Web site software

Sell anything here, doesn't have to be firearm related

Web site software

Postby cobb on Fri Dec 28, 2007 12:17 pm

I have had this web site software for a few years and never used it. If anyone is interested in it let me, you can have it for the cost of shipping.

“Nothing in life is so exhilarating as to be shot at without result”. - Winston Churchill

RIVER VALLEY TRAINING
MN. DPS/BCA approved training organization.

http://www.RiverValleyTraining.com
cobb

Re: Web site software

Postby princewally on Fri Dec 28, 2007 12:25 pm

That's an offer I can match. I'll provide a access to my uber-powerful web site designer. Free to all windows users.

Of the people, By the People, For the People. The government exists to serve us, not the reverse.
princewally

Postby Thor on Mon Jan 07, 2008 2:33 pm

princewally wrote:That's an offer I can match. I'll provide a access to my uber-powerful web site designer. Free to all windows users.

Smarty pants !!! :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
Thor

Postby meltedeyes on Mon Jan 07, 2008 3:40 pm

princewally wrote:That's an offer I can match. I'll provide a access to my uber-powerful web site designer. Free to all windows users.

Bah! amateur! Everyone knows that real web designers use vi. ;)
meltedeyes

Postby princewally on Mon Jan 07, 2008 3:41 pm

meltedeyes wrote:

vi(or at least, vim) has too many features. I don't like the clutter, so I use notepad. :)
Of the people, By the People, For the People. The government exists to serve us, not the reverse.
princewally

Postby Pat Cannon on Mon Jan 07, 2008 5:46 pm

Pat Cannon

Postby meltedeyes on Mon Jan 07, 2008 5:55 pm

princewally wrote:
meltedeyes wrote:

vi(or at least, vim) has too many features. I don't like the clutter, so I use notepad. :)

Clutter? What, you have somethign against tildes? You tilde hater, you! :P
meltedeyes

Postby Burnsville Guy on Mon Jan 07, 2008 7:20 pm

meltedeyes wrote:Clutter? What, you have somethign against tildes? You tilde hater, you! :P

Please attack the argument and not the person please! :booyah: :catfight: :lol: :lol: :lol: Sorry couldn't help myself! :lol: :lol: :lol:
Burnsville Guy

Postby meltedeyes on Tue Jan 08, 2008 11:20 am

Burnsville Guy wrote:
meltedeyes wrote:Clutter? What, you have somethign against tildes? You tilde hater, you! :P

Please attack the argument and not the person please! :booyah: :catfight: :lol: :lol: :lol: Sorry couldn't help myself! :lol: :lol: :lol:

Okay, attack the argument...the argument is vi has too much clutter.

Notepad has this thing called a menu bar, that has File, Edit, Format, etc on it. all on the screen denying space to view the document. Plus it has the title bar. And Scroll bars if the file is big enough.

vi has ~ and when you open it up it looks like this:

~
~
~
~
~
~
~
~
~

but as you add lines to the document the tildes disappear. A much cleaner window. Okay okay. So it isn't mouse aware. and has a command mode and an edit mode. And when in command mode you use hjkl to move around (is some version the arrow keys are enabled, but not all) and has other cryptic commands like dd to delete a line, or r to replace a letter. and you have to enter i (insert) o (open new line) a (append) and other letters to enter edit mode, but if you want to save the document or copy/paste you have to first hist Esc to enter command mode and than more cryptic commands such as :w to save the file. But it all means I don't have to use a mouse, or enter stupid things like Ctrl-s to save and stuff. So since he doesn't like the clutter of tildes, he's still a tilde hater! :D

(And that description doesn't help my argument at all, does it? But notice I'm not deriding him for being a Windows user! :) )
meltedeyes

Postby BlackEagl on Tue Jan 08, 2008 1:44 pm

Ahh.. vi.. The one true editor. I use it daily. :)
BlackEagl

Postby cobb on Tue Jan 08, 2008 5:08 pm

So since this offer is old, as is the software, and has drifted so far off the original topic, I assume no one is interested in the free software......

Not complaining, it wouldn't be the first time that a thread that I was involved with drifted off topic. :cheers:
“Nothing in life is so exhilarating as to be shot at without result”. - Winston Churchill

RIVER VALLEY TRAINING
MN. DPS/BCA approved training organization.

http://www.RiverValleyTraining.com
cobb

Postby meltedeyes on Tue Jan 08, 2008 5:15 pm

cobb wrote:So since this offer is old, as is the software, and has drifted so far off the original topic, I assume no one is interested in the free software......

Not complaining, it wouldn't be the first time that a thread that I was involved with drifted off topic. :cheers:

Nope, sorry. I have an old copy of Fusion myself that I never even got around to installing. I can't design a website to save my life so i don't try. I just tweak what other people have written. An old job wanted me to design their new website just because I was one of two IT guys there. So i got together with my boss and told him I suck, he said to do it anyway. And when the President didn't like it we'd have solid proof why you hire a professional webdesigner and not have the Mac admin to do your webpage.
meltedeyes

Return to Everything Else