Posting Pictures (Even really big ones)

Sell anything here, doesn't have to be firearm related

Posting Pictures (Even really big ones)

Postby RobD on Mon Apr 26, 2010 8:51 am

People like to see something before they commit to buy it. By including pictures in your item for sale, you'll probably find much more interest, get more responses, and much less:
:picsneeded:

If you have taken your picture with a digital camera, odds are unless you resized it, the photo will be too large to post using the forum's upload function. imageshack.us will not only host the image for you (which saves resources on this site) it will also resize it for you into a nice, message board friendly size.

Here I'll show you what you need to do to include pictures in your post for selling your item.
For this demonstration, I'll use a picture of Strad's favorite AR, and imageshack.us to host the image.

HERE is the original picture.... You'll notice it's much too large to post directly onto the forum.

So we head over to imageshack.us. On the Homepage, Click "Browse", and locate your picture on your computer.
You can actually add more than one picture if you wish.

Under "Image resize" Choose "640x480" Which is also conveniently labeled "for message boards". Then click "Upload Now"
After the upload is complete, you will be brought to a new page. Once there, look for the "Direct Link" code. Copy the entire link.
Then head back to the board, and in the post you're writing, click the "Img" button above the text box..
Paste your photo link In between the [ IMG ] and [ /IMG ]. The end result should look like:
Code: Select all
[img]http://img189.imageshack.us/img189/9348/pinkar.jpg[/img]

If you did all of this, your picture, even the huge ones, should be ready in your post, in a nice, easy to view size.
Political Director - MN Gun Owners Caucus/PAC
NRA Instructor (BP, PPITH, PPOTH, Reloading, RSO)
Certified Glock Armorer - Permit to Carry Instructor - Aegis Outdoors
RobD

Re: Posting Pictures (Even really big ones)

Postby Pat Cannon on Mon Apr 26, 2010 9:45 am

Good advice.

But I feel like you should pick one subforum and post it there. That way if a discussion develops I don't have to follow three different ones.
Pat Cannon

Postby Ram-tastic on Mon Apr 26, 2010 9:55 am

Tinypic.com is a good / free site and has a built in editor to resize / fix.
Ram-tastic

Postby RobD on Mon Apr 26, 2010 10:19 am

Pat Cannon wrote:Good advice.

But I feel like you should pick one subforum and post it there. That way if a discussion develops I don't have to follow three different ones.

I actually meant to lock them for reference... But since a conversation has started... I guess I'll leave this one alone. Other 2 have been locked for easy reference, so no need to worry about different conversations. :D

Ram-tastic wrote:Tinypic.com is a good / free site and has a built in editor to resize / fix.

There's a myrad of others... use whatever you want... This is simply a tutorial for those who don't know how. :cheers:
Political Director - MN Gun Owners Caucus/PAC
NRA Instructor (BP, PPITH, PPOTH, Reloading, RSO)
Certified Glock Armorer - Permit to Carry Instructor - Aegis Outdoors
RobD

Return to Everything Else