WTB : 16" ram wheel also black schedule 40 steel pipe

Sell anything here, doesn't have to be firearm related

WTB : 16" ram wheel also black schedule 40 steel pipe

Postby Ram-tastic on Tue May 04, 2010 6:43 pm

EDIT : I am in the hunt for some black schedule 40 steel pipe as I am going to have a couple bumpers made up for my truck so looking for some 2" black sched 40 steel pipe or the like,no wimpy stuff wanted... :twisted:

Looking for one of these in the pic below,if it has to have a 265/70/16 mounted great,if not great...I want it.

Does not have to be perfect cosmetically,just structurally safe.

Thanks !

Jim

EDIT: O.K...... well for now anybody want to swap spare tires ?

I am running 265/75/16 and have a real nice ( looks like at least 80% remaining ) 245/75/16 michelin XT ( I think ?....it is not here at the moment,will update tomorrow at lunch. ) ,so if ya have a 265 and need a 245 on a dodge ram 1500 5 bolt wheel,plain jane steel wheel with a beautiful rusty pattern only made after years of hard work by mother nature....... :P
Last edited by Ram-tastic on Sat May 08, 2010 8:22 am, edited 5 times in total.
Ram-tastic

Re: WTB : 16" Dodge ram wheel ( single )

Postby justaguy on Tue May 04, 2010 6:46 pm

If you don't find one here try U Pull R Parts.
WWTNSTKBLD
(What Would The Navy SEALs That Killed Bin Laden Do)
justaguy

Postby farmerj on Tue May 04, 2010 6:55 pm

http://www.frenchlakeautoparts.com/

I got a bent rim on my Olds. They don't have it, but can get it.

This place is HUGE with parts.
We reap what we sow. In our case, we have sown our government.
Current moon phase
farmerj

Location: The edge of the universe in the vertex of time on the space continuum of confusion

Postby Ram-tastic on Tue May 04, 2010 7:28 pm

Yea going to wait till a last resort before paying that much for one,these yards are getting crazy these days,johns auto charges you to go into the yard to pull your own part...... :?
Ram-tastic

Postby JJ on Tue May 04, 2010 8:35 pm

Ram-tastic wrote:Yea going to wait till a last resort before paying that much for one,these yards are getting crazy these days,johns auto charges you to go into the yard to pull your own part...... :?

I think every yard around the cities charges just to pull your own part these days. Get your moneys worth, make sure and pull all the fuses you will ever need plus and many nuts and bolts as you can to replace dropped/lost/stripped bolts.
"a man's rights rest in three boxes: the ballot box, the jury box, and the cartridge box." Frederick Douglass
JJ

Postby farmerj on Tue May 04, 2010 8:36 pm

used rim for me is $100...

New is almost $400. :o EACH

Thinking steel rims from the u-pull-it for $25 each might be in line.... ;)
We reap what we sow. In our case, we have sown our government.
Current moon phase
farmerj

Location: The edge of the universe in the vertex of time on the space continuum of confusion

Postby DeanC on Tue May 04, 2010 9:16 pm

Decrypt the points of departure and return your head slowly and you do not cancel your hair.
DeanC

Postby FJ540 on Tue May 04, 2010 10:47 pm

When did John's start charging you to pull your own parts?

They've got a whole warehouse full of the popular parts already pulled, but if it's still on the carcass, they've never said I had to pay to go get it off myself. That's not to say they're cheap, but sometimes having one is better than not having one.

+1 for french lake. That place is awesome. I once got upgraded anti-sway bars (front and rear) for an rx7 for 25 bucks with the mounts and everything. They didn't believe me they were aftermarket even though the paint was still bright red and the bushings were hardly dirty. :lol: Made $150 bucks off those when I parted the car out later.
FJ540

Postby Ram-tastic on Wed May 05, 2010 5:50 am

Thanks dean but yet again,$80 - $100 for used common wheel when that is probably about what they paid for the truck it came off of..... :roll:

Anybody want to start our own yard,we can make a fortune !!!
Ram-tastic

Postby DeanC on Wed May 05, 2010 7:41 am

Ram-tastic wrote:Thanks dean but yet again,$80 - $100 for used common wheel when that is probably about what they paid for the truck it came off of.....

Ouch - yeah - it's hit and miss sometimes. I've had some luck using it. Sometimes you need to expand the geographic range and you get more hits.

I've been looking for a bumper skin and some places want $300 for a scratched used one which is what a new one costs from the dealer.
Decrypt the points of departure and return your head slowly and you do not cancel your hair.
DeanC

Return to Everything Else