Botach Tactical, BOOOOO

Share your reviews of firearms and related products and services.

Re: Botach Tactical, BOOOOO

Postby Collector1337420 on Wed Dec 19, 2012 2:45 pm

I was going to start a thread on this, I guess I won't need to.

Someone in the marketplace said they still had some gen2 Pmags. So, I looked and all they had left in stock was black, which was what I wanted anyway.

I got a bunch to stock up, but I haven't gotten an email, from an order placed around 10pm last night.

On top of it, their website is down, or disappeared, just try and go to it. It vanished.

I'm starting to think they stole my money for 10 Pmags, my card has been charged, and now they disappeared.

What the hell kind of fly by night outfit is this? I should have read their reviews (terrible) but I had tunnel vision trying to get some some of the last Pmags ever, for all we know.

Anybody got any ideas what I should do? Or where to find some Pmags since I probably just got robbed?
"The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants."

"None are more hopelessly enslaved than those who falsely believe they are free."
Collector1337420

Postby AFTERMATH on Wed Dec 19, 2012 6:43 pm

Collector1337420 wrote:I was going to start a thread on this, I guess I won't need to.

Someone in the marketplace said they still had some gen2 Pmags. So, I looked and all they had left in stock was black, which was what I wanted anyway.

I got a bunch to stock up, but I haven't gotten an email, from an order placed around 10pm last night.

On top of it, their website is down, or disappeared, just try and go to it. It vanished.

I'm starting to think they stole my money for 10 Pmags, my card has been charged, and now they disappeared.

What the hell kind of fly by night outfit is this? I should have read their reviews (terrible) but I had tunnel vision trying to get some some of the last Pmags ever, for all we know.

Anybody got any ideas what I should do? Or where to find some Pmags since I probably just got robbed?

Not to defend a company's poor customer service - But this time might not be their fault.
They've got a crappy website to begin with, I doubt it could handle the bandwidth.
That and I think it's a yahoo server or webstore - something like that... They could have pulled the plug.

One thing I've noticed from them, is they don't seem to send an auto reply. I've only ever got an email when they actually processed my order. Never been more than a couple days - Though, I don't recall what I ordered last time, but it stayed in processing for a week or so before shipping...

Wait a few days, call them, if you haven't heard anything yet.
I'd bet right now, even fleet farm is having difficulties attending sales.

Again not really trying to defend them so much as to give you some peace of mind...
RWVA Senior Instructor -- http://www.RWVA.org
AFTERMATH

Postby grousemaster on Wed Dec 19, 2012 6:48 pm

I got an email confirmation from them when I ordered a couple days ago....
01 FFL
NRA Life Member
NRA Business Alliance
grousemaster

Postby kerns bbo on Wed Dec 19, 2012 8:08 pm

grousemaster wrote:I got an email confirmation from them when I ordered a couple days ago....

Ditto. No problems as of yet here.
kerns bbo

Postby Mn01r6 on Wed Dec 19, 2012 8:12 pm

Me too, but no shipping notification. I am scared my evil mags may not make it before they are even eviler!!!
Mn01r6

Postby TTS on Wed Dec 19, 2012 8:27 pm

Collector1337420 wrote:I was going to start a thread on this, I guess I won't need to.

Let me start by saying Botach sucks! But many of the big sites like Buds Gun Shop have gone down the past few days... Could be DOS attack or just overload from the genuine traffic.
Owner
Tactical Training Solutions
Specializing in Self Defense and Firearms Training
http://www.minnesotaccw.com
TTS

Postby grousemaster on Thu Dec 20, 2012 5:48 pm

I got an email today saying they were out of P-Mags and I wouldn't be charged until they shipped....they already charged me though....
01 FFL
NRA Life Member
NRA Business Alliance
grousemaster

Postby adoptedson on Thu Dec 20, 2012 7:12 pm

grousemaster wrote:I got an email today saying they were out of P-Mags and I wouldn't be charged until they shipped....they already charged me though....

I got the same email. And the charges are still pending on my account as well. I'll wait to see if they go through. I'll probably just keep the backorder and wait it out.
adoptedson

Postby gearguy10 on Sun Dec 30, 2012 7:45 pm

I got sucked in too. Ordered 3 pmags on 12/18. There was even a little "check inventory" button that said said "in stock" before I placed my order. I got an order confirmation email the next day. I forgot about it until 12/28 when I decided to check the shipping status. I emailed and asked what was up. Today, 12/30, I got a reply telling me they are gone and I'm SOL. Nice.
"Do you think my mind is maturing late, or simply rotted early?" - Ogden Nash
gearguy10

Postby mnmike59 on Sun Dec 30, 2012 8:00 pm

That place is hoot! absolutely running it with the customers money. No Stock at all. Even their clearance stuff goes on back order. :rotf:
"Just remember boys, this is America. Just because you get more votes it doesn't mean you win."
Fox Mulder.
mnmike59

Postby RobW on Wed Jan 02, 2013 8:16 pm

I have had good luck with Botach when ordering from them through Ebay, I think they are worried about getting negative feedback so they mind their p's and q's. But I recently placed an order through their website for AR mags and they cancelled the order, deleted my account, and didn't even notify me until about a week later. So... as long as you know that you are rolling the dice every time you order from them, you can get some deals.
RobW

Previous

Return to Reviews