FS: EcoFlow Delta Portable Power Station - $800

Sell anything here, doesn't have to be firearm related

FS: EcoFlow Delta Portable Power Station - $800

Postby jdege on Mon Jan 24, 2022 3:29 pm

I have an EcoFlow Delta Portable Power Station for sale.

I'm asking $800. PM if you're interested.

I'm in S. Mpls/Richfield.

I''m planning to get a sailboat ready to live-aboard, next season. As a part of this I've been readying gear to install once it gets warm enough - new standing rigging, bottom paint, etc.

One of the things this boat will need is a sizable house bank to provide for its electrical needs. I'm planning on putting in an induction cooktop and a combination microwave/convection oven, to replace the existing but no-longer functional propane oven and range.

I ran across a YouTube video of a couple who also intended to install a large house bank, eventually, but had been getting by with an EcoFlow Delta. I went looking around, decided it would be a good idea, and back in October I bought one.

EF ECOFLOW Portable Power Station DELTA, UPS Power Supply 1260Wh Battery Pack with 6 1800W (3300W Surge) AC Outlets, Solar Battery Generator for Outdoor Camping RV

It's very popular among the RVing crowd, and it's technical reviews are excellent.

I've found it very convenient, even just around the house. I have an electric chainsaw, and when I had a branch come down in the yard instead of running an extension cable into the garage, I just plugged into the EcoFlow and it handled it just fine.

I've tried it with a microwave, and a convection cooktop, and a 15W radiant heater, and they all worked fine. All of them pull 1300-1500 watts, and all will drain the battery in about an hour, but microwave and cooktop I only expect to use a couple of minutes at a time, and using batteries to run heaters is just stupid, I just wanted to see if it could handle it. It did fine.

So, why am I selling it already, when I only bought it three months ago and have only barely used it? It's Lithium Ion. And it turns out that's not safe on a boat.

That whole problem of lithium batteries spontaneously igniting has been pretty much fixed with the smarter battery management systems that are built into every lithium battery. Unless you drop it into the water. If your boat starts to flood you have a problem. Flood deep enough to submerge a lithium battery and suddenly you have a much bigger problem.

Boats generally use Lithium Ferro Phosphate batteries. LiFePO4. They aren't as energy dense as the other Li-Ion chemistries, but they can't spontaneously self-ignite.

So I found a similar power pack from Bluetti. More expensive, a bit more capacity, a lot heavier (62 lbs vs 38 for the EcoFlow Delta), slower to charge (the EcoFlow Delta will charge from 0 to 100% in less than two hours, the Bluetti takes five).

But, most importantly for boating use, the Bluetti is LiFePO4.

There are pics in the Amazon link, and the YouTube video, above. These are of the ones I'm selling.

It will run a microwave
20220124_143114_copy_816x510.jpg

Comes with user manual, cords for charging from a wall outlet, a solar panel or three, or a 12V outlet, and a fabric case.
20220124_143118_copy_816x510.jpg

It has six 120V AC outlets that share ground terminal holes. You can use three grounded devices at a time.
20220124_143133_copy_816x510.jpg

I'll be including the original box. Shipping requirements on lithium batteries of this size are stringent. You can ship FedEx or UPS, but only in an approved box.
20220124_143124_copy_816x510.jpg
jdege

Return to Everything Else