Mr. Beer brewing package (ready to brew!) $20

Sell anything here, doesn't have to be firearm related

Mr. Beer brewing package (ready to brew!) $20

Postby yuppiejr on Sat Jan 17, 2015 12:12 pm

I dabbed around with this and made a couple batches of beer which turned out fine, but I decided that I'm better at drinking than making beer so this is up for grabs. The fermenter was used 4 times. Package includes all of the stuff you don't already have around the house required to brew 4 gallons of beer. It takes about a month to ferment and carbonate a full batch of decent beer depending on how active the yeast is and if/how long you choose to lager the beer in your fridge.

This package includes:

8 liter fermenter keg
Thermometer strip installed on fermenter keg (not included with the basic kit)
brand new spigot and wand assembly for easy bottle filling from the keg (upgrade from the basic spigot which tends to make a huge mess)
16 brand new 1 liter bottles with caps and labels (the kit normally comes with 12)
Instruction manual + poster
Sugar measure (not included in the normal kit)
2 x packets of oxygen sanitizer
1 x nearly full 1 pound container of oxygen sanitizer (not included with the basic kit)
1 x muslin cloth bag for containing herbs or other flavor components during the fermenting process (not included with the basic kit)

The malt extracts below (which include the malted extract in a sealed steel can plus a packet of brewers yeast) show "best by" dates in 2014 as indicated below, I'm throwing them in as freebies - they have been stored in our cellar below 68 degrees so I expect they will work perfectly. Both are far superior to the light beer extract that came with the kit originally. :)

1 x Oktoberfest Lager malt extract with yeast (August 14)
1 x Bewitched Amber Ale malt extract with yeast (October 14)
1 x "Smooth" malt booster (I intended to use this with the Oktoberfest extract) (November 14)

yuppiejr

Return to Everything Else