:39 pm

Mack is great in the car/truck. My dad put him in the back seat of the truck every weekend coming and going from the lake. He may jump into the front seat if given the opportunity :)
"a man's rights rest in three boxes: the ballot box, the jury box, and the cartridge box." Frederick Douglass
JJ

Postby Widge on Wed Dec 16, 2009 11:02 pm

Keep looking, but I'll work on the wife a bit and see if I can't persuade her. I think she may be weakening ;)
I got a fever, and the only prescription... is more cowbell!
Widge

Postby infidel on Thu Dec 17, 2009 3:37 am

Sounds like it would be a great life for a dog. What dog doesn't want to go for a ride? Good luck with the Mrs, Widge!
“If you have a problem, if no one else can help, and if you can find them, maybe you can hire the A-Team.” - John Ashley

Disclaimer: Do not assume from this post, that I either agree or disagree with any other issue brought up in this thread.
infidel

Postby fatbob on Thu Dec 17, 2009 7:03 am

Oh.... I'm so tempted!!! My 13 year old black lab, that I got as a pup, passed away a few months ago. It's been killing me to not have a dog around. My lab was gun shy as well (pretty much exactly as you described), but he was the best dog. I just showed my wife your post and she got all sad too. I'll be thinking about this all day today, but I'm just not sure if I'm ready for a new dog yet.
fatbob

Postby ttousi on Thu Dec 17, 2009 8:14 am

fatbob wrote:Oh.... I'm so tempted!!! My 13 year old black lab, that I got as a pup, passed away a few months ago. It's been killing me to not have a dog around. My lab was gun shy as well (pretty much exactly as you described), but he was the best dog. I just showed my wife your post and she got all sad too. I'll be thinking about this all day today, but I'm just not sure if I'm ready for a new dog yet.

Sure you are .............what a great Christmas present.
If I didn't have two already he would already have a new home............go for it
MN Permit Instructor
http://www.tomtgun.com
NRA Training Counselor/Instructor (Pistol, Rifle, Shotgun, Personal Protection)
DNR FAS Instructor

"I am not going to be intimidated by some punk with a moderator button."-darkwolf45
ttousi

Postby plblark on Thu Dec 17, 2009 8:22 am

fatbob,

Think what a great home you can provide for this family friendly dog. He may never replace your lost friend in your heart but he'll sure fill that dog sized hole in your life.
private or small grou permit classes available
"I'll take a huge order of fiscal responsibility, a side of small government, hold the religion please. " Paraphrase from Tamara K
RIP 1911Fan
plblark

Postby V Man on Thu Dec 17, 2009 8:45 am

Do you know if he is ok with cats? I dont mean does he like to eat cats.
Everything you need to know to be successful in the military: Always have an Assault element,Support element and a Security element. Leadership Decisions: Will it accomplish the Mission? Is it morally and ethically correct? How will it affect your men?
V Man

Postby fatbob on Thu Dec 17, 2009 4:23 pm

My wife and I discussed it and we are VERY interested. We need to talk to our two young sons to see what they think (since our old dog was a black lab and looked very similar). If they'd be ok with it, then I will get in touch with you about having the whole family meet Mack.

If someone else is interested, by all means go for it! This is a tougher decision than I expected.
fatbob

Postby JJ on Thu Dec 17, 2009 4:50 pm

v-man, he was raised around my parents cat and was ok. He liked to try and play with her, but she wasn't having any of it.
"a man's rights rest in three boxes: the ballot box, the jury box, and the cartridge box." Frederick Douglass
JJ

Postby mnglocker on Thu Dec 17, 2009 5:26 pm

fatbob wrote:My wife and I discussed it and we are VERY interested. We need to talk to our two young sons to see what they think (since our old dog was a black lab and looked very similar). If they'd be ok with it, then I will get in touch with you about having the whole family meet Mack.

If someone else is interested, by all means go for it! This is a tougher decision than I expected.

Take the plunge. :mrgreen: 8-)
-Get a rope Tuco.
What happens in the basement stays in the basement.

http://www.ronpaul2012.com/
mnglocker

Postby DeanC on Fri Dec 18, 2009 9:04 am

I'd rather have Mack than these dogs: Dogs Who Ate Owner Are Up For Adoption
Decrypt the points of departure and return your head slowly and you do not cancel your hair.
DeanC

Postby lenny7 on Fri Dec 18, 2009 2:34 pm

JJH, I just sent your post to a guy looking for a black lab to give to a family that just lost three of them in a fire. You can find his post here:

http://www.hotspotoutdoors.com/forum/ubbthreads.php/topics/2108120/Black_Lab_Puppy_for_9_year_old#Post2108120
lenny7

Postby mattxd on Fri Dec 18, 2009 10:06 pm

if your on the fence about giving this dog a home....
"Everyone wants to live at the expense of the state. They forget that the state lives at the expense of everyone." -- Frederic Bastiat (1801-1850) Source: The Law, by Frederic Bastiat, 1850
Go ahead report me to Barry!!
mattxd

Postby JJ on Sun Dec 20, 2009 5:42 pm

Thanks to all who showed an interest in Mack. He has found a good home with fellow guntalker Fatbob and his family. I hope ya'll and Mack will have a lifetime of fond memories starting today. Good luck and keep me posted.
JJ

PreviousNext

Return to Everything Else